FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For All Those Red Sox Fans (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: For All Those Red Sox Fans
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
[Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt]
[Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt]

I smell a sweep! : )

[ October 14, 2004, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I see the little in your name refers to brain cells.... [Taunt]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm more of a fan of blue sox myself. Red is just too bright and "christmasy" to be worn all year round.

Argyle...not really my style. I would agree with you threre:

[Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt] Argyle Sox [Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt]

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
green sox
they never get dirty
the longer you wear them
the stiffer they get
green sox
they long to be laundered
but something inside me
says oh no not yet!

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
The Red Sox God was nice and gave us an extra day to heal Schilling. We are going to Spank some Yank behind now, I tell ya!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
um, you have to get to a game 5 first. [Wink]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We are going to Spank some Yank behind now
This is very unsettling, Elizabeth... is this what Red Sox fans fantasize about? Tieing up Yankees and spanking them? [No No]

Of course, the sad truth is that in reality Red Sox fans urge the Yankees to spank them. ("We're a BAD team! We only got in because of the Wild Card! Yes, yes, beat us, yes!") Sad to see how so many years of frustration have warped the psyche of Red Sox fans...

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I read in the newspaper that schilling will NOT be pitching in game 5. If there is a game six, then we can beat him again.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Babalao
Member # 5817

- posted      Profile for El Babalao   Email El Babalao         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil Laugh]
Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

screw you.
Icarus
Member # 3162

This state trooper sounds good--better than the Citadel guy who even sings for the NYMO. But his mannerisms look astonishingly dorky.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
I was afraid the trooper was going to start Hulking up with the way he was acting.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, where the heck is that Diamond Cam?!?!
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

19-8??? [ROFL]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I feel for your guys. I'm currently in mourning over the death of my illusions about the UVa football team this year. [Cry]

At least I'm a Mets fan, so I can remember fondly beating Boston in a Series. [Evil]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dagonee,
Save your sympathy for the Yankess fans. We're going to bite their legs off!!! (reference: Monty Python's Holy Grail)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

What are you going to do? Bleed on us?
plaid
Member # 2393

quote:
At least I'm a Mets fan, so I can remember fondly beating Boston in a Series.
Yeah, well, who hasn't? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

They haven't made it to enough series to give everyone a chance at beating them.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Be proud of that series, Dag.

That was a beautiful time.

I have always been a Yankee fan, but that October, we were all Met fans.

*sigh*

♫Lenny and the Mets . . .♪

[Smile]

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
What were the pollsters thinking ranking UVa over FSU? The Cavaliers were putting up such a poor fight I left early the bad fan that I am.

And I'm very dissapointed in the Red Sox. But don't worry, next year will be your year. [Wink]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it always?
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

No team in the history of baseball has come back after losing the first 3 games of a playoff series. Just thoguht you'd all like to know.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop rubbing it in.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to point out that while no team has won after being down 3-0, last year's world champions won three games in a row in each series. They also won 4 games in a row spanning each series twice. In baseball where streaks make up a season I think it is certainly possible. Less likely considering Boston is down 2-0 as I type.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Not good for Boston. With the NLCS tied, the Yankees can nurse this lead with the entire bullpen if they have to; they'll get plenty of rest before playing again.

Dagonee

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I may be wrong, but aren't the Sox actually leading? [Confused]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Now Boston is winning.

[ October 17, 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: newfoundlogic ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

For now Boston is winning.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Sure, right after I post they finally get some offense.
Phanto
Member # 5897

Bostons is still winning. [Dont Know]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My eight year-old son has changed his tactics. He is now pretending that he hates the Sox, and loves the Yanks. He did not wear his lucky red underwear for three days, and that is why the Sox lost.

So now he is pretending that he doesn't care.

I know we are all in this for fun, but it means a lot to him. I think of all the other mothers of Red Sox fans, and supporting their children through Red Sox losses through the ages. Hmm. Biography of a Red Sox fan mother...

Icarus
Member # 3162

:-\

Awwww!

plaid
Member # 2393

Oooh! Look, children! A Red Sox lead!

Gather around quietly, now, they're very rare, and easily scared away...

[edit: Elizabeth, I've got a slow connection, I wrote this before I saw your post about your kid, no disrespect meant towards your family!]

[ October 17, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Phanto
Member # 5897

You scared it away! Nice work there [Wink] .
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Plaid,
So is the bobcat who jumps through our cat window to eat cat food. It might be rare, but not impossible.

quote:
Hope
By Emily Dickenson
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soule,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Icarus
Member # 3162

♫It's a hard knock life, for us . . .♪

[ROFL]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Don't you dare bring musicals into this discussion!
Icarus
Member # 3162

So the fans with "I can't believe we fell for this again," and paper bags saying "Who's my daddy?" . . . did they print those on the back of their "We still believe" posters?

It's gotta be tough to be a Boston player right now (not that they don't deserve it . . . ) because you look in the stands, and you've got to be tempted to call it a night yourself.

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

[Laugh] Sox
plaid
Member # 2393

♪Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown...♫

Icarus
Member # 3162

Trying to better articulate my point from before . . . it's still a very close game, and Boston has a potent offence. But there seems to be an air of defeat already, if not among the players then certainly among the fans.

ADDED: Heck, even the commentators are talking like it's over.

[ October 17, 2004, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Phanto
Member # 5897

Defeatism leads to defeat. Too bad.
plaid
Member # 2393

Boston does still have a chance. It's rare, but Rivera has blown a few saves in the postseason...
Icarus
Member # 3162

Heh. That wasn't exhaling. That was "¡Ay no!"
Icarus
Member # 3162

Let me take a moment to say that the Sox logo in the grass in the infield is one of the very coolest things I have ever seen.
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Especially the close-up we got when Cabrera missed that bare-handed grab. [Evil]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.