FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » **wipes tear** (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: **wipes tear**
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to 39. I want this on my tombstone.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the first to make it to 40?

It looks pretty duanting. The bugs MOVE!

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

On the up side, I now know how to take screen shots.

On the down side, to learn that, I had to go to a website that my roommate AIMed me.

Now, I need to know--is there a setting in AIM that makes it so a link opens into a new window rather than the one you were previously using to blow up warthogs? [Mad]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Holy crap, they do move on level 40. I think I'm slowly being mesmerized.

Must... Kill... Martha... Stewart...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

HA! I BEAT THE GAME!

My computer keeps asking me "You all right?"

quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!

[picture of a boxy green stormtrooper shaking hands with a bandaged alien]

You have successfully
popped the engineers
on all our levels.

Credits & Stats

Life is good. I'm better than Frisco. We always knew that, but at least we now have verification of it.
Frisco
Member # 3765

Sure, fail to mention who got there first and IMed you the solution.
Lalo
Member # 3772

Whoa... I launched my Warthog anyway, after it was finished. I have no idea what I hit, or if I hit anything at all, but then I got an indicator telling me to move on the next level.

Now there are multi-colored, tiny rings of aliens... They're all contracting around the center.

I not only beat the game before Frisco, I discovered secret levels. GOD I'm good.

Lalo
Member # 3772

Pff. You got to level 40 first, true, but the solution you IMed me to solve 39 didn't work.

Sigh... All the little people I stepped on to get here are trying to rebel. Silly serf, success is for me.

Lalo
Member # 3772

Actually, I need to give props to Eddie. I've had this window open for off-and-on, spur-of-the-moment playing for the past three days. Eddie got to level 40 in as many minutes, and probably would have beaten the game before I did had AIM not destroyed his game. Also, the formula he gave me for level 39 wasn't entirely off from what I came up with myself, and I was no doubt largely inspired by his recommendation for 90% power.

Not that I'm not his superior in every way possible, but in this case, at least, Eddie went far faster (and would have gone far further) than I did. I don't keep him around for only his entertainment value. It's also that big sexy butt of his. And his big sexy brain. And his big sexy brain.

Frisco
Member # 3765

Okay, the bar was closed, so I came back and beat it.

But what the heck is going on in that "secret" level? It's mesmerizing, but I can't get any fewer then 5 aliens.

[edit: In another display of my ultra-coolness, Homestar makes an appearance as the wallpaper of my second monitor. [Razz] ]

[ March 01, 2004, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Lalo
Member # 3772

I got it down to four, I believe. But dammit, I can't beat it.
Lalo
Member # 3772

The key, I think, is to concentrate on a round path. While you'll get greater efficiency if you bomb the crap out of the center while its contracted, you'll end up neglecting at least one important outer section. When I get back tomorrow, I'll try to get it when the circles are fully extended.
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you guys are ready. The aliens can come now and draft you to fight in their war to save the galaxy. Or conquer it. (Depends on your point of view.)
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.collegemix.com/content.php?q=2&id=592

37 seconds.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
181 seconds, and I'm not trying again. That game will drive me mad. [Mad]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

I scored 78 on my first try, and I don't intend a second. For some bizarre reason, I get horribly confused as to which side I'm putting red and blue on...
Frisco
Member # 3765

25. I quit.

After a few games, I started talking to the dots like they had personalities.

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Today's Obscure game that's guaranteed to drive you absolutely nuts...

http://www.hampusgard.se/AlphaGame_1.aspx

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I know 'A' and 'Z', I think that's it.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Good stumper. I got 10 before giving up.

This is the same reason I suck at 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

I need to get more use out of my Blockbuster card.

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I got six right out of about 10 guesses. That actually surprises me.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I got 20 of them...

The ones that have me stumped are C S J U Yand X.

[ March 05, 2004, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I suddenly feel pathetic.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

I got nine, and G and H are KILLING me. I KNOW them, I just can't place them.

I'm also curious as to what the hell L is.

Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I could tell you...but where's the fun in that?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I found 13. H is also really bugging me.

I got L, having watched that movie a couple of weeks ago.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got C, I, K, L, M, R, T, and Z. I'm sure they should all be obvious, but the ones I hate myself the most for not knowing are H, Q, and B.

[ March 05, 2004, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Part IV is now up. It's short, but it continues the great Mario saga.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a preview of part V:

http://www.newgrounds.com/ngmag/alphas/alpha/449

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.