FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » confessions about my own stupidity (a prom follow up) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: confessions about my own stupidity (a prom follow up)
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
*volunteers to be love interest of the bad-boy-with-a-heart-of-gold*
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
So all of you guys go to school together, live in the same town, and all post together here at Hatrack?
*confused*

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I find this whole conversation VERY facinating. I'm actually tempted to put my toe into this pool of drama.... [Wink]

*inserts big toe*

I agree that for JTStryker to bring this up might make him a drama-queen...but there is also the possibility that he wanted to announce his sins, get yelled at, and then forgiven. And I think why the people involved are insulted by that is because they see the attempt to win forgiveness...an attempt to coerce them.

As a stranger to him I must give the benefit of the doubt. Basically hijacking the date from the girl you took out to another girl there is very cold, but I don't think he did planned it. It was spur of the moment and lovely teenage hormones. Ahhh... remember the days... [Smile]

You'll all look back on this, I'm sure, and smile. When we get older we don't have as many passions or as deep...

[Group Hug]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness! [Big Grin]

edit: (about the passions)

[ May 25, 2004, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When we get older we don't have as many passions or as deep...
Until the mid-life crisis, that is.

There's no fool like an old fool.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*snort*

Spoken like a twenty-something. Anyone who thinks this sort of high school drama is representative of deep passion doesn’t know the meaning of either word.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, many others agree with me, others who have not dated him in the past!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but there is also the possibility that he wanted to announce his sins, get yelled at, and then forgiven.
Well, Telperion, you got my reasoning down. Sarah forgave me before Rainelle and I were out of site, it's the rest of our group who i needed to have a way to vent on me.

Farmgirl, Yes we all spend way too much time posting on here and not enough time talking on Aim, sorry.

Raia, which ex-girlfriends have you talked to? I can only think of one (besides you) that didn't still think I'm a great guy after we were done dating.

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not talking about ex-girlfriends... I said who have NOT dated you in the past. I was saying that many people take my viewpoint on this matter, people who don't have the emotional strain of having dated you get in the way.

And I did still think you were a fine person after we broke up, but I'm sorry, you seem rather shallow to me, now that I see more of you.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who DID say that? I can't find the post.

I'm twenty-something. And I think that's rubbish. My passions are deeper now, as I'm not nearly as shallow as I was in high school.

edit: Ahh... Telperion.

Hey, Telperion - that's rubbish. [Smile]

[ May 25, 2004, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there is a certain value in being able to restrain one's physical passions, such as - it helps you restrain yourself and say "Hey, I like you, but I'm on a date with Sarah, so don't think I don't like you, but we should save this for later." So, yeah, you probably agree that would be a better course of action, but it takes a change in attitude to decide that that is the kind of person you want to be, that you want to be able to restrain yourself when a pretty girl wants to make out with you.

So yeah, for the sake of this one incident, it's important to apologize to your friends, to get everything to be cool in that way, but the next step is figuring out how you're going to get yourself not to do the same thing again to another girl.

[Informational edit: thread locked by request. --PJ]

[ March 09, 2006, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.