FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Catfight thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Catfight thread
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...did I miss something?

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings Kasie...can you link me to what I said?

Oh and [Kiss] Marek! Bowing guy in a box!

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
What, overreacting, or being between two women?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
GAH. Fast moving thread.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
PSI,

It's in the MAP thread.

*sigh*

I hate making people angry, and I'm sorry....but yeah, it did strike a personal nerve. Yeah, I overreacted.

Ask me again tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be back to my normal, clawless self.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but will you be staticky? I hate it when I go to pet my kitty and get zapped by random electricity. [Razz]
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

[Big Grin]

Jenny made me laugh.... [Smile]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Kasie:

Go to the MAP thread and find my apology.

(((Kasie)))

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

PSI -- thanks.

(((PSI)))

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kat was not the first one to be condescending with regards to the name issue.

You're going to have to take my word for it, but I've never misspelled someone's name on purpose. The only time I changed someone's name on purpose to try and annoy them was saxon75! Added: And that was trying to be funny. [Frown]

I'm just a very, very bad speller. *sigh* And that time I was even trying. I was proud for remembering the N went at the end.

Ayelar, I have no memory of you expressing displeasure over being called the initials that your username comes from. As I KNOW I can spell that, and it's shorter, that's what I used when I wrote in a hurry. *raises palms in air* I've edited stuff in that thread, but only to add. I haven't edited the spelling of anyone's name.

This is so wildly out of nowhere I'm trying to figure what the heck is going on. I mean, it CAN'T be the name thing. People misspell my name ALL THE TIME and it bugs me, but not this much. Something has inspired an attempt at character assasination. What's going on?

[ February 20, 2004, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
How did you misspell my name in the instance you're talking about? I don't remember. I hope it was more clever than suxon75, though.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

It was saxon74. I was going for Funny.

You said something that guy being a poor man's 75. It was very funny.

[ February 20, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you called me poo once. Which really is offensive. Someone did.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I did? A scatalogical term? Not a chance.

But I think you're right. I remember reading that once, but I don't remember who it was.

[ February 20, 2004, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
As questionable as it may sound, some people use "poo" as an endearment, I imagine it's derived from "boo" [Dont Know] A former co-worker used to call me that all the time and after the first couple of "what did she just call me" reactions, I was fine with it. But I definitely understand people not liking it and I would never call anyone that.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Wow are we all just really, really TRYING to get offended around here? Me too. I mean everyone's all crappy today.

Someone should just call me PIS and get it over with.

Oh and, I really like (edit to add: the name, so it wouldn't end up in OOC) poo.

Unless a person who was being mean said it. Then not so much.

[ February 20, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

katharina
Member # 827

[Frown]
katharina
Member # 827

Olivet, check your mail.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
would it be Pooh? as in Winnie the Pooh?

Katharina, I guess one of the reasons why mispelling a name after someone specifies that they are sensitive on the issue bothers me is because it APPEARS inconsiderate, even if it really isn't. To me this is extremely inconsistent (I won't go as far as saying hypcritical) with your testimony as someone of the LDS faith. This is simply someone from the outside looking in, but I've come to expect a higher standard of behavior from LDS people after partipating in this forum.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Didn't she say it was an accident?

Am I missing something?

<--is serious

katharina
Member # 827

[Frown] I'm really, really not trying to spell someone's name wrong. I knew Ayelar got her name from her initials, that's easier to write, and I missed her saying she didn't like being called that. I was really, really trying to spell Suneun's name right. I was so careful about the N at the end I missed the middle. I don't want to be in a catfight. I'm not sure how I ended up in one, although I do apologize about the demand for a compliment. Poor impulse control, and part of my brain (the evil part) thought it would be funny.
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat: Thank you.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe you that it is an accident. The thing is it happens repeatedly.

I was just trying to explain the reason why it bothers me. I mean, if it was someone you were inviting to church, wouldn't you bend over backward to get the name right? But it seems (note the seems, I'm not saying it is your intent) that you won't extend the courtesy to someone who disagrees with you. This is why I see them getting upset.

Apparently my screen name is easy to remember, which I find horribly funny because it is a derivative of my real name which always gets screwed up in real life.

AJ
[Group Hug] Kat [Group Hug] Suneun [Group Hug] Ayelar [Group Hug]

[ February 20, 2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Sun: [Group Hug] Thank you. [Smile]

Banna: Have I ever told you the story about the time I saw someone on campus, invited him to come to church, and it turned out he lived on the other side of town, was taught by the other missionaries, and was getting baptized next week after we'd invited him to church the month before?

Guy: "I already go. Don't you remember me?"
Me: "Um...."
Guy: "It's Alex. You invited me last month - I'm getting baptized on Saturday?"

<oops>

Edit: Added the dialogue.

[ February 20, 2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Apparently my screen name is easy to remember
Actually, I was mentally adding an "a" between the "n"s until about a month ago.

I thought you really like fruit or something...

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Oy. I mess up people's screennames all the time. Misspell them or abbreviate them. I don't mean to be rude. Just lazy. I type slow and I USUALLY don't have much time to hang on Hatrack. (been under the weather today).
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Juliette calls me Mr. Poopy sometimes. It's adorable.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, nothing ends a fight like sinking your teeth into your opponents throat, and shaking them like a polaroid picture.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
And nothing says I Love You like a few bills tucked into the waistband.
Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Scott, did you know that shaking a polaroid picture could actually ruin it? I learned that from Outkast too. [Wink]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are there HUGS in this thread? GAK! This is a CATFIGHT thread. I want to see blood and fur flying. Keep your hugs confined to sweeter threads.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really getting sick and tired of my deep posts being ignored--that damn essay has answered so many of the questions put up in the homosexuality threads but most seem content to either ignore it or not read it at all or pretend it didn't exist.

[Mad]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, Mackillian.

Once I posted an important resource link, only to have no one (on the opposing side) address it for four pages, even though it very-much had to do with the subject matter at hand.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I think you called me poo once. Which really is offensive. Someone did.

I have to say that I think a nickname of 'poo' would be really amusing as long as I was the one who didn't have that nickname. [Smile] [Razz]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

You know what, no one gets to complain about their posts getting ignored, especially about the homosexuality issue. It seems to be the way of things here at Hatrack, on both sides.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Screw you, telling me that I can't complain. My posts and Suneun's and Bob's have addressed many of the issues brought up and have gone largely either ignored or unacknowledged by the anti-gay-marriage crowd.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I needed a smiley there, I was kidding about being offended. Though this ID was chosen during a member number race (which I obviously lost), so not deeply thought out.

My mother in law, however, was not allowed to read or talk about Winnie the Pooh growing up. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Which essay, mack? I kind of had my fill of arguing last night or I'd just check Hobbes thread or the Rejoice in love thread.

Edit: I was writing this while you two posted, now I sound like Counselor Troi or something.

[ February 21, 2004, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Pleeeeease, let me use 'poo' as an affectionate term for you. It would be so cool.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Screw you, telling me that I can't complain. My posts and Suneun's and Bob's have addressed many of the issues brought up and have gone largely either ignored or unacknowledged by the anti-gay-marriage crowd.
Screw you right back. I can say the same thing about my posts on the subject. So can a lot of other people.

Dagonee

katharina
Member # 827

I rarely read essays that are linked. When on Hatrack, I want to know what other Hatrackers think, so unless it's a summary of a study and I want to corroborate the poster's interpretation, I almost never follow links. If it has a cogent argument, then the poster can summarize it.

I also don't expect people to follow any links I post, although I rarely do it unless someone asks for an official interpretation of something.

mackillian
Member # 586

It wasn't a link.
katharina
Member # 827

I don't think I was on the thread you were on.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.