FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Snow... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Snow...
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
so does he hunt animals or shoot targets?

I prefer the latter, mostly because I have no clue what I would do with the carcass if I killed an animal.

[ December 08, 2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
The ladder or the latter? [ROFL]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, shooting a ladder would take a fair degree of skill, I suppose.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

rivka, why aren't you on aim?
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I'm about to go offline and head out. And since I won't be back until 11ish my time . . . [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

In that case, I forgive you. [Wink]
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
He does both (shoots animals and shoots targets). Of course, this season, he hasn't shot any animals. He's seen lots, but it's not the right animal for the season, or it's the wrong sex of animal (there are lots of rules for hunting).
We eat what he shoots, so knowing what to do with the carcass is not a problem. [Smile] He's not a trophy hunter, he hunts for fun, of course (he likes to tramp around in the woods), but also for meat.
He works at a range here on post, so there is plenty of opportunity for him to enjoy shooting at targets instead. Since the game hereabouts is not cooperating. [Wink]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I usually shoot at shooting ranges with a friend from church. I also help him teach people about proper gun use.

Thank's for pointing out the typo.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
No snow here in Kansas yet, but it is supposed to start tonight; and get 3 to 8 inches by end of the day tomorrow (Tuesday). So I guess I need to go load some firewood in the back of my pickup to give some weight to the rear wheels. Commuting 35+ miles to work in the snow is not my idea of fun..

Oh, I could call in sick tomorrow and just stay home front of the heater with a mug of hot cocoa....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.