FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » just another one of those Darn Kids

Author Topic: just another one of those Darn Kids
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm slowly but surely realizing how non-conservative I really am. Sure, I think drugs and excessive body piercings are kinda pointless, but thats just because I wouldn't do it myself. I still sometimes find myself looking at some of these heavily mutilated people and thinking, Wow, thats cool. (not the drugs, I will never think anything possitive about any non-sober state of being) Maybe thats just because I'm 21 now, and its just part of my generation. Sometimes though, I just can't help but cringe when I hear come conservative bashing something that I really didn't think was a big deal. This whole thought just came to me a few minutes ago when I was reading OSC reviews everything. I read about the halftime show and the sexual content in commercials and thought, Big Deal, Who Cares. Of course, I don't have a family to care for, but I couldn't see myself getting upset about it even then. Have I grown so de-sensatized to it that I'm really not aware of how bad it is? I just can't convince myself to care. For instance, I don't see the big obsession with covering breasts (don't just discard this comment because of my age, I'm not so immature as to let my hormones control me) after all, breasts are NOT a sex organ. If breast feeding in public can be tolerated, then whats the big deal? Thats what they're for. Men don't have to cover THIER breasts. Granted, I think that the sex appeal thing is getting out of hand, but thats just because people make such a big deal about it. If people didn't give it so much undo attention, then it wouldn't be exercised so much. I guess I'm just stuck in the middle. I'm not conservative, but I'm certainly not liberal, of course, now I think about it, that fits me perfectly. I can't stand the extremes in anything.
Well, I don't know when I'll be back next. I'll try to make it back by tommorow to respond to any comments, but my internet access is limited. Discuss amongst yourselves if you'd like.

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. I'm quite liberal. Maybe not as liberal as they come, but certainly rather-so. I'm not quite sure where this came from, since my parents are very conservative, and my pre-college schooling was always at conservative schools.

I suppose you might blame Brown, where I attended undergrad. But maybe I just came to it on my own, through personal experience and research.

I find that many purveyors of social morality are very negative people. You can almost see their eyebrows furrow, their arms cross over their chest as they maintain their agenda. Anger, hate, condescension, self-righteousness. Oh sure, there are liberals who do the hate thing. I don't like them, either. But I've never seen a liberal quite this bad.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm...worms....*droooool*

[Razz] [ROFL]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Shh.

*puts worms back in can*

I didn't say anything. I'm a good, moral citizens of Christ.

there? [Wink]

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Anyhow, all those upstanding moral folk have significant others to spend their time with today.

Only us bastions of liberal'ness are left over.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's true.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
No it isn't, Storm.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Suneun, congratulations. Your link introduced me to a new Access Denied category: Hate Speech. Neat.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

fiazko, impressive.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.