FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Since I don't really use eBay....

Author Topic: Since I don't really use eBay....
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I have something I want to sell, but only a true computer geek will want it. I need to find a big enough audience that someone is interested. Maybe I will figure the whole eBay thing out and try that.

But first offer goes to the hatrackers:

I am selling my Amiga 500. It has:

- the fat agnes upgrade
- a 120 meg hard drive that may no longer work
- a 2 meg memory upgrade
- an extra 3.5 floppy drive
- several joysticks
- about 200 game titles

If anyone is interested, let me know. I have no idea what it is all worth, and I do need to sell it as is, so there are no guaranties that it all works.

It breaks my heart to let it go, as my dream has been to get it all set up again. But I am getting ready to move, and this will be the fourth move with it still in the boxes. It may be time to let go of the dream.

Then again, if I can't get anything for it, I may just set it up in my basement and start playing dragon lords again.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you ensure that it boots before someone buys it? You certainly don't have to test all 200 games, but just that it's a relatively working unit?
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW I posted it to my program house mailing list. There might be someone (or even the house) who is interested. Any more info you can give on the workings of the unit or even a games list at some point, would be cool.
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Amiga! My brother loved Amiga. I'll write to him for you. He's a previous-Waldensoftware-managing geekhead.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
A quick search on eBay turns up some comparable items under completed auctions. (That's how I always gauge price expectations.) They're not so rare that you won't be able to find a buyer in a 10-day auction, though you may not get over $100.

The best thing this thread can accomplish is find someone who's willing to let you use their account. But frankly, unless they've Nazified in the last couple years, it's really easy. Good luck.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, actually, I was going to test boot it pretty soon. So, yes, I would guaranty that it would boot up. The hard drive I'm not so sure about. I would probably say that the hard drive is extremely iffy at best, and that I would just throw it in for whoever bought the rest. Maybe you can make it work, maybe not.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

On that note, for anyone who never used an Amiga before, the hard drive is not required for the system to be fully functional.

Hard drives were a fun convenience in the old days, not a required component like they are now.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I sent messages to my brother. You'd like him, Slash.

[Egads. My brother would love Hatrack.]

[ April 27, 2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::waxes nostalgic for his old Amiga 2000::

::doesn't wax nostalgically enough to buy Slash's 500::

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.