FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » hello (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: hello
thrak
Member # 5499

- posted      Profile for thrak   Email thrak         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. Long time lurker. Just wanted to say hi to all the nice folks. I hope to have nice conversations with you all.

-T

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I hope we can play a few more hands of poker some time [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Anytime Bok. I am playing in the no-limit tourney at 8pm EST.
Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack. [Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Thanks Derrell! [Smile]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Thrak, welcome, it's good to see you! [Wave]

I'm Raia. Fairly self explanatory. I hope we can be friends. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Thanks Raia. I am sure we will be. [Cool]
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey welcome!

[Wave]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Thanks Dragon.
thrak
Member # 5499

Anyone else snowed in tonight?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been stuck in the house all day.
Not snow, just enough sleet to make the roads a mess.

Welcome to hatrack, thrak! [Wave]
(edit: hey, that rhymed! [Smile] )

[ January 26, 2004, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Sleet now on top of snow from yesterday. The roads are nasty here.
thrak
Member # 5499

Poetry already? Coolness. [Cool]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
dude, coolness is my word. [Razz]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Any suggestions to pass the time tonight? Movie suggestions?
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, thrak! What made you decide to make the leap from lurker to poster? Tell us all about yourself. If you've been lurking you already know all about us so it's only fair. [Smile]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Awesome! I look forward to our upcoming friendship! [Monkeys]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Fair enough Aka.

I am a computer programmer from Raleigh NC. I used to work on games, but moved to a more secure position. I have been reading OSC since he taught at App State in the 80's. I am a big fan of Philip K Dick and if anyone can guess the origin of my handle, they could guess my favorite band.

I also grew up in the mountains and hope to move back someday. I dig Bluegrass and Punk (Is that strange?).

I know. Information overload.

I will be quiet for a bit now.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

If you're bored, you could watch Pirates of the Caribbean.
*is watching it right now*

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Or, you could've hung out in the last post thread, but it's gone now. [Frown]
Raia
Member # 4700

Yeah, where did it go?
thrak
Member # 5499

Pirates is a good suggestion. I am also considering some movies like Fargo or The Shining for the snowed in feeling.
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am a computer programmer from Raleigh NC.
Are you hiring?
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Last post thread got deleted. [Frown]
But I had the last post this afternoon! [Big Grin]

thrak
Member # 5499

I wish things were good enough to be hiring Richard. As soon as things turn around, I will let you know.
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss the last post thread, nothing makes sense anymore [Angst]
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

It's like a central part of hatrack is just gone. [Frown]
Raia
Member # 4700

Wow, guys, let go, it's ok! *pat pat*

Congrats, Eru, on having the last post...

FARGO! YES!

I just saw "Down With Love" again, I love that movie!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome thrack
This is Hatrack
If you ever try to leave
We know you'll just come back.

We all do.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Has anyone seen All the Real Girls ? It was filmed in the mountains of NC. Perhaps I will watch that...
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I'm waiting to see how long it will be before there is a new last post thread... [Wink]
thrak
Member # 5499

Thanks for another poem, Bob.

I haven't seen Down with Love. That's the one with Ewen, right?

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Ewan McGreggor and Renee Zellweger.
I haven't seen it, but I want to.
*sigh* He's so hot. [Wink]

thrak
Member # 5499

Renee ain't bad either. [Eek!]
Raia
Member # 4700

*swoons* Ewan: [Kiss]

Yes, it is great. I like it. Nobody else does, but I do. [Razz]

thrak
Member # 5499

I jest saw Big Fish and I thought Ewen was great... still I would prefer Renee even it was from Cold Mountain (wish she was awesome in). [Blushing]
Raia
Member # 4700

I WANNA SEE "BIG FISH" SO BADLY!!! *pouts*
thrak
Member # 5499

Raia, it is great movie. I am glad I saw it alone though. It is tough for me to see a movie about a son and his father without getting emotional. [Cry]
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree -- I'm no softie, but something about the "passing on of generations" theme gets me every time. The metaphor used is especially well filmed here.

Thrak, I'm just putting out feelers like any other local senior, so thanks for whatever info you have. Feel free to contribute to my beverage fund by participating on Party Poker, of course [Smile]

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Awwww, thrak, I can imagine!!

But I have a huge group of friends who all want to go see it, so I might have to put up with them while I let my emotions wild. [Wink]

I've heard amazing things about it, though!

thrak
Member # 5499

Anytime Richard. If you are local to the triangle, perhaps we can get a table together some night.
thrak
Member # 5499

Raia, I am sure you will love it with your friends. I think that Richard explained my situation well... [Big Grin]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

[Hat]
Raia
Member # 4700

I gotcha thrak, thanks. [Smile]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
You DO have a welcome thread! Welcome! Where did you find the Tron game? '84? '85? It's sooo hard to remember those days . . . like anyone would want to . . . except for Wayne's World, of course - kind of like what Grease did for my mom's generation, I suppose . . .

*ends rambling*

Just remember what Bob said - now that you're here - you'll never go. They might even offer to pay to make you stay. [Wink]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
*also a long time lurker*

And if school gets cancelled tomorrow (today?), I may get to do even more lurking.

*lurks*
*shifty eyes*

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, and welcome to Hatrack. I lurked for a while too, but before I registered. I don't remember how long, and at the time, I just wanted to hear people's opinions on things; I didn't care what their names were. Now I wish I would have paid more attention, as figuring who's who would be a lot easier now.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Shan, the Tron game is currently in storage, but I hope to find room for it in my house soon. Tron was the inspiration for me to become a programmer, so it holds a special place in my heart. [Big Grin]

Da Goat, I know what you mean. Now I am trying to remember what I read from whom. Tough job.

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Hat]

GL in the tourneys! Hopefully I will be able to join you and Bok soon over the weekend. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.