FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For All Those Red Sox Fans (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: For All Those Red Sox Fans
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems Fenway has ghosts too... the ghost of Bill Buckner hanging around first base and whispering in Tony Clark's ear...
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Bottom of our lineup coming up, heart of yours . . . it's gonna be a long freaking night. [Sleep]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
♫Staying al-i-i-i-ve♪
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap, I'm a red sox fan. O_O
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
This really reminds me of game 4 of the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals in which Florida down 3-0 in the series pushed the game to the third overtime before finally cracking.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm so freaking TIIIIIIIRED!!!!!

[Sleep]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
YES!
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

::puts away broom::

Oh well, it's worth it just to be able to go to SLEEP!

[Sleep]

Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Wooooo!
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Well so much for that.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
FINALLY. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am soooooooo tired. I did the in and out of sleep trick on the couch.

Well, we are still in it.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

For now... [Evil Laugh]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I asked my math class a questiontoday.

"What percentage chance does any good Red Sox fan think the Sox have of beating the odds and winning this series?"

They all knew the answer: 100%

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Yankees ...in the lead??

[Laugh] [Laugh] [Laugh] sox

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

You know, you all should be proud. In June/July, the Red Sox were easily the biggest disappointment in the major leagues. It looked for a while like they might not even beat Tampa. They came roaring back, and made a race out of it. Going into the three game series in New York, a lot of people thought Boston would win the division. Going into this playoff series, Boston was favored to win. After being on the brink of being swept, the Red Sox showed that they wouldn't quit, even when their fans at Fenway were more than ready to. You got Pedro playing again and Schilling ready to try again tommorrow despite his injury. You have a lot to be proud of.

[Mad] Now go down quietly!!!! [Mad]

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Sports always are so divisive ^^ [Smile] .
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now go down quietly!!!!
No [Razz]

[ October 18, 2004, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: hugh57 ]

Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what it's like to be a Red Sox fan:

1)Watch parts of first 3 games; the Sox lose them all.
2)Don't watch Game 4, based on a gut feeling that watching would be bad. Check the score only once; the Sox win.
3) As a result, here I am, avoiding scores for as long as possible (10-15 minutes at a time), and only checking mlb.com. I am not watching the Sox on TV though.

I still believe!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julius Caesar
Member # 6921

- posted      Profile for Julius Caesar           Edit/Delete Post 
Just something for the Red Sox fans: every Empire crumbles in the end. It is only a matter of time and corruption, and the Yankees have had their share of both time AND corruption. I suggest some knives hidden in your sleeves. It worked for my enemies!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Wow, this is fun.

Each team has used 7 pitchers so far, eep...

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I DO play with swords.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, you wanted it to go seven games . . . that could happen tonight!
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

quote:
Here's what it's like to be a Red Sox fan:

1)Watch parts of first 3 games; the Sox lose them all.
2)Don't watch Game 4, based on a gut feeling that watching would be bad. Check the score only once; the Sox win.
3) As a result, here I am, avoiding scores for as long as possible (10-15 minutes at a time), and only checking mlb.com. I am not watching the Sox on TV though.

I still believe!

-Bok

Does this mean we can blame you for these extra innings?
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

We really prefer to drink champagne in New York.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Boo Yah! Go Sox! 14 innings!
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

FINALLY!
Phanto
Member # 5897

And onto the next one!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

Woooooo! Go Ortiz!
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn good game!

Not just because the Sox won, although that makes it even better...but that was some really awsome baseball!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the most I've ever cared about a sport. I actually check in to see how things are going.

Yey Sox.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
man. That was sweet.

quote:
Let me take a moment to say that the Sox logo in the grass in the infield is one of the very coolest things I have ever seen.
In the lawn-art category we win all the time, it's just in the baseball category that we have issues...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Everyone realizes this is just going to make it harder to take when the Sox finally do crumble, right?
mackillian
Member # 586

Actually, no. There's a huge difference between putting up a fight and letting someone roll over you.
plaid
Member # 2393

3 extra innings in game 4, 5 extra innings tonight... that's almost a whole extra game right there... NEAT series!!
mackillian
Member # 586

THIS is the way the series should've played out from the beginning. This is real baseball. [Smile]

(And it's still 0-0 in the NLCS game o_O )

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
"Everyone realizes this is just going to make it harder to take when the Sox finally do crumble, right?"

I'm also a Clipper fan. I'll take my chances.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

If we were talking about the Cubbies I might believe you. But the idea that Boston is cursed is based on that they get so close and still lose so if Boston had gotten blown out 4-0...
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
newfoundlogic: Miracles can happen, unlikely as it seems.

I now return to basking in the fact that the Yankees lost. You can't have a bad day when it ends with the Yankees losing.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Houston just won with a walk off 2-run shot in the bottom of the 9th. Jebus. o_O
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

They can happen, but they don't last, not for the city of Boston anyways.
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Two games not watched. Two wins.

Tonight is #3... Of four.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, I have blown off paperwork, I have had some wine, and I am ready for whatever the night brings.

I lift my glass to you all, Yanks and Sox fans alike. "To the victor go the spoils," but I love you either way.

Chaeron
Member # 744

Ok, what's the score? 4-0? That's what I thought.
Phanto
Member # 5897

Wow.

4-0! I'm stunned.

Not over by far yet. The Yankees have proven mighty in the past. We shall see how they fight back.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Great series!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Almost done...for tonight!
Chaeron
Member # 744

A-Rod truly is the world's greatest jackass.

And boo-sucks to the Yankees fans for showing such contempt for what was clearly the right call.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.