FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Black list: sign up now! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Black list: sign up now!
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
As a courtesy to new members, I'd like to start a list of regulars here with their posting styles. Saves hours of lurking!

Chris Bridges: Tends to be wordy. Favors liberal social agenda and conservative fiscal plans, but draws political beliefs from all over the map. Annoyingly moderate on just about everything. Can be counted on to jump into discussions about agnostics, gay marriage, abortion, books, movies, and current events if they're funny enough. Posts a link to his column every Wednesday. Never starts fluff threads.

Add your own!

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish Snake
Member # 6336

- posted      Profile for Irish Snake   Email Irish Snake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll sign up, I've been kicked out of better places than this anyway. [Razz]
Posts: 26 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
eslaine--see also Slaine, Erik: a known fluffer, Erik will sometimes surprise you with a lucid comment. AKA Erik Blackheart. On sakeriver, see Poll Star.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
PSI: I don't know what my post style is. Y'all are allowed to comment.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob_Scopatz One of two people with over 14,000 posts on the forum as of this date. Bob is a Virgo, dog-year kind of guy. He's most well known for bad puns, dream interpretation and personality profiles based on your favorite ice cream flavor. His threads about God have managed to alienate 99% of every person here, but that 1% is what he's really after.

Bob perpetrates more fluff on Hatrack than any 10 people, but can often be found trying to gain even passing recognition for his opinions in the serious threads about sex, politics, gender roles, homosexuality, and religion.

He is madly in love with another hatracker and if you haven't figured it out yet, you need to lurk a little longer.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
BannaOj also known as Banna_Oj in moments of fluff : Practically Perfect in Almost Every Way
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean Black List or little black book?

Pooka: Religious zealot. Pro-life (for prisoners as well as the unborn, anti-weapon) Conspiracy Theorist, especially against medical and academic institutions. Certified nut case. (Not a hyperbole). Watcher of the watchmen.

Common Aliases: Trisha the Severe Hottie, skrika03

Edit: Actually, Banna, Trisha is a character in the StrongBad children's book. You're thinking of Trisha McMillian. That's always been her homepage, though the email address now goes to my pooka address after a lost password scare.

[ March 17, 2004, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka you are Trisha?!!! I've been wondering about that for ages because I knew I should know!!!

AJ
It all makes sense now. Life, The Universe and Everything...

[ March 17, 2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell I tend to avoid posting my opinions on serious issues for fear of offending anyone. I'd like to overcome this problem. Is there a twelve step program for that? [Wink]

Seriously though, I'm trying to reach a point where I feel comfortable sharing more of my thoughts, opinions, and myself with Hatrack.

Like PSI, I invite comments on my posting style.

PSI, I enjoy reading your posts.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet: Purveyor of finer fluff for years, tending toward the snarky. Coined the term "Uberwench" for obvious reasons. Will occasionally post in issue threads, tending toward social liberalism and fiscal moderate-ism, but mainly political fatalism. Has been known to make friends by the unusual method of having a flame war with them first. Is completely self-absorbed. [Wink]

Also known as Olivetta the Hobbit Wench in the Wenches' Tavern, and sometimes in the guise of her evil twin, Tevilo.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, my posting style (I think): Jesus-freak who boils everything down to black and white. Tends to offend people accidently at every turn, so spends alot of time apologizing and sniveling.

Pretty insightful jokes, now that people actually understand that I'm joking.

By the way, I am OSC-fan.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmm....
*takes notes*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
<stands up>
No, I am OSC_fan.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm OSC_fan and so is my wife!
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish Snake
Member # 6336

- posted      Profile for Irish Snake   Email Irish Snake         Edit/Delete Post 
Sveta, you left out perpetually putting your foot in your mouth, and finding/causeing tons of entries for the OOC.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Bokonon: Figure me out for yourself. Or just IM another jatraquero, they'll fill you in.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

HEY! No posting, you sneak!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm OSC_fan and so is my wife!
[ROFL]

T_Smith: Form your own opinion about me and my style. Different people see different things.

Um... very fluffy and low on intellectual discussion.

Other alias: Anti-Chris

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Beatnix19 - relatively new. Tries to stay out of the hot topics but will ocasionally make an argument or two. Whines alot about his sucky marriage and mean wife. Often makes stupid and easily forgetable threads and comments. Lurks more than he would like but it's hard having an opinion on all the things he reads.

Has no known alias. Still not very reconginazble as beatnix so why should he make it harder to carve his spot into the hatrack world.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl: Leans heavily toward the conservative Christian, Republican loyalist agenda; but chooses to not get involved too much in deep debates against people who already have their own opinions firmly set. Believes in the right for everyone to defend their own opinion through free speech.

Empathizes with other mothers and single parents.

Has strong feelings toward environmental responsibility (I know, that goes against the Republican thing above), water rights, and, obviously, governmental involvement in agriculture. Would be happy to explain to newbies/city folks the difference between a steer and a bull, or a heifer and a cow.

Doesn't often post in fluff threads -- however, reads Hatrack every single day, almost every thread.

Farmgirl

[ March 17, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish Snake
Member # 6336

quote:
HEY! No posting, you sneak!
guessing you mean me [Evil Laugh]

check your email [Razz]

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
sndrake: Been on the forum for almost a year. He's a political activist who says he did it to have somewhere to get away from work. Yeah, right. Then why does he keep bringing up work-related stuff or putting his work-related perspective into other people's threads? After doing so, he whines about how his Hatrack posts are getting to be too much like work. When he's not whining or talking about work, he manages to sling a fair amount of fluff - currently fluffing about Deep Space Nine and Martian Sea Monkeys. And, oh yeah, he's OTB!
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
beverly: Despite strong religious convictions, does not have strong opinions on a lot of issues. Likes hearing what everyone has to say and understanding different points of view. Prefers being nice but her wrath has been known to be provoked.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
larisse: Easily amused or I wouldn't be here. Case in point -- I have no less than three threads open and laughing at all three. Former lurker, but recovering nicely. Just need to take that next step and join chat. (They say it becomes easier after that.) Not sure what else to share, but it'll come to me.

You guys are either awesome or silly... not sure which just yet.

I do want to know one thing... okay... two things. Will there be a t-shirt and what is our motto?

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka: Thinks she's funny -- hey, someone should -- and enjoys fluff of all kinds.

Also occasionally posts on issue threads.

[ March 17, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes

Jatraqueros: Like your real friends. Only smarter.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
T. Analog Kid - as the name implies, fan of the Canadian power trio, Rush. Has given up arguing for the most part, though can occasionally be goaded into it, especially when Tom Davidson is being particularly obtuse. Likes to think of himself as Kung fu Master but probably strikes others more as Profundus Maximus
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Da_Goat Doesn't lean anywhere unless he's really tired. Drinks a lot of caffeine, and is known to talk about either food or music while in chat. Isn't that regular of a poster, and is only posting here to confuse you. Or perhaps he is just saying that last sentence to confuse you, as he is a regular poster. We shall never know. Loves all kinds of fluff, but especially the marshmallow kind with peanut butter. Is also as much OSC_fan as his mother, who is not to be confused with Mrs. Bridges.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Hatrack. Get it on.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Many people are confused with Mrs. Bridges, or at least by Mrs. Bridges, which is just how she likes it.
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Danzig: You almost certainly disagree with him on at least one hot-button issue. Keeps many opinions to himself as they (or he) can be downright offensive when the stars are right. Considers Hatrack to be the forum on which he "behaves" himself.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Well yeah, kat. That's the Jatraquero motto (I think.), but what's the black listed motto. I mean we have to be a bit more elitist than that. Isn't that why the black list exists.

Maybe there should be a variation:

Black Listed Jatraqueros: Like your real Jatraqueros. Only more subversive.

And, we could make it so the wording only shows up in certain lights. I see a whole mass marketing scheme here.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Or we have to throw it in the fire for the wording to show up.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Larisse, it isn't elitist if it's open for everyone to join. There should be some high-person deally who decides who goes on the list.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There is. You don't think this is the REAL list, do you? The people on the real list have already been contacted.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

You mean I'm not really on the black list?!

[Party]

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
<rushes to check email in giddy anticipation>

I haven't been this nervous since I wanted that Eagle 1 spaceship for Christmas all those years ago.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no. The people on the WHITE list have been contacted. The people on the black list will simply be shunned, as appropriate. [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked kacard and she confirmed that Tom is a member of the blacklist. So, people, we have to lynch him tonight.

Doctor, I'd appreciate a save tonight.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to look at the black list under a *black light*, of course! *rollseyes at silly people*

I'm not describing myself, but I declare myself to be on the list. If you don't know who I am/how I post, well join the club. [Razz]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*points at Tom* RACIST!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders by rivka, just to see what rivka'll yell at her*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
advice for robots: Your classic passive-aggressive. A typical post by afr can be best described as a rose that has been stuck into the barrel of an assault rifle. A die-hard Radiohead fan, afr has been to none of their concerts and only owns one poster. Recently registered as The Thnikkaman so he could get away with making rude comments.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] at Bob the Lawyer

So you're the Thnikkaman!

[ March 17, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, shut up, kid!
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth Uses the forum as a place to proseletyze for her favorite band, Donna the Buffalo, a roots-rockish, Americana jam band which she follows around as much as she is able to. She is often known to send cds to people on this forum, and posts most regularly in the "Think of a Lyric" game thread, where she shamelessly posts lyrics of her favorite band, Donna the Buffalo, almost exclusively. See, she is even using this thread for her evil agenda.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
amira tharani: Lurks more than she posts, but every so often steps in as Token Brit or Token Muslim on issue threads that require it. Doesn't tend to post to general fluff threads but is quick to offer congratulations or sympathy as appropriate in "what's happening in my life" threads. Must have one of the lowest post-count-per-day ratios of all Hatrackers as she's been around since '98.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
sarcasticmuppet: owner of the coolest screenname ever. Mostly lurks on the more serious threads, and mostly posts in fluffy to semi-fluffy threads. Digs Harry Potter. Likes to think of herself as a moderate, but may be wrong. Becoming famous in GreNMe mafia as the 'Woman in Black'. Invented the word "sweek"

aliases: Her Royal Sweekiness

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Zalmoxis: Aggressive and neoconservative. Quick to challenge other Jatraqueros/as to back up their positions with 'facts' and 'sources.' Sticks to political topics he feels most comfortable with -- gay marriage, the fight against terrorism, electoral politics. Tends to stay out of fluff threads and religious discussions. Always signs up for mafia and is almost always lynched in the first few rounds no matter what role he is assigned. Likes to flirt but comes off as a jerk instead. Uses lots of graemlins -- usually in an inappropriate or nonsensical manner.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Camper
pronunciation-hap'ee kam'per: A true lurker by nature. In his inaugural year as a registered user of Hatrack has created only a single topic, only to realize that the subject of that topic had been previously discussed. While he leans to the left on most political issues, he does not approach any thread in which these views may become apparent. He instead prefers to contribute to threads of a mathematic or scientific nature. He also avoids seriously fluffy threads, but will contribute to "get to know you" type fluff threads. One of a very small number of West Virginian Jatraqueros.
Syn.: HC, Mike (not to be confused with Mike #55)

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.