FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are there any good song remakes? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Are there any good song remakes?
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was just listening to the album Fakebook by Yo La Tengo the other day. That is an entire album of covers, and it's fairly magnificent. Of course, most of those covers are so obscure that almost no one will recognize them as such. I myself haven't heard more than a couple of the originals that they were based on. Still, I got the album for their version of "Speeding Motorcycle", which was excellent. Their version of Cat Stevens' "Here Comes My Baby" is very worthy as well. And the rest of the album, judged on its own merits, is wonderful.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The great Louis Armstrong song "What a Wonderful World" is currently being used in a TV commercial, and is performed woefully. That song needs the every man, gravelly voice of Armstrong to be believable.
Aww...Jalapenoman doesn't like Braddah Iz...
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.