FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Catfight thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Catfight thread
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Please argue here, because I'm tired of off-topic bickering disturbing discussions. Feel free to copy relevant portions from other threads, and have at it.

Geez people! I get enough of this in RL ("Liam touched me!" "Did NOT" "Make him stop!" *wavesd hands close to sibling* "I'm not touching youuuuu...")

*bangs head on desk*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
MEOWRRR!

*bares claws*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
beep beep beep

<backs up dump truck to fill up the mud pit>

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Member # 6083

- posted      Profile for Alice   Email Alice         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, I love kitties!

::Offers Jenny Gardener a treat::

Here, kitty, kitty. Alice has some more where that came from.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
*Tosses catnip into thread*

*Runs away*

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Me-ow, baby.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug* Sorry, Livvy.

I'll admit the request for compliments was a little snarky. I was feeling attacked, and it was something I both felt like I needed, and knew it would bug the crap out of her without actually being insulting.

No catfights. Or kat-fights. Or fights at all. *pouts* I even conceded a point in that thread. Is that why? It looked like weakness?

Anyway, it's okay. [Smile] Thank you.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Member # 6083

Wanna sit in my lap? I bet I can make you purr.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope to heaven that was directed to Stormy.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan touched me!

Make him stop!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Member # 6083

[Embarrassed]

Of course, of course.

Olivet
Member # 1104

[Group Hug]

I love Hatrack. Or Catrack. [Wink]

MeeeeOwww

*winds around people's legs*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
<unloads dump truck on Bob>
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
<----- baffled!

So, wait, you're apologizing to Olivia? Excuse me? Two people have said that your apparent lack of respect towards them is bothersome, and not only do you not have a word of apology, you insult them.... but Olivia gets an apology? I guess it's clear that your ability to be polite is on a per-person basis.

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I am spoiling for some fun tonight.

*rakes claws against anyone who thinks she's a sweet kitty*

*twitches tail, mrowrs, and rolls on ground*

*takes Catnip, gets high, and starts batting at fairies*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Member # 6083

Ouch!
Alice
Member # 6083

quote:
Just to get things straight, kat has, in fact, NOT apologized at all. She has dismissed both Sun and I, and implied that we are both ridiculous for caring, but she has not apologized. To the contrary, I find each one of her last few posts on this thread to be highly condescending.
Just to note that Suneun appears to have stopped fighting this particular fight on that thread (meaning, her last posts are on topic and part of continuing the conversation therein). I find her approach rather mature.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Really not wanting to get involved here, but, against my better judgment:

Kat was not the first one to be condescending with regards to the name issue.

Dagonee
*Ducks back behind his rock.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
/me = BIG DOG.

Bring it, kitties.

Woof. Woof.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

- posted      Profile for Hot Nathan           Edit/Delete Post 
Forget the rock. I've tried that before. Just... run. Run now. Run far, far away and...

...leave me here...

...with da' ladies.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

Actually, Dag, she was. She's since gone back and edited it, though.

Plenty of people, kat included, seem to think that kat is a sweet, innocent angel without an unkind word for anyone. However, having seen countless instances of her passive-aggressive insults and a general disrespect for those who don't share her views, I'm not inclined to share in this belief.

*shrug*

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

*Jumps on Scott R's head, scratching and yowling*
Alice
Member # 6083

What sort of cat are you? [Cool]
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Hel-lo?!? Flirting reciprocated!?! OMG! Welcome to Hatrack, Alice!

[Hail] [Hail] [Hail]

[ February 20, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ayelar, I don't mean to take kat's side as I kind of missed the whole mispelling bit. I know kat can get a little tunnel-visioned at times in her style, even when one agrees with her substance. But I thought there was a thread a long time about about screen ID's and you said yours stood for A L R. Now you weren't inviting people to use it, of course, but I'm a little puzzled that it offends you.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
How many more guys do I have to flirt with to get a bowing purple guy?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

pooka, as with any other all-caps word, I find it jarring to see it spelled that way. But, more to the point, I mentioned my preference to both her and John a while back. John stopped. kat still does it, though she spells my name the way I prefer it in the threads where she isn't trying to "bug the crap" out of me.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Oy. Does ANYBODY remember when Kat and I had our flame war? We were entirely horrible to each other, though I was too emotional at the time to have stored the specifics of what I said, as I was coming from a place of almost pure emotion. I do know that she infuriated me, and I did my best to hurt her. *ashamed* We both tried to hurt each other, and ended up hurting ourselves in the process.

It is nothing short of miraculous that we're friends now. I get the giggles just thinking about it. It's ridiculous, in a way. I think it started as a tentative, 'get to know your enemy ' sort of thing. I think we have begun to annoy each other less since we accepted that our basic personality traits are fairly similar (the things about each of us that we like the least in ourselves).

I only wish that all Hatrack Catfights (or Flame Wars, for you manly types) could yield such strange and wonderful friendships.

I didn't start this thread to fight her battles, or defend her, though. What's between you guys is not really my business.

*punces on Jenny Gardener's tail*

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Come to the Pet Me thread, Livvy! We can play better over there.
pooka
Member # 5003

PSI, you can click on it down at the bottom [Razz] Limit 8 per post.

Thanks for the clarification, Ayelar. I hope all lowercase isn't equally annoying. I don't like it for when people are trying to be e. e. cummings, but I know sometimes folks type while eating or whatever.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

You got something against e.e.cummings? [Mad]
Olivet
Member # 1104

[Evil Laugh]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

See what you started, Olivia? Now even -I- am riled up! [Mad]
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Less talking, more mud-wrestling.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*shoves saxon into mud-pit*

*leaves thread, very quickly*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

FFFsssssstttt!

*scratches*

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ayelar,

This is the first reference I saw to handle-spelling in the thread. It sounds condescending to me.

quote:
Good Lord, Kat. Would it take more than a moment to actually figure out how to spell my handle correctly and do it?
Dagonee
*Whose handle gets misspelled surprisingly often.

[ February 20, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Handle-spelling sounds naughty to me! [Evil]
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Speaking of that, whatever happened to Jaguarero Cordatae or whatever his name was? You know, the little Mormon Brazilian boy that used to hang out on Hatrack?
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How many more guys do I have to flirt with to get a bowing purple guy?
Here PSI, your very own bowing purple guy [ [Hail] ] (the box seels in the freshness), now you can flirt solely for the fun of it.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

You mean Jacare Sorridente? I hope the Crocodile Hunter didn't get him! I like that Jatraquero!
pooka
Member # 5003

Dagonee, a bunch of stuff was edited. dude, I called you dag and then I put three e's on the end of your name. I guess I've got a passive agressive thing going as well. [Monkeys]
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the catfight thread, right? There's no obligation to be nice?

Hey, PSI. I think you're a misogynistic ba....(I won't say it cause I like the Cards) and I feel sorry for your daughter.

[Mad]

*tries to calm down*

[Cry]

I need a hug.

Edit: cause PSI might not have a girlfriend, but she might have a daughter.

[ February 20, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Kasie H ]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Member # 6083

Isn't PSI a woman?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Here, take some claws and hiss. Like this:

FFFsssttt! FFFsssTTT!

It'll make you feel so much better!

Make sure to scratch someone's best piece of furniture, too.

You could try peeing on the rug, but that usually gets you booted out of the house.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
She is, and she has kids, too.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
She is a woman.

And I think you're overreacting because this strikes a personal nerve.

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

[Frown]
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

Icarus -- that's what catfights are all about, aren't they?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I find striking other people's nerves helps win fights, yes. Nothing like pressure points.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.