FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How's your eyesight? Find the subliminable message!

Author Topic: How's your eyesight? Find the subliminable message!
HonoreDB
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for HonoreDB   Email HonoreDB         Edit/Delete Post 
Here
Posts: 535 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Zuh?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was going to be one of those scare pages [Smile]
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it. [Frown]
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't quite get that one. Ah, it'll probably hit me right as I'm about to go to sleep.

Anyway, here's another one. See if you can figure this one out.

http://shoebucket.dhs.org/advertisement.html

[Big Grin]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

This is one of those instances where I don't know whether or not to be offended. Of course I didn't even consider being offended for the twenty minutes I spent laughing my head off.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
That took me a ridiculous amount of time to figure out. And then I wish I hadn't. [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I may have gotten it, but the risk of missing out on a belly laugh is too sad. What exactly is the hidden message?
Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HonoreDB
Member # 1214

Snerk.

Hint: tInterpolate what the picture would look like were the person not present.

Posts: 535 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
cool
someone else that says snerk
didn't i invent that word?

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*total and utter blank look* I think I'll blame my blonde hair because I just can't get it...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
(snorts)

It's, well... silly.

The first one is light-hearted silly, and the second one is... dirty-mind silly.

does that help?

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

Ohhh....

I get it! [Smile]

(the blonde leading the blonde?)

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see, its a lubricating gel . . .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HonoreDB
Member # 1214

I'm pretty sure I picked up "snerk" at
Television Without Pity.

www.snerk.org defines it as a half smile, half smirk. That works for me in terms of meaning, but the etymology doesn't quite work.

Sachiko
Member # 6139

Dangit!

I showed the picture to my husband and he glanced at it and immedietly got it.

I'm having mixed feelings about that. [Angst]

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
well...the first one I'm still too blonde to get...and the second one I don't think I want to get...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

I get the second one.

I can't figure out if part of the joke of the first one is that there are two links to two different topics. Either way, I don't get it.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I get the second one. It is funnier if you figure it out yourself!

The first one is an outhouse strip half the time and an eyetest strip the other half. Which one was s'posed to be subtle?

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

If you click the 'h' or last 'e', it's the outhouse one. If you click the 'er', it's the eye test one. I noticed that the eye test one has "G Bush" on the last line, but, if that is the joke, I don't get the punchline.
NicoleValentine
Member # 6206

- posted      Profile for NicoleValentine   Email NicoleValentine         Edit/Delete Post 
I get the second one... LOL
I can't figure out the first one, except the G BUSH

Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HonoreDB
Member # 1214

Both strips have subliminal messages that are irrelevant to the surface joke. The presence of GBUSH on the eye exam is something I spotted in the paper, and it made me think of the "subliminable" flap from 2000. The message in the other strip is more woven throughout, and the creator denies it's even there as it's politically incorrect.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a secret message, but maybe a hidden meaning in this Dilbert comic
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Look again: E PTL ZOLA GBUSH
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
As for the other joke, there is definitely a very strong&wry visual pun on the nature of Creation vs our World. As the creator truthfully pointed out, it ain't the "subliminal" smear that some whacko inkbloted out of his own perverted imagination, then argued some dubious connections to convince a few others to "see" the same. Some people are so gullible...

Think about what one wouldn't see inside the outhouse at night. Then about what one would see looking at the closed door from inside. Then relate that to the actions and words of the character.

[ February 21, 2004, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.