FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon Reflections and Acknowledgements (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: WenchCon Reflections and Acknowledgements
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm wrong...was Jeremy there? Now I'm starting to think you may be right..I asked Mark when I was writig this to double check that I wasn't leaving any out... this is going to bother me now until someone sets the record straight [Confused]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy was in LiT - he gave his ticket to ROTK to Jamie, who hadn't seen it yet. So Jamie went to ROTK, not LiT.

Sheesh, Dave, you don't even know who you were with! [Razz]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
In case anyone was wondering, the question the "Hey, I'll Ask the Geeks" guy wanted answered was what on earth Frodo meant when he said that they had saved the shire, but not for him.

[ February 06, 2004, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Even worse than what Dave said, I actually HAD a ticket to RotK. I tried to give it to someone else, but all the other RotK "virgins" now had tickets. So I went to the customer service place and exchanged my ticket for LiT.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
And no, I still haven't seen RotK, and I don't plan to until it comes out on video. Actually...I haven't seen a single LotR movie on the big screen.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*grin* I just can't believe you slept through every movie at WenchCon.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

*apologises for his foggy memory, and writes Jeremy back into the acount*
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
While several people were still trying to decide what to do, I was accosted by the cops. You might think it was because I was dressed as a Nazgul--who'd let a Nazgul in to see ROTK? Well, sort of. It hadn't occurred to me, because I'd never seen a movie in costume, that you weren't allowed not to show your face in a theater.

So much for anonymity.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Macc, I thought that was extremely weird, cause I did it last year in the same theater, and I remember walking right by a security guard with the mask on.
::shrug:: It did mean that I didn't get to scare any one this year, though. which sucked.

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it was a different theater, a bigger one. That may have something to do with it. [Dont Know]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
<waits anxiously for the next installment>
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Which reminds me AK, it was great to get to talk to you for the first time, even if it had to be over the phone I still got to meet you at WenchCon. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't suppose I'm going to get my checkbook back, am I?
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

You'll get them back one at a time, when they come through in your statements. [ROFL]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

<<<<<Hobbes>>>>> It was great to talk to you too! I really wish I had been able to go. I was dying of envy in California. Clicking refresh every few minutes waiting for the latest pictures to go up. [Smile]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
anne kate: [ROFL]

Olivia, I called the post office and they're investigating my glasses. The guy said he CAN run a trace with all the information and that it SHOULD have arrived early LAST week. He was very confused about why it hadn't.

Anyway, he was very nice. I think this'll learn me good not to leave my new glasses behind.

*kicks self*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd leave the kicking of Jamie up to Ben if I were you. I'm sure he'd do a much more complete job and take more pride in his work.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

::herewithin apologizes for the lack of updates these past couple nights, and assures everyone that he will be returning to his Regularly Schedules Updates very soon - probably even tomorrow. Your patience is appreciated::

[Smile]

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Dave...

Checkbook. Where?

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Somewhere between here and there...
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Ok. That be good.
Taalcon
Member # 839

...but as for the individual checks, beats me. I know that a few at least 'stopped by' at Best Buy, Sam's Club, Outback Steak House, Chuck E Cheeses, and Al's Anger Management Gun Shop.

...okay, that's not true. I didn't go to Chuck E Cheeses.

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Ya, I can understand Best Buy, Outback, and the Angermanagement Gun Shop, but dude, whats up with Sams Club?
Taalcon
Member # 839

Lots of Root Beer. Cheap.
ak
Member # 90

Al's Anger Management Gun Shop! [ROFL]

Is this the gun store that runs those great back-to-school specials in the fall?

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
*Waits patiently for an update*

I love this stuff. It almost makes up for not being able to go. Almost.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
New pair of glasses ordered.

Note to self: don't pack and leave hotel until after you've taken your ritalin so you don't forget a $250 pair of glasses. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I'm so sorry, Mack. I should have sent it UPS. [Frown] I feel terribly guilty. [Frown]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

quote:

Al's Anger Management Gun Shop!

Is this the gun store that runs those great back-to-school specials in the fall?

[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

That's so horrible and twisted. Exactly my kind of humor!

Speaking of which, has anyone ever been to tshirthell.com? They have a T-shirt on there that, similar to a "Band's Tour" shirt, with the locations and dates on the back, is a School Shooting tour shirt, with all the dates and schools on the back.

So wrong. So wrong. So wrong. hehe.

Taalcon
Member # 839

CHAPTER XI: Ben's Butt & Wet Wenches. Or, We're All Going To Hell.

That got your attention, didn't it? Now read on... [Evil]

Even though we just had shared a wonderful experience together, we were still ready to Get The Hell Out of the theater.

While I jumped in Olivia's Wenchmobile, a few others took alternative methods. I know Jamie took off in her Mackmobile, and Hobbes (still fully decked out in GandalfGear) started his own reinactment of the Money Shot from the FOTR trailer (you know the one).

Either that, or Moses. Or Maybe Brigham Young. Who knows what goes through that kid's violently orange head. All I know is that they chose to walk and it was raining.

Which brings to mind another one of Dave's Tangents™: In my Junior Year at SCAD (I'm now in my Second Senior Year due to indecisiveness) I took a class called Acting for Animators, in which, after a while, I learned that the professor was nuts, plain and simple, and shouldn't be teaching anything, let alone an Acting for Animator's course. This, added to the fact that people in Savannah were getting on my nerves in general finally got me to spout out the phrase "It's in Idiot Exodus, And This Is the Promised Land. And [Our Teacher] Is Their Own Personal Moses!" I still use that Idiot Exodus quote wherever it may apply. Which unfortunately is often.

Not that this statement applied to anyone or anything in This Current Account, of course.

Ahem.

On our way back to the Hotel, we pass the Happy Wanderers and offer them a ride. They refuse, and we drive on - but quickly get stopped by the MackMobile who appear to be waving us over to them. We pull aside, and Olivia rolls down her window.

And the Mackmoblile asks if "We've got the Kid," referring to Olivia's Niece (right), who, due to her adorable costume, came to be known as the Legolass.

Olivia answers that we do, and the Mackmobile says cool, and drives off, leaving an irate mother of the Legolass, who thought that somehow they were second-guessing her mothering skills.

But they weren't.

Thing is, the Legolass saved us. Appears that the Happy Wanderers got an addition to the Photographic Emoticons that's not featured in the MadOwl archive. Yep, Ben introduced them to the true meaning of OO.

And we would've gotten it too, if it weren't for the presence of that wonderful, wonderful Legolass.

I owe you, kid.

And I had told the Wanderers that walking home was only asking for trouble. Maybe NOW they'll listen to me (no they won't).

Anyway, we finally got back to the Hotel, and tried to decide What It Was We Were Going To Do. Some of the Wanderers, as well as those in the Mackmobile had eventually decided on making a Waffle House excursion, but several others decided to stay Far Away From The Mooners And The Wanderers.

So we got in the Hot Tub.

And folks, I tell you, it was glorious. Bubbles and all. Nothing like an early-in-the-a.m. soak to make you feel alive.

I'd name everyone who was there at first, but I'd probably leave people out. All I know is that one point Andrea decided we should do 'Gollum's Dance & Falling Into Lava' Impressions, which were funny until I killed it.
We soaked for a while more, and eventually the Waffle Housians returned, and started making faces on the Window - at one point Noah even started making out with the window, which was incredibly disturbing, to say the least.

We soaked some more, discussed the difference between Geeks, Nerds & Dorks (firmly placing them into one of these categories - you guess which. And you'll probably guess incorectly too, unless you've been Properly Schooled), to which Ben thereby took on his Mantra of 'Nerds'. Partially due to Becky, Russell, Josh and Mark's discussion of their Hard Drives and Technical Specs.

Eventually some people left, and some more came in (after prodding, Sarah and Judy joined us), and after a while we began an impromptu round of The Word Association Game.

I had just been musing about how one of the coolest things about some of my friends back at school was that we could sit on the ground, and play a productive, thoughtful session of the game that lasted over an hour. I also thought a group of Jatraqueros would be just as cool, if not COOLER to play with.

The game ended up being something like this:

Dave: "Dog"
Jeremy: "Fur"
Lindsay: "Sex!"
Ben: "Me!"
Shlomo: "...."
Sarah: "I'm not playing."
Noah: "Monkeys!"
Dave: "Zoo!"
Jeremy: "Horse!"
Lindsay: "Brego!"
Ben: "Nerds!"
Shlomo: "...what was the word?"
Sarah: "I told you, I'm not playing."
Noah: "Sex!"
Dave: "Cookies."
Jeremy: "Keebler Elves"
Lindsay: "Legolas!"
Ben: "Nerds!"

Etc, etc.

I'm not, however, going to mention that we finally coaxed Olivia into the Hot Tub. And I'm definitely not going to say that she didn't have a Bathing Suit. And I ESPECIALLY would never tell you that she chose to join us anyway in her Modest Slip.

Yep. My lips, they be sealed.

(TO BE CONTINUED...)

[ February 10, 2004, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Olivet
Member # 1104

It really was modest, I swear! And it was made of the usual swimsuit type material-- kind of a singlet undergarment I wore to avoid undie lines on my Arwen dress, as well as to minimize my ample bottom. I'm certain that my appearance was no cause for lust. I figger it was the opposite ("I thought she was cute until I saw THAT-- Oh my eyes!"). And I was covered from just below the collarbone to mid-thigh... I didn't even have any shorts or anything to else to use, and Judie and Katie both approved it before I went in public. [Blushing]

But I still regret it. [Blushing]

katharina
Member # 827

I missed the Gollum imitations! That sounds so fun. [Smile]

Where the heck was I?

Heh. You know what, I'll bet I was on Hatrack, reporting about the movie.

---

I love the recaps. There's a line from Silas Marner that I absolutely adore that goes something like the following: "He had an emotional memory unencumbered by details." The details of WenchCon are slipping, but I remember exactly what I felt.

So, the recaps are nice to resupply the details.

[ February 10, 2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Taalcon
Member # 839

Funny thing is, I found Silas Marner to be an immensely boringly written book with a really great story behind it. Then again, I was in 10th Grade when I read it...
katharina
Member # 827

I tried to read it when I was teenager, and I was miserable and bored. I don't think I even made it through. I read it again when I was 23, and it was a revelation. It's breathtaking.

It's just that the sorrow contained is of a ... non-dramatic variety, and back then, dramatic emotion was all that I knew. If you tried it again, I'll bet it's better. [Smile]

[ February 10, 2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

quote:

We soaked some more, discussed the difference between Geeks, Nerds & Dorks (firmly placing them into one of these categories - you guess which. And you'll probably guess incorectly too, unless you've been Properly Schooled),

Band Nerd.
Taalcon
Member # 839

Dancing Dork
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Star Wars Geek
Taalcon
Member # 839

...that's all I've got. I'm out.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I didn't even have any shorts or anything to else to use, and Judie and Katie both approved it before I went in public.

But I still regret it.

I still think you were just fine, Olivet. Nothing to regret. [Smile]

Dave, you forgot the word association that cracked me up the most:

"Bob!"
"Scopatz"
Ben: "Huh? I don't get it." [Razz]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
for the record, i was NOT involved in any discussion about hard drives, other than to say larry's a bastard. that was ken and josh and mark.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Becky is right, she did not talk with us about Hard drives, just about that bastard larry. It was Katharina who talked about hard drives, and that was at lunch.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
making sure dave doesnt think hes off the hook from posting this morning.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

CHAPTER XII: A Hatrack Pastime Is Born

So maybe Becky wasn't talking about hard drives. Either way, there was a conversation about hard drives, and Becky was directly between the two (or three) discussing them. So in a way , she was right in the midst of the conversation. From a certain point of view.

Anyway, we soon all left the Wonders of the Hot Tub, and went our separate ways. Some went to their rooms to change, some went to sleep, some went to check Hatrack. After a while, a few more congregated back downstairs, where a game of Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit was going to be played in the Meeting Room.

But before I could be yoinked into participating in what was sure to be a Grand Display of Geekyness, I saw Lindsay sitting on the couch in the Lobby listening to some music, and Ben was hovering over her.

I asked what was up, and before long Ben was propositioning us away from the Trivial Pursuit (with the "Nerds", as Ben inaccurately insisted on calling them) into playing a game of Scrabble - of which he had brought his own portable set.

So I agreed, as did Lindsay (still with headphones on, listening to Ben's music), and Russell eventually joined us as well.

The Match, and Hatrack History, had begun.

It being the Wee Hours of the Morning, we attempted to keep our voices down, so as the People In Charge wouldn't hate us - but some of us (Russell, and Lindsay talking with that 'headphones on so I must speak louder so I can hear my own words but I don't realize that I'm yelling' voice) couldn't manage that, so it was first recommended that we play the game in the Elevator. This was soon dismissed, because it was thought that the lights would eventually go out from inactivity.

After Scrabbling a bit more, and after getting even louder, and finishing the first game, we finally decided to up the festivities to the second floor, in the little area next to the Ice Machine. Sure, we may wake some guests, but at the management wouldn't know about it.

So we played - and as we played, we began to have an audience join us. Shlomo, Katie, and Noah both joined us for a while, and other came and went as well (prefiguring what would soon be the 'Watchers' in the Consonants Creek at games.com).

The game was intense. So intense, we decided to move yet again - this time back to the Conference Room (the Wench's LOTR Trivial Pursuit had long since ended). It was sometime in this game that Russel bowed out, and Shlomo took his place. Both, sadly to say, were killing our pasty white posteriers.

The game was so fierce and fun that it gave a lasting impression beyond WenchCon. A few days after we'd all returned home, Ben and I were talking in Hatrack Chat, and mentioned that we wanted to play Scrabble again - which sent Ben searching for a way to play online.

Which he found - we downloaded a two-player client called WordBiz and ended up playing NIGHTLY. This is one of the two main things I blame for my now insanely screwed up sleeping patterns (WenchCon in general I blame for the rest of it - which in a way, the Scrabble phenomenon was born out of. So it's blamed twice.)

After a while of talking about our games in Hatrack Chat, a few others now stated they wanted to play. So we searched for a multiplayer version - and found one at games.com - and THIS one was the OFFICIAL Scrabble version. And not only could 4 people play at once, but others could be in the room watching and ***honking at the players.

So if you've been in Hatrack chat at night lately...you know the rest. And now you know where the legend began.

But one of those First Visionary Games was still in progress...

It was around this time that someone noticed that more Alcohol had suddenly appeared - this time bottles of Beer.

For the record, I Had NOTHING to do with these, and am not really sure where they came from (Morbo?), but not too many people really cared. But this time I decidedly did not partake.

Lindsay and Russell, however, did. They each downed a couple of bottles.

Now keep this particular point in mind - it's important later on.

Trust me.

(TO BE CONTINUED . . .)

[ February 12, 2004, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] It is not important.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

This would be the "Katie is Sleeping" section of WenchCon. What was I thinking?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs to self about Ophelia's alcohol-induced happy place*
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i'ts hard not to appear to be looming over somebody one and a half feet tall.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard not to appear to be loomed over by someone ten feet tall. [Razz]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

CHAPTER XIII: What Nathan Is Really Like In Bed, Massage Therapy, and Dave Gets Aroused

Following the end of the Game, I decided that I needed to Get Some Sleep.

I was looking ahead to my return drive to Savannah that would be occurring Monday morning, and figured it would be in my best interests to get at least a little sleep the next couple nights so as to be fully recharged for the journey.

So I said my goodnights, and found my way back to my room. Noah was sending emails and posting onto Pweb and Hatrack on his Laptop, and Josh was at the other end of the table on his laptop working out the Code to fix a section of Pweb that's needed fixing for a good long time.

Hobbes was sleeping in the bed on the far side of the room, and on the floor was Nathan.

Allow me to degress for a moment.

Earlier in the day, I had returned to my room to get something - I don't particularly remember what it was. But I had entered to find Nathan all sprawled out on his air mattress, dead to the world -- or so I thought.

I must have mae a noise or something, and he immediately sprung up, and looked into my eyes, and spoke:

"Ehh...What...What did I do? What am I doing?"

I just stared at him. "I'm sorry?"

"What is this? What want you? Whaaa?"

the kid was sleeptalking. The moment briefly crossed my mind to take advantage of this situation in some insidious way - but The Better Good weighed out.

"Go back to sleep, Nate."

"Sowhaaaaa?", he asked, pleadingly.

I gestured with my hand towards the pillow.
"It's okay. Go back to sleep. forget you saw me."

He stared at me blankly another moment before collapsing back to the bed, snoring contentedly.

Freak.

Back to the present, which was hours later, and Nathan was STILL snoring. Although now 'contentedly' may not be nearly as acurate as 'boisterously'.

So I cleared off the one non-occupied bed, took off my glasses, dived under the covers, and tried to sleep.

And couldn't. Maybe it was because of the insessant clackity-clack of the dual computers (no). Maybe it was because of Nathan's snoring (bingo). Either way, I was not finding an easy path into slumberland.

After I made a small mention of the fact that Russell and Lindsay had choked back a couple cold ones, and that I had noticed that the former especially had started to become a little more 'happy' than usual, Noah then suddenly mentioned that he felt like going downstairs to visit with the crowd.

After a moment of realizing that sleep probably wasn't on the agenda for me, I figured screw it, grabbed my Pillow, and decided to join Noah on his way downstairs, tripping over Nathan as I made my way to the door.

Back in the meeting room, Ben, Lindsay and Russ were just lounging around, talking. I grabbed a couple padded chairs, pulled them together (much like I had for the TT:EE screening), tossed my pillow on the end, and just reclined, resting while listening to the others talk. During this time and the final Scrabble game earlier, we had also been listening to some of Ben's choice music. But now, Noah had some CDs he wanted us to listen to. Which we did.

Meanwhile, Ben kept getting himself cups of water from the water dispensor in the room, and when it had emptied -if I remember this correctly- he had kept leaving and going to the Bathroom to fill up cups from the sink.

I remember mentioning at one point that it might be simpler to just take the Dispenser in there and fill it up ONCE so he could keep using it, instead of making return trips. Eventually, he seemed to find the logic in this, and left to fill it up. Somewhere around here Noah also found the scene a little too boring for his tastes and went back upstairs.

These continued trips for Ben were also causing Lindsay much durress, because she had been using him as a headrest.

Now, I don't remember what actually led to it, but eventually I seem to remember Russ starting to give Lindsay a foot massage, which eventually led to a Back Massage - which Ben seemed to find disturbing upon his return with the filled up Water Cooler.

Not out of jealousy, mind you ( [Confused] )- but because just as Lindsay was using him for a head rest, he was using her as one as well. And now his headrest was gone.

Either way, he coped with it, and as the Massage continued, the talk also continued. In this case, the topic of the talk happened to be The History Of The Life Of Ben - which, contrary to popular belief, is actually quite fascinating, and will make an interesting read once he makes his eventual Landmark Thread. This is the point where I really began to warm to Ben, and realize that he Really Wasn't All That Bad, And May Actually Be A Pretty Cool Guy.

And that's also the point where I decided that now I REALLY needed to get to bed.

So I said my goodnights (again), grabbed my pillow, and made my way back up the elevator, through my room door, stepped over Nathan, and plopped down on the Bed.

Within minutes, I was out like a light. It was now nearly 8:30am.

Seemingly moments after I fell asleep, there was a pounding on our door. I awoke, but pulled the covers over my head even more than they were before.

Someone (Noah?) answered the Door, and was greated by two Wenches - Andrea and Katie - who proceeded to loudly proclaim that they had come to "Arouse us" to to bid us to come with them and "Play with swords".

Now realize that I had just been blasted awake here. Having the first thing I hear upon waking up being women discussing my Arousal wasn't something I was all that used to - which immediately made me rethink the situation.

Ah yes. Fencing was planned for this morning, and Arousal was also a term for 'awaking'. She ladies were being perversely clever. Ha diddly ha.

I wasn't going to be aroused to play with swords, I was going to sleep. So I continued to feign unconsciousness.

Eventually, I personally was being addressed, seeing I was the only one who hadn't responded to the Call for Arousal.

I stayed still.

Then the order was given to physically shake me awake. I think it was Katie who followed the order - the shaking was tentative and gentle, but I think then Andrea leaned closer and spoke again, "Good morning! We've come to Arouse you and bid you to come play with the swords!"

To which I finally decided then only way to Get Them To Go Away was to acknowledge their presence. But if I was going to do it, I may as well make a humerous impression.

So I opened up my eyes, and said, in reaction to one more call for arousal:

"Good morning INDEED!"

There was a moment of laughter, and then they quickly fled, perhaps thinking that they'd done too good of a job in their Call.

Sleep came to me once again, and I slept well in the thought that I could now tell people that two gorgeous women had come to my door, insistent in their attempts to arouse me.

Baby's don't sleep that good.

(TO BE CONTINUED . . .)

PS - Lindsay was right. The downage of alcohol didn't, in fact, play as important a part in this chapter as I had hinted it would. Aside form the fact that it made the Massages a little funnier (and possible) than they would be otherwise, it was mainly a cheap way to create a cliffhanger and to attract a broader Male demographic.

And I ain't apologizin', 'cause it worked with flying colors. So [Razz]

[ February 14, 2004, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

quote:
Someone (Noah?) answered the Door, and was greated by two Wenches - Andrea and Katie - who proceeded to loudly proclaim that they had come to "Arouse us" to to bid us to come with them and "Play with swords".
Actually, I was fast asleep, and had no idea who opened the door. All I remember was Andrea waking me up by pouncing on top of me and telling me something about getting up to go fencing. Somehow, despite being delirious, I managed to explain that having had one hour of sleep that night I wasn't going to go, and she finally accepted.

I must say though, no female has ever pounced on top of me in bed like that before. Well, I guess it really wasn't in bed. I was sprawled on top of a chair and footstool.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.