FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christy doesn't have to STAY OUT. Gift presented at BobNDanaCon (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Christy doesn't have to STAY OUT. Gift presented at BobNDanaCon
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
?What happened?

Bumping again for more people to see. Guys you can buy ribbon too... this isn't a difficult project.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I send in more than one ribbon? It occurs to me that my kids might enjoy decorating ribbons (with assistance and supervision), if that would be ok?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

sure, I don't know that we are going to get enough for all the kite tails anyway.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Cool. A project to work on with the kids, and it's for "some of those people Mommy talks to on the computer." [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, I just saw the pictures of you from the last get together. I can't wait to meet you -- you look like a friend. [Smile]

(I'm glad you talk to people on the computer. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Smile] I can't wait to meet you either, CT. And my eldest -- who is rather skeptical about these people I talk to so much (even the ones she's met [Big Grin] ) -- is very excited about the idea of decorating ribbons for a baby quilt. [Cool]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
First ribbon has arrived. All the way from Poland, thank you Kama.

Everyone else . . .

::taps foot::

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Have ribbons -- two kinds, even. Lacking TIME!

We'll try to get to it soon.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I never saw this thread. If I get ribbon and finish it this weekend and mail it on Monday, is there still time to get one to you?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*sheepish*

I forgot all about it. I put it in my day planner to follow up on this weekend. I promise.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
How soon do you need them, Banna? And what's your address?
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Yes, there's still time.

Mail ribbons to PO Box 472, Radcliffe, IA 50230.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

hee hee. I was going to bump this thread today. dkw we need to go fabric shopping. I'm free this weekend but I know it is Easter.

AJ

KarlEd
Member # 571

[Cry] Wah!!!!! [Cry]

I bought some great ribbon and a sharpie, but my ribbon is satiny and the sharpie bleeds terribly.

But I really like the ribbon. Can I send you the ribbon and have you put my name on a kite?

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

How narrow pointed is your sharpie?
If you are having bleeding issues, you need to probably use the ultra fine tip that is like a felt tip pen, rather than one of the normal fatter tips. The other option is to get a brand new normal one (with a very pointy tip) and write very very lightly.

If you wish to remove the sharpie get acetone, which is commonly purchasable in the form of nail polish remover, though you can also find it in paint departments.

Also Dana are you out there?? Fabric shopping??

AJ

[ April 12, 2004, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

KarlEd
Member # 571

I bought a new "ultra-fine tip" sharpie and as light as I can write it bleeds. The ribbon just sucks the ink in along the fibers like a man dying of thirst. (I actually bought two different ribbons and it happens on both of them. [Frown]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

[Frown] hmm well just send away then... we can put your name on the appropriate kite.

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

Banna, I'm here. Just incredibly busy. Busy this weekend, busy next weekend. Maybe May 1st?
dkw
Member # 3264

Karl, send the ribbon and tell me what you wanted to write on it. I'll take care of it.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

May 1st and 8th are pretty much out... I'm in St. Louis that week.

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

The 8th is out for me too. I’ll be in Texas. [Big Grin]

Let’s see, I’m busy the next two Saturdays. We might have to give up on the shopping together part of this plan.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

ok then who's buying the fabric? you have the actual pattern. Though I suspect you could give me strip cutting instructions that I could follow.

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

I'm going to be near a really great fabric outlet store next week. I can look there, and send you half.

Did you want to do the kite part or the border part?

BannaOj
Member # 3206

which do you think would be easier without a pattern? probably the border...

AJ

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ribbons in the mail.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Ok here's my schedule. I don't know if I can work it around to mesh with yours or not Dana. I'd still like to see CT and tom and Christy anyway but I want to get this aspect of planning before I mention it.

Sunday May 2 I'm going to be in Madison, Wisconsin, picking up the dogs. That evening I have to drive from Madison to St. Louis. I'll already have to have everything packed for the week long dog show anyway. (And hopefully I can see some jatrqueros while I'm in St. Louis.

I could drive up to Madison a day early on (Saturday) and hang out with CT, Tom and Christy if they let me. But that doesn't solve the fabric purchasing problem. I'm trying to figure out if theres some way I could detour to the west to get to St. Louis without going way too far out of my way. And we'd have to go fabric shopping on a Sunday evening which might be a problem.

AJ

KarlEd
Member # 571

In the mail today. Sorry for the delay.

[Smile]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid that I won't be able to make anything until I'm home for the summer. I'll be leaving on May 13...will that be too late?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes! I forgot! I'll do it soon, I promise! Eek!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Thank you imogen and KarlEd!

::taps foot impatiently::

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Have mine arrived? Hopefully they got through customs ok..
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

imogen, read the post above yours again . . . [Wink]

Um, I know we gotten ours done yet. [Blushing] Is there a deadline?

dkw
Member # 3264

Okay guys, I have received ribbons from Poland and Austrailia, but only one from the USA. What's up people? The US Postal service not up to snuff? You've all gotten so used to e-mail that you've forgotten how to use your mailboxes?

Thanks to Theca and KarlEd fabric cost is covered, but these kites need tails! Let's get going folks.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I should point out that Christy is expecting in a month. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I have a feeling this may end up being a post-birth present. If worse comes to worse we can present it at Kama Con...

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

Yeah -- do you all want the baby to have tailless kites on her quilt? Well? DO YOU?!?

The horror.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

In fact dkw, we could always do a mini tail attachment as a KamaCon craft of sorts...

AJ

dkw
Member # 3264

AJ, stop giving the masses excuses to shirk their duties. [No No]
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm merely brainstorming [Taunt]

You haven't sent me the peices to start sewing either. [Wink]
AJ

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sending a very long piece of pretty blue ribbon. It was wrapped around the gift my husband chose for our new son. I'm keeping a piece of it, but wanted to share a special piece of ribbon with Christy and Tom. I'll get it out in tomorrow's mail.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Change the title, and threaten people.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
If its not too late I would love to send one. I'll mail it out tomorrow....
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm useless - I forgot - sorry - promise I'll go at lunchtime tomorrow to my local craftshop for suitable ribbon (no longer have time for nice idea about cross-stitching) - will post asap to you. Just have to check thread for reminder of appropriate colours now.
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Um . . . [Blushing]

Yeah, don't have an excuse. Will try to get done post-haste. Sowwy!

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I will try to get to the fabric store today.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Can we still send a ribbon?

And we have Sharpies to use for decorating, but don't they fade in the wash?

Edited to say, we have a silver sharpie (also black ones)

[ May 28, 2004, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Yes, send a ribbon.

[ May 28, 2004, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

KarlEd
Member # 571

Bump.
<Wonders if DKW has gotten any more ribbons from people.>

Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine should get there soon if it hasn't already.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.