FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » King Minos Decides Your Fate (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: King Minos Decides Your Fate
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't you be with Caleb and the rest of the sodomites? [Wink]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in purgatory! Woohoo!
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehehe
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently I'm a pretty extreme heretic. I also wallow in lust and malicious, fraudulent pandering with a dabble and a smatter of the other sins. None of that repenting garbage for me though. It's a one-way ticket to hell, not even a proxy baptism can save me now.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
What, so it was a 9-way tie?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ever read Sinners in the hands of an angry God? Good stuff that. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*slings arrows*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I've read that! Amusements galore.

I'm in eighth. ::high fives Fitz::

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I made it into Purgatory, though Im not really sure how.... Hmmm...
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Phew. For a minute I thought I would be the only one wallowing in human excrement here on the eighth level.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | High
Level 2 | Moderate
Level 3 | Moderate
Level 4 | Low
Level 5 | Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Low
Level 7 | Low
Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Moderate

Level descriptions: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html
Take the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
::scratches head::
Am I the only one who remembers when this was linked on GreNME? Jamie, you got 7th then, too. As did I, as I recall.

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember it when it was at grenme. I got purgatory back then. Gee, what happened?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, there are furries in the sixth level of hell?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Seventh Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

Is this a bad thing? [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StallingCow
Member # 6401

- posted      Profile for StallingCow   Email StallingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like Daed and I are the only members of the sixth level.

Purgatory Very Low
Level 1 - Very Low
Level 2 Very High
Level 3 High
Level 4 Moderate
Level 5 Very High
Level 6 - Extreme
Level 7 High
Level 8- Very High
Level 9 - Moderate

You know, it really seems like a lot of the levels were campaigning for me. [Evil]

Posts: 106 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Cow, not really. [Wink]

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

Level | Score
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Low
Level 5 | Low
Level 6 | Very High
Level 7 | Low
Level 8 | Moderate
Level 9 | Moderate

No tough call here; and also no surprise, as I don't believe in God. Btw, I really tried to answer honestly. Cow, how the nine-levels-of-hell did you get those scores ?!?

[ April 24, 2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StallingCow
Member # 6401

- posted      Profile for StallingCow   Email StallingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't think it leaves much room for speculation as to where I'll be spending my afterlife.

Here's hoping the atheists are right and we just peter out... [Big Grin]

Posts: 106 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StallingCow
Member # 6401

So, um, I go back through, and change all my answers to the exact *opposite* of what I had the first time....

...and I end up in the 7th level!

Yeesh!

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
you'd rather the atheists be right and you don't exist rather than the mormons, where extreamly few people goto hell?

MEC [Sleep]

[ April 24, 2004, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
First Level of Hell - Limbo

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.
First Level of Hell - Limbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm amazed I'm not in the City of Dis for being a Heritic...

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StallingCow
Member # 6401

Let's go for one of the reincarnating ones, instead... hmm... or I could become a ghost! That'd be cool. Find myself a nice attic to haunt. Possibly some chains. [Taunt]
StallingCow
Member # 6401

I really think it was the not believing in God and the pagan religious beliefs that really put me over the top, though.

Otherwise, levels 2, 5, and 8 would have each been tugging on me.

mackillian
Member # 586

*glares at matt*
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Level Two, not surprised. I suppose that's not too bad considering...

That's what I get for being lustful and gluttonous, but not gluttonous enough. [Cool]

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I got myself in with the Heretics on the 6th level of Hell. But I had high marks in levels 1,2, and 3.

-Mike

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EarlNMeyer-Flask
Member # 1546

- posted      Profile for EarlNMeyer-Flask           Edit/Delete Post 
I wound up in the 6th level of hell for Heretics. I guess I should have stuck with being a garden variety fornicator instead of questioning the existence of Deity so that my suffering would only be at the 2nd level.

[ November 15, 2004, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: EarlNMeyer-Flask ]

Posts: 338 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Level 3 for me...

Purgatory Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Low
Level 2 High
Level 3 Very High
Level 4 Moderate
Level 5 Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis High
Level 7 High
Level 8 - the Malebolge High
Level 9 - Cocytus High

So sue me for enjoying a good meal sometimes.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Joining the Sixth Level residents....

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Moderate
Level 2 Lustful Very High
Level 3 Gluttonous Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
Level 7 Violent Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous High

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Purgatory... but a close run on some of the spicier ones.

If only it were this easy, tho...

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.