FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christy doesn't have to STAY OUT. Gift presented at BobNDanaCon (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Christy doesn't have to STAY OUT. Gift presented at BobNDanaCon
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.foobonic.com/gallery/usr-hatrack-bobndanacon/abb

Finally a picture!!!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That quilt is gorgeous, AJ! The binding is so neat, I've never been able to bind a quilt and make it look so good. I'm impressed. And jealous. [Razz]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Invisible thread is your friend. EXcept I wasn't able to use it on the back because the thread ended up in a giant snarl. So I only had invisible thread on the bobbin which was the thread on the top side and I had natural cotton color on the other side.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've used it, but I hate it because it breaks and snarls so easy. And it makes me crazy trying to thread it.

It's one of the reasons why I bought a self-threading machine. [Razz]

I was hoping to do some crazy quilting this year, but with school I haven't had a chance. I really miss being creative.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

In order to use invisible thread I've acutally pried the cover off of my tension control area of my machine so that the inner workings are exposed. I can tell if it slots in where it is supposed to, because it doesn't like going in their correctly, seeing the adjustment visually it seems to help a lot.

AJ

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
The quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I can't express my thanks enough. This is something that Sophie will cherish and I can't believe that you all put it together for her! I'm only sorry that we didn't get a more formal presentation so I could have bubbled more in person.

We're going to find a nice spot on the wall to hang it for now because Sophie absolutely adores ribbons and tags and I'm afraid she'll eat this one right up, but perhaps we'll give her a gentle nibble or so for fun.

Many thanks!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

yeah it didn't work out to do a bigger presentation... I was doing good to get BobNDana to sign it. I figure we can get Eljay to sign it sometime in the futre

AJ

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
The quilt looks great.

Good work AJ and Dana and every-one else involved in the frantic finishing. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to reiterate that Sophie loves the quilt. And not just for eating, either.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.