FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Failed romances. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Failed romances.
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
We played of Yahoo.com
[Wink]
Though I would go on a date with Syn, if she didn't live far away. I think she lives far away...
*doesn't know*

[ June 25, 2004, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] at Frisco.

You see, our romance failed without it ever starting. Way to go. [Razz]

[ June 25, 2004, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: NdRa ]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
No, just means you'll have to come to Boise.

Lalo! Wash her, and bring her to me!

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

[Eek!]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there photos of Nick and Syn on Foobonic?

Syn lives in California, right?

*goes to see*

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
No... Boston. Pictures of me don't exist.
I hate being photographed.
It steals my soul.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Woah!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww
[Razz]
*hates how I look in pictures*

[ June 25, 2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Nick ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok NdRa, thanks for straightening that out. I had the two overlapped and you haven't been the most frequent of posters.
[Wave] Hi, I'm AJ, and I wasn't trying be a disrespectful n00b. Pleased to meet you!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco: Oooo, kinky.

NdRa, you are a moth drawn to the flame. You have been burned by it. Maybe the day will come that you will look at that sweet boy next to you who is kind and supportive and find that you love him. But I will not deny that there must be chemistry there. If there is no chemistry, you can't force it.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, have you considered writing a real long post explaining how you are single and unattached and are just happy with that in your life right now?

DKW did that last year.

She's getting married next year.

It might work for you, but no Bob's are gauranteed.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

[ROFL]
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice picture that is.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Where's CT???? Where's our matchmaker????

She could sort this all out for everyone....

FG

NdRa
Member # 2295

Banna OJ - No worries. Because I post so infrequently, I actually feel like the n00b here.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

I'm taking Bev's advice Frisco. No more flying into flames. [Razz]
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
Nice picture that is.
[Blushing] [Confused]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"My best friend just told me that it kind of IS my fault. He also says I have a tendancy to fall for the wrong type of men and ignore the ones that are probably right for me."

Hm. On my planet, that's the code phrase for "Date me! Date me! I'm right here, you moron!"

Seriously, though, you're an attractive gamer geek. Walk into your local game store, whip out a Magic deck, and tell people that you're going to be using pieces of clothing to represent Life Points. I'm kidding a bit, of course, but I DON'T think you realize how desirable you are, how easy it is to just get out there and date people, or how frivilously you COULD be dating. And I think frivolity is key in the early stages.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
Hm. On my planet, that's the code phrase for "Date me! Date me! I'm right here, you moron!"

[ROFL]
Funniest thing I've seen today yet. [Big Grin]

beverly
Member # 6246

But I think she is tired of frivolity and wants something lasting. You're right, she could get just about any guy she wants, but not for long term. That is the problem.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Seriously, though, you're an attractive gamer geek. Walk into your local game store, whip out a Magic deck, and tell people that you're going to be using pieces of clothing to represent Life Points.
I'm a gamer geek and I'd never go to the local RPG store to pick up guys. Are you kidding me?!

I have many, many gamer geek guy friends. In fact, at a recent dinner party, I didn't realize until a neighbor mentioned that 9/10 of my guests were guys. Generally, gamer geek guys are the kinds of folks I'd love to have as gaming buddies. But not necessarily to date.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

*wonders what "catergory" I would be in*
You know, there is like gamer geeks... ect

*wonders, hoping for an answer*

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On my planet, that's the code phrase for "Date me! Date me! I'm right here, you moron!"
[ROFL]

So funny and so true.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

Heh heh, that's funny Tom. I don't think it's true. My closes guy friends all have girlfriends they love, and would never ever look at me that way now. Garick, you've got my back on this one right?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*echoes mack*

That's HILARIOUS. And very, very true.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

I actually agree with Sandy on that one, because I tell my sister that she dates scumbags all the time. Though I say it in nicer words....
[Wink]

beverly
Member # 6246

Which leads us back to the age-old question all nice guys want to know the answer to, "Why do desirable women date jerks?" I think there was a thread about that not long ago....
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect because those desirable women don't believe that they are so and the jerks are all they can get.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Because it is an adventure.

My opinion: I stopped dating the fascinating, baggage-ridden artists when I decided to stop using dating as my source of adventure. Find another source of adventure, and you won't require that variety to be in the guy. The stable ones become much more attractive then.

And what mack said. Basically, the sheer quality of guys I date now is about ten times what it was ten years ago. This is a very positive trend, and it has more to do with me becoming more choosy and more confident than with the crowd around me.

[ June 25, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, I believe that is EXACTLY it.
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
What makes a lot of scum bags so scummy is their way of convincing people they aren't scummy (or as scummy) if they wish too [Smile]

So nice guys, become slightly scummy and try to seduce the girls by any means necessary, then go back to being nice [Wink]

(or so it appears with my friends [Dont Know] )

[ June 25, 2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I suspect because those desirable women don't believe that they are so and the jerks are all they can get.
Wait, so the delusional ones get the good guys?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Yes. [Smile] People are attracted to confidence, and it almost doesn't matter if it's warranted or not.
beverly
Member # 6246

I think part of it is that desirable women know to some extent that they are desirable and that the "nice guys" are often not assertive enough in their wooing. The jerks start out wooing confidently, but then evolve into their normal jerk-form of rude behavior. The women start to doubt themselves and require the positive feedback and attentions of the said-jerk. Thus, they are hopelessly wrapped around his finger.

They don't believe the flattery of the "nice guy", 'cause after all, he's just deperate. He'd say that to any girl who gave him the time of day.

Just a theory.

NdRa
Member # 2295

Are you implying you don't find women desirable Frisco?
mackillian
Member # 586

*snort*

I was convinced I was not desirable. I still have a hard time convincing myself of it now, but certain people (person) make it easier.

I always figured that the guys I was truly attracted to in all ways were way out of my league (such as hot nathan). So I settled for what I could get, and those guys turned out to be, well, jerks. But, I felt that beggars couldn't be choosers.

So yeah. The delusional chicks get the good guys. [Wink]

NdRa
Member # 2295

Katharina and Beverly - I agree. I think subconsciencely it is about the chase.
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
for me, a lot of the "decent" men also fit into the category "boring." and the half-decent ones are taken [Wink]
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, beautiful Annie thought she wasn't desireable too... of course she ended up setteling for me so maybe that wont encourage you, but it sure does wonders for me! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Nndra: I have to admit, a lot of the fun went out of dating then too. I LIKED the adventure, dang it. Now it isn't worth the effort NEARLY as often, and sometimes even when it seems like it would be, something else (timing - SOMETHING) is off.

LawGuy: Where does your cousin live? I'm game. [Smile]

[ June 25, 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

mackillian
Member # 586

I think it's the hiding under the coffee table that's killing it, Katie.
katharina
Member # 827

[Razz]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sandy, has your best friend never dropped anything resembling a hint? Because, y'know, seriously, in my life so far, I've learned to recognize the sentence "You could be doing so much better. You just aren't dating the right men," as the last desperate mating call of the mildly passive-aggressive.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah definitely not the Harry Potter book on top of the table
[Wink]

AJ
(Though I would be worried if she's hiding under the coffee table to read the Harry Potter book... that would be a major issue)

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

Tom - Could it be possible that my friends honestly think I deserve a lot better without having an ulterior motive?
beverly
Member # 6246

mack, yeah, I can totally see where that side of the issue happens also. Nice guys of the world, unite! Start wooing women with gusto! Let them know they are awesome and don't have to settle for jerks! Women of the world! Give the nice guys a chance! [Smile]

There. Now everyone will be happier.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

"Could it be possible that my friends honestly think I deserve a lot better without having an ulterior motive?"

Are they men? If so, it's unlikely. [Smile]

NdRa
Member # 2295

Tom - That is so depressing. I refuse to believe that.
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sandy, you could do SO much better.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Generally "nice guy" equals "whiner" because the "jerks" that other women dating are really just "not me."

So, ideally, "nice guys" would grow a spine.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.