FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What are you eating right now? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are you eating right now?
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
ok i had another moment of wekness and i bought an italian sub thingy from the same dirty citgo station out of the same reach in cooler. ive taken two bites and can stand no more.

i will hereby hunt the wild wilderness of friendly ave for wild boar, squirrels, mcdonald's or whatever other sustenance i can find.

::combat crawls downstairs with knife clenched in his teeth::

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
NEW PAGE! NEW PAGE!! I STARTED THE NEW PAGE!!

::john phillip sousa music::

DA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAA NAAA!! NU NAA NAA!!

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
.......Sweet?

[Dont Know]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Eating cheese crackers and drinking tea.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Eating an Atomic Fireball, and wondering whether I've chipped a tooth.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
The restaurant I ate at wasn't in an actual Chinatown, it's called Chinatown, and is in Bozeman, and it decorated with silk flower arrangements with hot glue water droplets on the petals. It's in a little strip mall across from the highschool... very sketchy.....

but it was the best food I've EVER HAD.

It was actually really simple, and I'm going to try to make it. It was the slimy whitish chinese chicken that I can never quite duplicate, mangoes, cooked in red pepper oil. I don't think it had much seasoning above the standard sesame oil/soy sauce flavor... it was slightly sweet but not gagging sweet like sweet & sour.

I've found that the secret to making wokked stuff taste chinese is the oil you use. I got some raw sesame oil at the co op and sautee some red peppers in that stuff and you're good to go.

Mmmmm.

That was so good. I'm not gonna shut up about it for weeks!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butterfly
Member # 5898

- posted      Profile for butterfly   Email butterfly         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first time I'm eating something while on Hatrack, so here goes. I'm eating a panini with roast beef, swiss, dried tomato spread, pesto, and tomatoes along with diet coke. MMMMMMMMMMM [Big Grin]
Posts: 91 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're able to replicate it, let me know the recipe.

I agree, when it comes to Chinese food, oil (and, as kat mentioned in an earlier thread, Oyster Sauce) is everything.

Right now I'm eating a piece of absolutely mind blowingly good dark chocolate.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
MmmmmMMmmmmmMmmmmm... Bacon with maple and mushrooms and coffee...

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I just ate a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, but the INSIDE OUT version.

Peanut Butter Cup = good
Inside out PBC = BAD

Which is strange, since they are made from the same materials.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I had delicious coconut ice cream at my sister's house last night. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Sharp cheddar cheese and a lovely blush wine.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.