FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Thread For, and About, Egomaniacs. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Thread For, and About, Egomaniacs.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
All right, admit it. You do a name search on your userhandle either daily, or at least weekly.

C'mon. Don't make me raise my hand at you for lying in front of Jesus and everyone.

(I would like to say that it is entirely appropriate that I start this thread as no one else could do it justice like I have. And while the content may be scanty - or another word that sounds like 'scanty' but has a much more positive connotation [but I can't think of it right now] - the quality is superb.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Scanty doesn't have a positive connotation?

I don't have to run a search. I know they're all talking about me. [Angst]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

No, you're right.

I chose exactly the right word.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I think the problem we're having so far is that no egomaniac wants to post in a thread started by someone else. Unless it's some hapless newbie that they can kick around and shift the topic back to something more interesting. Namely, me.

:checks watch:

Where's fallow?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't do that, Toni, cause everyone calls me T. And as far as searching for Nathan goes, I don't. HOWEVER, I do know when you people are talking about me. I have spies. And I know where you sleep.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
In a bed, of course.

>_>

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Not here.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I dinnit say this was the thread for Paranoids, dammit! [Mad]

(Anger is one way an egomaniac can draw attention back to themselves. Now you're learning!)

pooka
Member # 5003

:gives T a therapeutic backrub: Nothing like a little ego massage.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I find the best way to draw attention to myself is to be a combination of paranoid, sexy, lightheartedly funny and sneaky. I call it parsexfunneaky. That, and just say random things like I can lick your nose.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*stabs pooka*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Oooh, not quite so deep there, mack. mack the ripper.
mackillian
Member # 586

[Confused]
pooka
Member # 5003

I also admire the random violence and cryptic response school. Simultaneously Kafkaesque and minimalist.
mackillian
Member # 586

*clap* *cry*
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I wasn't really going to respond to this thread until at least 3 or 4 of you mentioned my name.

Having failed that, I am forced to scold you all with scant chance of being appeased.

It's all about me, people, get with the frickin' program.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

[Hail] Bokonon
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno 'bout you but once I found my lazee-boy my questingly ergomaniacal days were over. like a happy bug in a rug. kaput! finished!

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Whenever I worry that I have too many posts for how long I've been here, I can always think of fallow.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I am SO tempted to tag almost every thread with a one-word post, just to play with Ralphie's results. [Smile]

I have to admit that last week or a few weeks ago or whenever that day was where my name was in the subject line of three threads on the first page was pretty dang cool.

But saxy still wins that contest. *pout*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I have to admit, kat, I think the use of "Zoolander" as an adjective is pretty funny. You should use that for your landmark avoidance handle.
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I have never searched for my name. I doubt if anyone talks about me. [Cry]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
There's too much Annas in this world : I never searched but I'm sure there won't be anything about me.
*opens a google page to check*

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Yep. Evrerything is about Anna Kournikova [Roll Eyes]
With my real name there is something I wrote when I was studying.
And with my AIM name there are links to forums I posted in just one or two times.

[ June 19, 2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop all of this senseless babble now or I am going to lose my temper.

You have my permission to return to worshipping me.

You, in the black lazyboy with the laptop, peel me a grape!

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

[Taunt]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*cringes*

"But, Ralphie - really - how DOES the search dunction work?"

*ducks*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Fallow:

quote:
ergomaniacal
Cool word! I discovered those mechanical pencils with the gel-filled comfort grips and went absolutely nuts.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
You have my permission to return to worshipping me.
Oh, okay.

Who are you, again?

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
snap!
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I search for my name fairly often, but in my defense, it's only to see if there are any interesting farm related conversations going.

All I've found so far, though, are some measly arguments over the extent of my awesomeness, and a couple of ceremonies.

Farms, people! Give me farms!

I am not pleased. [Mad]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

Aww... wook at wittle goatie and his wittle angwy face...
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez I never thought of doing such a thing if that tells you anything of the size of my own ego. But now I am wondering if I should be doing a name search.

Which means that I should probably be starting a thread titled "A thread for, and About, Neurotic, Paranoid Sociopaths".

[Big Grin]

[ June 19, 2004, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my! I seem to have been quoted in a professional journal.

Industrial Engineering Magazine
quote:

RAIN MARIE SMITH
Industrial Engineer
Pretty Products Inc.
Division of Lancaster Colony Corp.
Coshocton, Ohio

The best thing about being an IE is that I can work to improve just about any area of my company, either alone or as part of a team.
I can accomplish anything I want -- possibly including my ultimate goal of eliminating my own job -- and still have plenty
of interesting work.

(This was published in May 1999, 8 months before they laid me off.)
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
The thing that's wrong with this thread, is that there isn't enough me in it!

[No No]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

From this post on, I am going to include Ralphies name at the end of every post, just to throw her off.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
See, if you put it at the end of every post, it makes it too easy to scan and ignore.

You have to stick her name in a sentence somewhere in the middle.

OR, you could simply refer to her as using solely pronouns, and never use her name at all.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I am always shocked to realize that fallow must think he/she/it is funny.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not shocked when PC comes out of lurkerdom to make a pissy comment, then leaves again. [Smile]

And while I'd love to stay and chat about egos, a single thread could in no way contain mine.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*dons construction hat*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not an egomaniac, since Egomania is a flaw, and I, being perfect, have no flaws.

If I did, why then my legions of adoring fans would have less of a reason to adore me.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Hey, you got your Egomania in my Superiority Complex!"

"Ahhh! You got some of your Superiority Complex all over my Egomania!

(pause)

Both: "Hey, this is great!"

(OK, you have to be over thirty-five to get the reference, and it may only be funny to me, but there you have it.)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

But you forgot to mention me.

[No No]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
With everyone else, it is egomania and a superiority complex, but with me....it is my inate, God given right to rule over the peons from high atop my golden thrown.

Now, who brought me my donuts this morning?

P.S. Yes, I will show my age by saying that I am over 35 and got the Reese's joke.

[ June 20, 2004, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Jalapenoman ]

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I got the Reese's reference, and I'm way younger than you people.

And Dan_raven wins this thread, cause he's so cute.

[ June 20, 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Reese's reference? Nah, it's a Breathe Right reference.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
I search for my name hourly, but friggin' mackillian screws up my searches by throwing alot of duds around.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"I got the Reese's reference, and I'm way younger than you people."

Hmmph. I think it just means you watch retro tv commercials from the 70's so you can be more like us. You know you want to be in our clique, Ralphie, so just admit it. We are older, and have far more years of ego than you.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Weren't those actually early-eighties? And I was aboot in the seventies. [Smile]

Of course, regarding the ego issue: It's quality, not quantity, dammit. I don't think anyone around here would argue that my ego is quality. With a 'q'.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The "chocolate in my peanut butter" commercials continued through 1986. I'd imagine that anyone over the age of 25 probably remembers them well.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.