FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » hello (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: hello
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
So, thrak, you are named after a King Crimson Album/Song, yes? [Cool]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

- posted      Profile for thrak   Email thrak         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Eslaine you are correct. Few get that connection.

[Hail]

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Hullo thrak!

[Wave]

I hope you get to meet some jatraqueros someday soon. They're just as cool in real life! (so far as I know [Smile] )

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Hey Jexx. [Wave]

It would be awsome to meet some jatraqueros in person. If only I could be so lucky.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome here !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Thank you Anna.
eslaine
Member # 5433

<--Saw King Crimson twice. Saw the first "Bears" show, Adrian Belew's solo effort band.

You have excellent taste. Maybe I should register "Matte Kudesai" as an SN!

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

Eslaine, I have a Bears CD, but I haven't had the chance to catch them live. I have traveled to Nashville/Chicago and West Palm Fla to see KC until they finally played in NC for the first time in over 30 years. Seeing Crimso play at the Orange Peel in Asheville was a dream come true. Great venue.
eslaine
Member # 5433

Fun! They are amazing to see perform, going from a complete improv into a tight off-time song, and back. They've done things live that no one else I've seen have done.

Do you visit Discipline Global Mobile?

thrak
Member # 5499

Yes, I am been on the DGM web. I must admit that when it comes to King Crimson, I can be a bit of a geek. Is that allowed around here?

I would have loved to have seen them back in the 70's Lark's era. At least many of those shows are available on CD. [Smile]

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can be a bit of a geek. Is that allowed around here?

*nearly pees self laughing*

Yes, dear. *pat*pat* That is completely allowed.

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

Liking KC and DGM has little to do with biting the heads off of chickens.

Doesn't it? [Dont Know]

thrak
Member # 5499

Nerd then? [Razz]
eslaine
Member # 5433

Hey, I'm Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With.

Most won't get that. [Wink]

thrak
Member # 5499

Only if the keep their Eyes Wide Open. [Cool]
eslaine
Member # 5433

Lets not get into these Dangerous Curves.
thrak
Member # 5499

Eslaine, so when did you see KC?

I have seen only seen them in the Double Duo configuration (2001-2003).

eslaine
Member # 5433

I do date myself.

1984, Greek Theater, Berkeley, CA

[ January 27, 2004, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

thrak
Member # 5499

Doesn't date you.. just says that you had better taste than me during the eighties. At that time, the concerts I was attending were Huey Lewis, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seger, 38 Special, and Eddie Money.

I love the Discipline era Crimso. Thela Hun Ginjeet is my favorite tune. I was so glad when they played that in Nashville the first time I saw them.

eslaine
Member # 5433

"...'n he was holding a gun against me...."

Actually, my interest in KC started in the 80's incarnation. I had been following Fripp's solo career, and in the vinyl on Exposure is etched "The next step is discipline".

Once I bought Discipline, I was hooked by polyrythym and tight progressions. I have always liked strange time signatures. I was amazed when he brought Adrian Belew with him. Belew had been brought in as a hired gun on both Bowie's Heroes tour and with Talking Heads.

To watch the two duel on stage is amazing. They feed on each other, often taking turns on the rythym, while the other pulled an amazing, completely unheard-of-before solo off.

They are/were/will be awesome. What a great SN you've chosen.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.