FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which XBOX game? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which XBOX game?
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
He's the only one who understand me in this thread.

Sorry Jonny Boy.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I second Soul Calibur 2, if you don't already have it for another console.

And how can use say you own an XBOX if you don't own Halo?

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
The XBOX was a gift. Halo wasn't part of that gift. [Frown]

It will when I have more money. I enjoy the game, but I have beaten it on normal so I know how the story ends. Kind of pointless beyond then if you don't anybody else who has the XBOX like me. [Smile]

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never played halo so I haven't "experianced" this mind altering game so maybe my opinion can help.

I have panzer dragon on sega saturn and I think that it's awesome, and from what I've heard panzer dragon orta is just as good.

I also have perfect dark on n64 and I like that alot too, but I haven't sen any previews of perfect dark zero.

If you're into it, GTA 3 and vice city are supposed to come out on X-Box this month.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Face it, JB. You'll never be able to rival me until you brush up on your fashion knowledge.

Better run out and buy the latest copy of Japanese Vogue and send in your subscription card for Women's Wear Daily. Cuz for now...

All the ladies love Zal, and so does Pat. [Razz]

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Curse my lack of fashion awareness!

Teach me your ways, Zal. Teach me how to be stylish and fashion-savvy. Teach me how to be walk the fine line between being well-dressed and being effeminate. Teach me to be a metrosexual.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Now that was just beautiful. I hate to admit this, but I think you're getting funnier, Jon Boy.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

So for your first lesson:

Before you can even think about metrosexuality, you need to master classic British menswear.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang. Albert Thurston makes some pretty sweet suspend—err, I mean braces.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Back to the original subject, you should save the sixty bucks and buy Deus Ex 2 next month. If you're absolutely desperate and/or an adrenaline junky who can't stand games with dialogue, go buy Crimson Skies: HRTR.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Panzer Dragon Orta is, indeed, a very good game. However, I can only take about 20 minutes at a stretch, because it's very frustrating at times.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Oh yeah, I forgot about Panzer Dragon Orta. That game's good too, but I think Soul Calibur 2 is better.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Oh and I forgot to mention Phantasy star online, I have the gamecube version and it has a few differences. the ones I can think of are these:

different controller(duh)
on x-box you don't get the GBA minigames
however, on x-box you do get voice chat online

I don't play mine online simply because I don't like paying fees to play games online, But I still find it fun.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
KOTOR? Halo? Phantasy Star Online? What are you guys thinking? Panzer Dragoon Orta. The only good XBox game.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
An Xbox game that has been just released that is supposed to be really good is Crimson Skies. I haven't got it yet, but the screenshots look awesome. [Big Grin] Also it is supposed to be the best Xbox Live game of the year. Unfortunately, I don't have Xbox live... [Grumble]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
*Has two free months of XBOX live left*

[Taunt]

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Oh and I think you need an active x-box live account to play PSO on x-box at all. I've also heard that hacking is much more rampant on the x-box ver.

I'm pretty sure that Phantasy star online ep. 3 is coming only to gamecube, i'm not sure about PSO ep. 1&2 plus.

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I have gamefly back now, so I wonder, should I give KOTOR another try?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
Oh and I think you need an active x-box live account to play PSO on x-box at all. I've also heard that hacking is much more rampant on the x-box ver.

Hacking as in cheating online? Or hacking as in pirating games?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerryst316
Member # 5054

- posted      Profile for Jerryst316   Email Jerryst316         Edit/Delete Post 
I cant believe nobody has talked about Soldier of Fortune II. That is a great shooter game and is very realistic. I still love to play the story and the multiplayer. Plus, the guns that are used are simply devasting. You will love it!

P.S Perfect Dark Zero? Is this for xbox and when does it come out? ::drooling at that prospect::

Posts: 107 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

That's a run-to-the-rocket-launcher game in my opinion. [Dont Know] Though I have only played the PC version, I don' think the Xbox version is much different.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Ninja Gaiden comes out this month.

If you don't buy it I will come to your house dressed like a ninja and attack you with chinese throwing stars.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

I remember playing Perfect Dark on Nintendo 64 for hours upon hours. I loved that game. [Smile]
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

I was just playing Co-Op PD with my friend at 8:00.
Nick
Member # 4311

*looks up Ninja Gaiden reviews and checks availability on gamefly*
*drools*
*adds to Q*
Thanks Strider. [Smile]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic right now, and (IMO) it's one of the best RPGs ever made. In fact, I'd put it up there with Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Well, I just got the game, and I bought it because I just found that it was better the second time. I have no idea why. I'm about ready to go to the Sith girl's party on Taris. Any tips Tom? Or anybody for that matter?
Nick
Member # 4311

Well, I'm shocked. It was awful at first, because you don't have any control over the combat, and that was a big issue why I didn't like it at first. Now I'm captivated by the game. It's 1:20 and I'm still playing at the wee hours of the night. [Embarrassed] [Dont Know]
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone needs to buy Full Spectrum Warrior when it comes out. That game is going to 0VVn!
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes - Ninja Gaiden!

Jeez, I wish I had an Xbox... if only for Halo 2. Sadly, if I were to buy a console right now, it'd be a Gamecube. It's got more games that both me and my wife enjoy/would like to buy, and it's cheaper than an Xbox.

*sigh* Maybe a decent Xbox emulator will come out so I can play Halo 2 without putting down $200 for another game system.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
ummm...just a reminder that Ninja Gaiden is coming out soon. [Smile]

Psychonauts is a game i think is going to be awesome.

from ign:

quote:
Surreal action adventure game starring Raz, a powerful young cadet at psychic summer camp. While working on his levitation merit badge, Raz discovers that someone is kidnapping psychic children and stealing their brains. In order to foil this evil plot and earn the title of Psychonaut, Raz must project himself into the minds of one bizarre character after another to battle their nightmares and mental demons. He does all this while continuing to earn his psychic merit badges in Telekinesis, Clairvoyance, Pyrokinesis and more. Players run, bounce, float, climb, swing and sneak while defeating monsters, lunatics and demons with the Psi-Blast, a mental burst of energy that will banish nightmares.
The idea just sounds so intriguing. Each level is a mind of a different mental patient. So i'm sure each level is not only wholly different from any other one, but also totally insane! [Smile]

And Fable comes out this summer. And from everything i've read and seen Fable will blow KOTOR out of the water in the "best RPG ever" category.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

quote:
*sigh* Maybe a decent Xbox emulator will come out so I can play Halo 2 without putting down $200 for another game system.
Or maybe you could just STEAL one. That's really cheap.

[ February 19, 2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: A Rat Named Dog ]

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Yeah, but you can't forget about the cost for the bat or hammer to break the glass.

I wish they'd bring back Pilot Wings. I loved that game. I doubt if it came out, it would come out for XBOX, but whatever.

[ February 19, 2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Nick
Member # 4311

Psst:
For "backup purposes only."
and:
More linkage
After doing those, get the games from Gamefly, and you can try before you "buy". After you "buy" you can backup for ease of play.

The "quotes" should express my meaning. [Wink]

Nick
Member # 4311

Well, I just finished KotOR. How long did it take everybody else. Mine was just under 40 hours. [Dont Know]
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

I managed to beat KotOR in just over 30 hours. I beat it 3 days after purchasing it. Averages out to 10 hours a day. I am officially a maniac. [Evil Laugh]

[ February 22, 2004, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Mr.Funny ]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

[Eek!]
10 hours per day?

It took me weeks to beat it. But then, I don't play 10 hours per day. [Smile]

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

It was during the summer. I was bored. [Dont Know]
Nick
Member # 4311

I'm not criticizing, I'm just shocked. I don't think I could ever do that. I have played through the night with Half-Life though. [Smile]
Salaam
Member # 5239

- posted      Profile for Salaam   Email Salaam         Edit/Delete Post 
2 words, multiplayer HALO

get online, 4 x-boxes, 4 people on each one. Blood gulch........ahhhhh, good times......

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Well Salaam, if you think about it, that's a lot of money.
4 Xboxes with two included controllers: 4($175)
4 TV's: 4($150)
4 copies of Halo: 4($50)
Since we have the eight included controllers: 8($30)
100 based router: 30
5 cat5 cables: $50
So you get this addition:

700+ Xboxes
600+ TVs
200+ Halo games
240+ Controllers
30+ Router
50 Cat5 cables

= $1820.00
[Eek!]

Sure, playing with all that equipment can be fun, but you have to have some rich friends... [Razz]

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

Well, if everyone already owns most of the equipment (Xboxs, controllers, HALO, TVs) then all that is really neededed is the networking equipment and transportation to get everything to the same place. Since you would have 16 people, only 1 in four need to have Xboxs and other accessories.
Nick
Member # 4311

I personally don't have four Xbox controllers, and I don't have a TV that I'm comfortable taking out of my house. It's an old Zenith, but still. It's a heavy sucker. [Smile]
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got Knights of the Old Republic for PC - WOW. I can see why someone would want to play for 10 hours a day. Great action, great story - it's like Neverwinter with a plot I care about (and Jedi!). I can't wait to get my new system up and running so I can play in it's full glory on a big screen.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
While I own KotOR I have yet to play it, it crashes every time I try and run it. I suspect it doesn't like my drivers but since I don't have an internet connection at home right now there isn't a lot I can do about that. [Frown]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I can't wait to get my new system up and running so I can play in it's full glory on a big screen."

Let me confirm that this does, in fact, rock. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salaam
Member # 5239

- posted      Profile for Salaam   Email Salaam         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not saying run out and buy all the equipment but if you have friends who already have controllers or a few who have more than two it can be easy. Even just using one box and hooking up through gamespy and playing with people you don't know is fun. and remember....
get invisibility and bonk the noobs, so much fun. they have no idea what hit 'em

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you already have Splinter Cell?
Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.