FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bone-Breakage - Almost achieved! (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bone-Breakage - Almost achieved!
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
but is the bose a none?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
i mean is the nose a bone
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there's some boney stuff there.

You could try an ankle.

K,

what's the fascination with breaking a bone?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there's a bone in the nose, and no, it's actually among the most painful breaks to make.

I'm not entirely sure there are any easy bones to break. I've never broken one myself, but if you absolutely must have the sensation, I guess I'd...

Damn. I don't know what I'd do. Well, no, I know I wouldn't be doing this in the first place. Really, dude, what inspired this?

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I once had a 3 ton van run over my arm without breaking. [Dont Know]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, it would take more than that to break a van.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
bada ba *chhh*
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does anyone got any tips on how I can easily break a bone?

Go jump off a building.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
You can break a toe pretty easy. And then it's real easy to rebreak it over and over again. Trust me. I broke my little toe and two ribs before.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

lalo,

I think you might be wrong. I remember that break pretty well, and it wasn't so much physically painful as shocking and sociologically humiliating.

fallow

(edit: crack!)

[ May 04, 2004, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad I havn't broken a bone. Thinking about a bone breaking within my body makes me nausious.

I can't spend too much time at the medical tent of Civil War reenactment events (which I go to four or five times during the summer because a friend of mine is a CivWar reenactor). I look at the bone saw and go pale and have to sit down with my head between my legs. I can't help but think about what it's used for. Cutting bone. Grinding hacking sawing. Ugh... there's that nausia again.

Edit:
I'm like Filburt from Rocko's Modern Life.

[ May 04, 2004, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

WheatPuppet,

Come on, now, it can't be that bad. what puts you off?

fallow

Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
you guys make it sound like it's a bad idea

By all means, break your fingers - I recommend do this by punching someone much, much bigger than you on the back of the head as hard as you can. Make sure your fist is loosely bunched, with the thumb on the outside of the fist for maxmimum damage possibilities.

As an added bonus, if you choose the right person, you stand to break EVEN MORE bones than just those in your hands if they turn around and beat the stupid out of you.

Which is apparently what you need anyway.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Come on, now, it can't be that bad. what puts you off?

Are you trying to make me sick!? Gads. [Wink]

It's the only thing that really makes me feel ill without being physically sick. At least that I've found, anyway. I couldn't read passages out of Seventh Son when Alvin was screwing around with his leg bone. I skimmed and tried... try... not to think about it.

Everybody's got their own trigger. Mine happens to be messing around with living bone.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

troub,

don't be messing with my fellow posters' asking questions.

fallow

Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I'm only half joking. Anyone who thinks it'd be cool to find out what a broken bone feels like deserves..... to find out. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

trouba-DOUR-CONSEQUENCE [Kiss]

fallow

fallow
Member # 6268

k-shin?
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I managed to break my femur once. And they always told me it was the strongest bone in the body....

But seriously, it wasn't the broken bone that bothered me, it was the 7 months in a cast and 3 months of physical therapy afterward that were a pain. The pain of breaking it only lasts a day or so.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As an added bonus, if you choose the right person, you stand to break EVEN MORE bones than just those in your hands if they turn around and beat the stupid out of you.
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, here's what you do. Make a fist, badly. Make sure your thumb is underneath your fingers. Punch something hard. Oh, I might suggest doing it with your non-dominant hand.

All this is assuming you really, really want to break a bone. This post should in no way be construed as approval, encouragement or even understanding of why you might want to do this to yourself. I've never broken a bone either, though I have seen one of them, and I've had an AC separation (torn ligament between the Clavicle and the Acromion) that was no fun. My parents were out of town at the time and it was my dominant arm.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I never had a broken bone either. But I do think I once bruised my coccyx. Hurt like hell...I couldn't sit down properly for weeks.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I've been reading some of your guys' suggestions, and quite frankly they aren't up to par.

"Go jump off a building. "

"You can break a toe pretty easy. And then it's real easy to rebreak it over and over again. Trust me. I broke my little toe and two ribs before. "

"By all means, break your fingers - I recommend do this by punching someone much, much bigger than you on the back of the head as hard as you can. Make sure your fist is loosely bunched, with the thumb on the outside of the fist for maxmimum damage possibilities."

Come on now, I need better suggestions.

And for those of you wondering why I want to break a bone, its just curiosity

prolixshore
Member # 4496

Use a sledgehammer then. That should be fun.
Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I dont have a sledgehammer!

I dont have a large person to hit in the back of the head!

I dont have a building to jump off of!

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot:

I'm a wanker!

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

The first time I broke a bone it was my elbow. So try running around a corner and falling, then catch yourself with one arm, it's worked twice for me, and it requires nothing other than yourself a natural clumsiness!

--ApostleRadio

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You sound like an old-timers rant, "In my day we didn't have a building to jump off of. If we wanted a bone broken, why we had to go out to the fields and whack our arms with an elderberry branch untill our arms snapped."

Easy method for bone breakage, if you have time.

Borrow $30,000 from Guido--The Nose--Giani. Invest said funds in a secure high interest mutual fund. Do not pay Mr. Giani.

He and an associate or two will show up and break a couple bones of thier choice.

Then pay him back handing him cash with unbroken hand.

Use interest on lone to pay off interest Mr. Giani demands. Hock remainder of private property to pay of the remainder of the interest Mr. Giani demands.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
if you have someone sitting on your shoulders, fall down and use your hand to stop your fall... you might break your scaphoid bone in your hand. I'd suggest using the hand you don't write with.

Course, you might hurt more than that. Especially once the person sitting on your shoulders falls onto your nose (backwards fall). But hey... just a bonus, eh?

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Ride down a zip-slide and let go at the highest point. Make sure you land on your arm. My little sister just did that on Saturday, just hours before a huge piano competition she had practiced months for. And yes, it's her dominant arm.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
try running around a corner and falling, then catch yourself with one arm, it's worked twice for me
Should he follow that with jumping infront of a car?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Ta-da! Found my idiot story from a long ago pweb post.

quote:
Ok, when I was in 4th grade, I broke my left wrist falling out of some playground equipment. I was a brittle kid

A week before the cast was to come off, we had a really good snow. I went sledding. Yup, you guessed it. I broke the other arm. Ok, we lived in a trailer park in the middle of the woods, on a hill. Sled in the street, get hit by cars. Sled in the woods, hit trees.

The worst part was when the school nurse/counceler had someone from social services come and talk to me about my abusive parents. I told the guy, no, I'm not abused, just stupid.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Book is right, it is easy to break a toe. In fact, most people have broken a toe, and in many cases didn't even know it.

Best way to break a bone is to put your hand in the car door when someone else is closing it. It's great for chicks to try on the first date. Makes the guy feel so guilty that he keeps coming back with flowers and stuff.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I already tried slamming the car door on my finger. It didn't break, though it did hurt a bit.
Book
Member # 5500

Sweet gorilla of Manila, that's nuts.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

they have gorillas in the phillipines?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, breaking a bone is dangerous, and can have permanent effects. My cousin broke his leg skiing, and he'll never be able to walk without a limp again. I broke my arm several years ago and had to go two and a half weeks without a cast. You may think it would be "fun" to break something, but it's not. It hurts like crap. Even if it's just a fracture.

If you are still considering breaking something for curiosity's sake, I suggest you make an appointment with a therapist or phsycologist.

[Roll Eyes]

(edit: and if you STILL want to do it...then you deserve it)

[ May 06, 2004, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I think folks who keep pointing out that it hurts to break a bone are missing the point. It's the experience that is interesting, not the knowledge. It's like the kid who eats a huge chunk of horseradish at Seder. It's not that he doesn't know it's painful to eat, it's to experience that feeling.
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, when I inhaled pepper as a four year old and sneezed for thirty minutes straight, I neither wanted the knowledge or the experience. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I broke my baby toe once. I was swimming. Still not entirely sure how that happened. It may have been a bad flip-turn...
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

When I was three my brother brought me a jalapeno and asked me, "Hey, Robert, want a carrot?"

I ate that thing in about three bites, and screamed for the same amount of hours.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

quote:
I think folks who keep pointing out that it hurts to break a bone are missing the point. It's the experience that is interesting, not the knowledge.
Thank you Suneum
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Yesterday I was playing basketball outside and I tried dunking it. I've never been able to dunk - but I can hang on the rim. Anyways, I went for the dunk, but couldn't get it - so I decided to hang on the rim. However, my hand slipped and I came falling 10 feet onto the hard concrete floor. Too bad nothing was broken [Angst]
Nick
Member # 4311

Too bad?

Are you nuts? [Eek!]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

No...I just want to break a bone.
RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, I think it's obvious from this thread that the answer is a yes.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

That's crazy, but okay...
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
okay, I have three methods for you:

fall out of a tree - worked for my sister at age 7.

walk down poorly-lit stairs holding the handle of a baby stroller while spouse holds the bar in front (baby is riding in stroller, of course). Step wide because you are stepping on the landing. Realize, too late, that you are one step too high and fall, landing on foot underneath you. Go to doctor's office right away (forget to file accident report with someone where you fell so you can't sue them or get medical bills covered). Have your ankle pain diagnosed as a sprain. Skip ahead about 5 years and finally get that foot x-rayed and find out you broke a bone in it at some point. Worked for me nearly 11 years ago. [Roll Eyes]

Or fall off a horse while trying to get on. A horse that is just standing there, not moving or anything. Simply don't make it on to the horse and fall off, trying to catch your fall with your hand. Worked for my friend Dawn, who is trying to learn to type with one arm in a cast (she's our cops and courts reporter). She even got pins in her wrist (oohhhh). [Eek!]

kaioshin00: are you sure you aren't Unbreakable?

[ June 06, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Jeez... So much effort required to break a bone.

quote:

kaioshin00: are you sure you aren't Unbreakable?

Plot Outline: A suspense thriller with supernatural overtones that revolves around a man who learns something extraordinary about himself after a devastating accident.

I've never had a devastating accident! Besides that time I flew out of the window our flipping minivan (a wheel came off). I was ok though-landed in the grass.

Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
The only bone I have ever broken is a very tiny bone in my jaw. This bone was so small the dentist said it was practically microscopic. It hurt like the bloody proverbial.

If there is a direct connection between the size of the bone and the amount of pain, I don't ever want to break my leg. I really don't recommend it.

[ June 06, 2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Sugar+Spice ]

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.