FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A song I wrote...

Author Topic: A song I wrote...
Rudolph
Member # 3236

- posted      Profile for Rudolph           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey ya'll if you feel like it listen to this song i wrote...

http://rudolph-the-red.dmusic.com/

comments, criticisms are happily accepted...

Posts: 217 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a very pretty melody, more love-song than unhappy-boyfriend-angst in my opinion. The guitar is very good, although I'm not too much of an expert on it. Some advice for your singing: keep your tongue down and against your front bottom teeth, especially when singing "ah" and "I" sounds; also, when "ah"ing and "I"ing, try opening your mouth more up and down instead of wide, and round your "o"s more. Another thing to keep in mind is to spring off the consonants onto the vowels, and throw in the ending of the word at the very end, which is quite hard to explain, it would sound kind of like, "trYYYYYYYYYY-ing" and make sure it's not a "ying" at the end but rather an "ing". I hope this is all constructive criticism and I don't come off sounding like the world's biggest narcissist, your voice is great and it's just some technical advice, and the melody is beautiful.
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
I rather like it, the melody and lyrics are very good. As a smidge of helpful criticism as well, though it may just be the mics that you're using, but enunciate a smidgen more between words, though you do enunciate better than many groups I've heard.
:: bookmarks and looks forward to more ::
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rudolph
Member # 3236

thank you both very much for the replies, i'm glad you enjoyed it!
Posts: 217 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Er, I'd give you a critique, but it's refusing to download. *will try again later*
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rudolph
Member # 3236

you can also stream it if that would work...
Rudolph
Member # 3236

**cough**bump**cough**
Rudolph
Member # 3236

soooo.....
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Rudolph))) Patience, little bird... Reindeer...
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.