FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BEGGING THE DOG'S NAME GAME QUESTION (a game)1 2 3 ....104 105 106 (Page 0)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BEGGING THE DOG'S NAME GAME QUESTION (a game)1 2 3 ....104 105 106
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan

Reber?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Oh! I got it!

Radar!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
You are Correct!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I cheated by getting a little help

FG

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a 1 year old female that is mostly black but has some mottled dark brown on her paws, chest and jowls. Her name is B******
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
Britney?
Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Zoe is correct, Jade only gets partial credit for an unconnected reason.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

YAY! I'm gettin' good at this game! I didn't think Jade would be right, I just I really like the name.

And for a hint for the name of my Bichon, there are two letters in his name that repeat themselves and one of them is the C.

[ May 28, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: alath ]

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Cerdric?
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Alath no. I love making a pun just by answering you.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

[Big Grin] to punwit

and to Eruve, sorry no. That was a good guess though.

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
boromir?

that can't be right.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Clue #1 The dog's name is descriptive.
alath
Member # 6150

Is it Blackie? I bet it's Blackie. Or maybe Brownie, that could be it. Does the decription have to do with her coloring at all?
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I wanted to say Brownie.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
A lil' bump. And, hey, nobody's even tried to guess mine ?! I'll give you a hint: she was famous once.

jebus, what about Jane ? [Big Grin] Or June ?

As for punwit, I'd go with Brownie too.

And no idea for alath's C-starting Bichon... Or maybe... Just to be nuts: Coconut ?! [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, could it be Laura?
Laney?
Leeza?
Leigh?

Hmm, I can't think of any more L names that length...

[ May 31, 2004, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Eruve, nope, sorry. Think larger... [Wink] New hint to follow after some more attempts.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope and nope.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

Corwin, you got it! [Big Grin]
I'll post Coconut's story later when I have more time.

and for Corwin's dog, could it be:

Lacey?
Lewis?
Louis?
Lopez?
Libby?
Loren?

Corwin
Member # 5705

Wow, Coconut ? Really ?! Well, being a nut finally pays off ! [The Wave]

And nope, none of those I'm afraid.

punwit
Member # 6388

alath- yes the name has to do with coloring. But Blackie and Brownie are not correct.
Corwin
Member # 5705

punwit, this is not a guess for your dog's name, just a cool name I found: Beowoof. [Big Grin]
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Lanky?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Nope...
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Blanket?
punwit
Member # 6388

Well she does enjoy covering us... with doggy kisses but no. Think animal coloring.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Brindle
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw this thread for the first time haha funny title I wanna do that with my next thread
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

Punwit-
Bridget?
Blondie?
Bologna?

Corwin-
Lexis?
Libby?
Libra?
Lilly?
Lizzy?
Lolly?
Llama?

I'm running out of guesses for the two of you!

punwit
Member # 6388

Rivka [Party] We actually spell it differently cause my daughter wanted to make it special, Brynndle
Corwin
Member # 5705

Nope, dang it... And I can see how my first hint could have been misleading, so I'll "refine" it:

She was once a famous dog.

alath
Member # 6150

Lassie? No, that's too many letters. so, Lassy?
punwit
Member # 6388

Corwin- Lucky?
Corwin
Member # 5705

No, no, no, no. Think "not American" [Big Grin]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

LACEY
LAKER
LASER
LEILA
LEMON
LILAC
LIMBO
LINUS
LOONY
LOTUS
LYKOS

Corwin
Member # 5705

Nope... I didn't think it could be THAT hard !

One more hint: Russian. (add this to "famous dog", and I'm sure you'll find it !)

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Aw man, I searched for famous French dogs!
*runs back to Google*

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

LEMAN!!!
[Big Grin]

(or Laika? Gotta be Laika.)

[ June 01, 2004, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Errr.. Nope... [Roll Eyes] I didn't mean to say you should just "google" to find the answer... And what the heck was Leman famous for, anyway ? :going to google:
Corwin
Member # 5705

AND WE HAVE A WINNER !

LAIKA IT IS !

[Party]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[The Wave]

(I have no idea who Leman is...it came up on the search.)

Corwin
Member # 5705

From this site: http://www.flockguard.org/cmd/cmdprspc.htm

quote:
Moscow people were very enthusiastic about making the Caucasian a larger dog. The famous military kennel Red Star in Moscow mixed the Caucasian with the St. Bernard and the Newfoundland, trying to create new breeds based on the Caucasian. However, in my estimation they were unsuccessful at creating anything of value! These mixed breeds were bred in Moscow as Caucasian purebreds. The cross breeding produced increased height at the wither, a jowly look to the head, and an unbalanced nervous system. These dogs are huge with a somewhat soft wavy coat (a disqualification because the Caucasian must have a straight, offstanding coat), and they bark excessively without cause. However, a few dogs were saved in Moscow having an old purebred bloodline, offspring of the famous dog Leman, which are now considered very precious in breeding. Other breeders from all over Russia who try to preserve the breed often utilize this bloodline. In Dnieperpetrovsk, the modern center of dog business, the Caucasians are predominantly of Moscow breeding.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I used to have a German Shephard/Husky named P***** (male).

(this one should be really easy)

alath
Member # 6150

I will eventually get to posting Coconut's story, but for now...

This one's a black Great Dane, a male, and it looks like D***** (this might be a tough one)

cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
Right I have a male Heinz 57 who's called

B*****

My sisters dog is a Border Collie who's called

S****

Eruve could it be:

Puddle
Patchy
Pavlov
Pepper
Pickle
Pookie

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

cochick- nope.

[ June 03, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(*bump*)

Ok, it's a very regal sounding name.

*jeapordy music playing in background*

punwit
Member # 6388

Prince?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*DING DING DING*

*hands prize to punwit*

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.