FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Study: 92 per cent of Democrats are gay... "

Author Topic: "Study: 92 per cent of Democrats are gay... "
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20031030/od_afp/lifestyle_us_television_031030143938

[Smile]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh blue hell [ROFL]
Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
lmao

That's awesome!
It seems like Fox News is quick to the lawyers when they hear something they don't like. I'm reminded of Al Franken's new book, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right which Fox attemted to sue him over. While I think Franken is crazily liberal, he's really funny.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
Forget about Fox, they can sue who they want. I'm sure a lot of other broadcasting television companies would jump at the chance to air Matt Groening's (a genius [Smile] ) Simpsons show. [Smile]
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
While the lawsuit never materialized, Groening said some action was taken.

"Now Fox has a new rule that we can't do those little fake news crawls on the bottom of the screen in a cartoon because it might confuse the viewers into thinking it's real news," he said.

Because that's a joke that'll be funny when they use it in every episode.

Heh.

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they meant "happy". This reminds me of when my mom's word processor tried to get her to change the word "faggots" to "homosexuals" in a scene of her fantasy novel where the hero is putting out a fire by jumping up and down on some smouldering sticks afire.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's cool that in two years the show will be the longest running sitcom in television history. It's the only sitcom I watch.

Those guys got it goin' on!

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Idle curiostiy, pooka. How did the word work into the scene? Was a tied up bundle of sticks on fire? If so, how did that happen? And why not just call it a bundle? Why offend people when you don't need to? Faggot, niggardly. You know, I wonder if anyone has ever tried to write a book with every offensive sounding word, but not using them in their offensive way.

"Joe lit his fag with the faggot as he was too niggardly to buy matches."

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Kayla! That's great! I'll have to see if I can come up with more offensive sounding words for the next sentence.

quote:
This reminds me of when my mom's word processor tried to get her to change the word "faggots" to "homosexuals" in a scene of her fantasy novel where the hero is putting out a fire by jumping up and down on some smouldering sticks afire.
This in turn reminds me of a story I heard on NPR years ago. There was some device that had been developed that was designed to bleep out obscinities in broadcast TV and replace them with polite translations (appearing in text at the bottom of the screen, I assume, but I don't really know). Anyway, in the NPR piece they were talking about still having to work the bugs out of the system, and gave as an example the instance in which the device replaced the phrase "Dick Van Dyke Show" with "Jerk Van Gay Show". I've always loved that one.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Jerk Van Gay Show"

BWHAHAhahahaahaha LOL [ROFL]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets all protest TV Land, since they insist on running that Anti-Lesbian show (title anyway) the "Dick Van Dyke Show."
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.