FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *Captain Jack Sparrow --Vs.-- The Dread Pirate Roberts* (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: *Captain Jack Sparrow --Vs.-- The Dread Pirate Roberts*
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
One... Hundred...

Finally.. this is the first time i've had a topic that reached 100.. Not that I've been trying hard, but hey- i'm proud...

Hah!, you show em' Jen, tell em how it is- Sparrow is the greatest pirate of all time.

Speaking of pirates, I saw Pan last night.. I thought it was absolutely amazing.. besides the pink-pan thing and the I do I do I do believe in fairies bull honkey--- I'm playing Jon in our performance of Peter Pan this coming february, so it's a big difference from the play- I'm just upset that I don't get to kiss Tiger Lilly...

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Pepek, introducing another pirate into the discussion now may not be a wise move. [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought of something last night and just had to add it to the thread...

While talking to my brother last week after watching the movie for the first time, he told me that in an interview, Johnny Depp had stated that while preparing for the role and whenever he was "in character" he just tried to think, act, and do whatever he thought Keith Richards would do in that situation.

Think moany voice, think swaggering, think raised eyebrows, think eyeliner...

[ROFL]

It still makes me laugh to think about it.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
After I see the movie I alsways seem to add all those things to my character.. besides the eyeliner... - The same thing happens every time I watch strongbad too.
Was that somewhere on the DVD?

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
How did I miss this thread?
Inconceavable!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Up with Captain Jack Sparrow! He is more pirate-y anyway. I mean, who ever heard of a pirate whose ship we never saw? Wesley was only a pirate to save his life. It wasn't a CALLING for him or anything. Jack Sparrow is a real pirate.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Proposal for script emmedation:

At the point where Captian Jack has been surrounded, at the very end of the movie. Will and Elizabeth are blocking the soldiers from getting him.

Paraphrased lines that appear in the movie:
CAPTAIN SPARROW: I'm sorry, Miss Swan. It never would have worked out between us, luv. Will...Nice hat.

Proposed emmendation:
CAPTAIN SPARROW: I'm sorry, Miss Swan. It never would have worked out between us, luv. Will...Same thing.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.