FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Star Wars Episode III trailer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III trailer
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they weren't bad, but they could have been much better. And you are right about the originals having there moments.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
OH my GOD!
Did you see that battle above the capital planet??? DAMN!!

The fall of the Republic!

hmmm... seems eerily familiar to current events... [Wink]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
This trailer is official, in case there is any doubt. It's on the Incredibles.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. . . this suprises me. I've been able to get excited about the SW movies ONLY because they've had good trailers. This wasn't even competent.

Alas.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, this trailer looks awful, which saddens me. I was at one time a huge star wars fan. I loved the movies, I read all the books. But after the first two prequels...no. It just isn't there anymore.

I am sooo incredibly glad that when they released the originals as a set for the last time before "reworking them to fit lucas's original vision" I had enough money to buy them. I was only in like the 5th grade or something. I had to save all my paper money for a long time to get those. [Wink]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the trailer was pretty well done. Most of the people who will rush out to see this one are huge fans, and they already have an idea what happens, and why. The trailer teased a lot of thisng,showing that Lucas isn't doing a Peter Jackson....editing out the parts that fans want to see the most (a la Scouring of the Shire), and trys to show how this trilogy will be directly connected to the first one (ep 4,5&6).

I am sure that the movie will look good, as even the latest two looked great...tha was part of the problem with them. Lucas is spending too much time on how they look and not enough time on telling good stories.

I will go see it, but I hope it is better than the first one. I liked the second one AOTC, better than the first, so perhaps there isstill hope.

Hell, if the Red Sox can win the WS this year, anything can happen....even a passible SW movie ... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I think that the trailer was pretty well done."

Seriously? I mean, leaving aside the mostly unimpressive visuals, the backing audio and video editing were themselves rather poor. I mean, really, they feel amateurish. For God's sake, jump cuts? A slow zoom on glowing red eyes? A bunch of heavy but not particularly resonant breathing?

*shudder*

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
I read somewhere authoritative that the writers of the EU are like kids building sand castles in Lucas' driveway. They write with the knowledge that Lucas, at any point, can contradict their stories.

Apart from the Zahn books (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command, Spector of the Past, Vision of the Future), the extended universe books pretty much sucked. I'm know there were a few good ones after that(Truce at Bakura, I Jedi), but for the most part, they were absolutely terrible.

What killed the Star Wars books (especially after the first Zahn trilogy that was so like the originals that you could HEAR the John Williams soundtrack) was you friend and mine, that turd in the punchbowl, Kevin J Anderson who destroys every franchise he touches, as he is now doing with the Dune universe. When he took the promising ending of "The Last Command", and after Luke had withstood two attempts to turn him to the dark (one by the Emperor himself in ROTJ), and instead legitimized the Dark Horse 2nd Emperor storyline (Luke joins with a "reborn" emperor since he sees he can't defeat him and becomes the new Darth Vader and Leia is the one who pulls him back the good side, this time) it was all downhill from there.

He took the brilliant handoff by Zahn and some good initial premises (wouldn't the children of Jedi show promising Jedi powers, Luke would want to start a new Jedi Academy) and pissed all over them. He butchered the characters- Han and Lando keep arguing over who the Falcon belongs to, so they keep betting it and it passes back and forth between them- and the universe.

After reading the first 3 of his new Dune series (with Brian Herbert) I've come to this conclusion. It's like he decides to write in a similar universe with characters who happen to have the same name and backstory as the story we love, but are not the same people. He then contradicts their back story and contradicts that very universe's continuity.

And after he came along, others came along that did similar things (The Crystal Star, The Courtship of Princess Leia, Shadow of Empire, etc). I do believe that if Lucasfilm had rejected KJA's stories and made sure that the first stories in the EU were good, the others would have HAD to be better.

The New Jedi Order is OK, but there are still moments where they really disconnect from the originals. And I don't bother reading the prequel novels, not after the Green Planet and the Darth Maul novel (forget the name) showed how lame they could be.

I am looking forward to the new movie, though.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer was not very good, but that's almost entirely meaningless when you consider that its a teaser trailer.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was a dcent attempt to pull the previous two movies together with the original Star Wars. As a teaser, I think it was effective.

But then, my perspective was a bit askew, since I was wondering if it'll have any scenes of Obi-Wan either tied up or wet, which were high points of EpII for me.

About the novels... They're just officially approved fan fiction, nothing more. Though I bet most of them (The Zahns in particular) were better-written than most fanfic, Lucas gives them no more weight than that. I doubt he's even read 'em, aside from plot synopses.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does anyone else think they should just go ahead and give in and call it a straight animated movie instead of continuing to pretend its live action?
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

[ November 05, 2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: lem ]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lucas can't be bound by Kevin J Anderson's ideas of the Sith
Why not? He sanctioned them, he's making money off of them. Why shouldn't he be bound by them?

I've got that this is the way it is. I just think it's very wrong.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to go on record saying that I liked the trailer. Watching it made me excited for the third movie, and since i'm pretty sure that's what a teaser's intended purpose is, I'd say it did its job. Atleast for me.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
He sanctioned them as being acceptable uses of star wars characters and settings, not as being "part of the star wars universe". Those are two different things.

There's more than one sort of endorsement, your idea that someone endorsing something in any way implies their full support for it seems bizarre.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
i am grateful to never have read any star wars books.

i still like the original trilogy and don't have any problems with the new trilogy so far. from the p.o.v. of someone who is only familiar with the movie universe, i haven't seen a contradiction or a plot issue. not with the wookies, nor with the bots being involved from the beginning.

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

The Zahn books really are good. They are what revived Star Wars. You might recall that in the late 80's early 90's there wasn't much about SW out. Then those books came out and satisfied the yearning that many fans had. More than that, the brought new life to the series. In EVERY POSSIBLE WAY, the Zahn books fit and expanded the SW universe. Indeed, in some ways, they made the SW universe more mature and realistic than the admittedly childish and simplistic (though fun) that GL created.

I heartily recommend them IF you love the original trilogy. They truly fit and (I think) are probably the only books that GL may have actually read and incorporated into his vision of the universe (along with, as Tom said, the RPG rules for the universE). In fact, there was a poll at SW.com that asked which EU character they'd like to see in the prequel and the overwhelming choice was Mara Jade, Zahn's creation. One can hope that if GL puts her in (as a child, of course) or at least somehow refers to the process that created her (an Emperor's Hand), than that will give Zahn's books the Canonical stamp of approval, unlike that idiot Anderson.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with IanO. Zahn is a great author in his own right, I very much enjoyed his Conqueror's trilogy. Although it basically ruined an idea I had for a story. [Wink]

The thing that I really hated KJA for was killing the spirit of the characters that Zahn created. Like Senator Bel Iblis. Still makes me mad sitting here.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited about this movie. Nothing can change that. [Smile]

[Wave] Olivia

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

tell me about it. Mara and Lando?

The nice thing about the final Thrawn Cycle (the last two) was that Zahn took all the crap that the other writers and written that had ruined the SW EU and somehow, even then, legitemized it, in a way. I'll still never consider KJA's Jedi Academy trilogy anything other than emergency toilet paper. But he still brought some sense of meaning and -what's the right term?- some sense of actually being SW to the other books.

GL should have involved him in writing the prequels. Now, unlike most, I actually really liked AOTC. PM was OK but was marred by GL trying to cater to little kids and 'cuteness'. AOTC was much better, I thought. And I've argued this a 1000 times here. But if Zahn had been involved in the prequels, I don't know that there would have been any complaints.

Ian

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll see it. Not sure if I want to, but I need to finish the story. Plus, big beardy Obi Wan is enough for me.

I won't be surprised if they throw Han in there too. ::gags::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
My prediction is that since the trailers for the first two movies were great, and the first two movies not so much, that the fact that this trailer is sucky can only mean that Ep III will blow all previous movies away!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 

jedi for life

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll see it because I'm curious, but if Lucas wrote the screenplay, I'm expecting it to suck. (In fact, I'll be trying to keep my expectations REALLY low before I see it, so that when I do see it, I can be saying, "Hey, this doesn't suck as much as I thought it would!")

[ November 08, 2004, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it did a good job of showing how they will tie it into the first three movies, and I also thought it was pretty damn captivating in that it caught my attention and held it, something a lot of trailers don't do.

Also, what did you ecpect DV to do? He breathed like that for the first 3 movies, didn't he?

I am looking forward to this movie, although I am sure it won't be as good as the first three. I liked AOTC better than PM too.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so spoiler-free, it's not even funny. I was pissed when I stumbled across the title. I stop my friends from talking and speculating about the film around me. I don't look at the websites I used to frequent. (This is, however, the time to mention that I pretty much know what's going to happen in the movie, but who doesn't?) Seeing the trailer in front of The Incredibles was the first I saw of the movie.

And I nearly wet my pants. (Well, okay, I nearly did something else to my pants, but this is pretty much a family show.) For someone as deprived as I, the trailer was awesome. And I really liked the use of the old-school Obi-Wan speech.

It was actually kind of funny - we were watching all the kiddy trailers before The Incredibles and I forgot the trailer was coming. So when the Lucasfilm logo popped up onscreen, I pretty much shrieked. I didn't care that I had just made a fool out of myself, because I was writhing in ecstasy. [Smile]

And I think it's going to be much harder to stay spoiler-free, but I'll do my best.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Also, what did you ecpect DV to do? He breathed like that for the first 3 movies, didn't he?"

It's not that I mind the breath. It's that they made the breath a major thematic audio element, and didn't even make the effort to make it imposing.

Overall, the trailer was poorly cut and mastered -- which is the last complaint I'd ever think to be making of anything from Lucasfilm.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
There were places in the trailer where the CGI was painfully obvious, like the pan across the clone troopers, but overall I agree with Strider--it got me excited about the upcoming movie, almost despite myself.

quote:
And what possible reason is there for Anakin's eyes to change color?
It's those durn midicholorians!

[ November 08, 2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I will say I really liked the part where Darth Vader's chair comes up and we see him in his evil incarnation for the first time.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Amidala handles all of the nasty stuff that's coming at her this movie. I think Natalie Portman is a really good actress and I hope George Lucas lets that show in this movie.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Are people making comments on the trailer based on the crappy downloadable version or the one seen in theaters? This thread started before it was out on the big screens and I was curious because it was a lot better sounding at the big house. My only complaint with the audio was, oddly enough, the line reading from Jones. He kind of had that faux continental accent in the original trilogy that was lacking here. His "master" had a kind of flat affect vs. the cheesier but, I think closer to original, "mahster." I also think it is very likely that the dialogue with DV and the Emporer aren't in the movie, but that is a guess.

This is a teaser, of course. The movie isn't nearly done, yet, and we aren't due for a real trailer for a few months yet. I thought the CG of the new stuff was good (using the Clone trooper pan from a previous movie doesn't count...that is like saying the second Tatooine sun by Luke's place looked aweful...not in this movie!). What looked like the firefighter ship was neat putting out that blazing capital ship, the brief scenes of space battle looked great (with broadside vs. broadside action...excellent!).

Still, like folks have said, it is down to the writing and directing and so far GL has a pretty poor track record of writing and directing post 1970's. I have already heard some spoilers that, if included in the final cut, are worrisome holdovers for a teeny bopper crowd that really ought not to be a part of this audience. Crossing fingers that GL gets a clue this one, last time (unless he gets the itch to shoot 7-9...unlikely, though).

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it James Earl Jones, or a digitized Hayden? the delivery on "Master" sounded VERY similar to the way Hayden called Obi-Wan Master in AotC.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
It think it is James Earl Jones. I'm thinking that he might have payed close attention to the way Hayden speaks.
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
confirmation

quote:
James Earl Jones talks about his role being about 5 minutes in length, "right after Anakin goes bionic and falls into a volcano." - JEJ

[ November 08, 2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Gumby ]

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not see that. I did not see that.

Well, okay, I saw that. But I already knew it was going to happen! It doesn't count!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Breaking my silence for star wars commentary-

Zahn is perhaps the best sci-fi (as seperate from fantasy) author currently writing. His characters are more fully developed then anyone's, other then OSC's, and has seemed to maintain that edge of writing about things he disagrees with, in a positive manner, that OSC lost in recent years. His plots are usually dynamic, and interesting, often extremely thought provoking. Angelmass was an amazing story, as was Manta's Gift. His star wars books weren't nearly as good as some of the other stuff he's written... and there is no doubt in my mind that if Lucas makes 7,8,9 that Zahn's sequels would make the best possible movies for those episodes.

I thought the teaser was fine, at least the version I saw on my computer. Nothing to write home about, but it didn't make me gag either. I'm looking forward to the movie... even if Lucas has butchered the prequels, they are entertaining fluff, and I KNOW I will be visually impressed.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Zhan's that good huh? I've never read any of his stuff. Which of his books would you recommend that a person start with?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a difficult time finding his stuff in the smaller bookstores, so I'd say whatever you could find. [Smile] The Star Wars books he wrote should be readily available, though.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked his Conquerers Trilogy. Some great concepts in there.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second (or third or fourth) that Zahn's SW books are significantly better than the rest. The ultimate threat in the Thrawn trilogy was well put together and well-constructed out of SW mythos.

However, there's a very serious inconsistency with both the timeline and alignment of forces in the Clone Wars as recounted by Zahn and as presented in the prequels. This might be a fatal defect in turning those books into movies within the canon.

And, as much as many hate it, I love the way the clone aspect was developed in the prequels.

Dagonee

[ November 09, 2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

"And, as much as many hate it, I love the way the clone aspect was developed in the prequels."

Philistine! *shudder* One of the things I hate most about the prequels is that Zahn's Clone Wars actually made some sense, whereas the prequel clones are downright silly.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but Zahn's clone wars time line with the Noghri was just wrong from the beginning.

Zahn's books were 10 years after RotJ. Jedi was 5 years after NH, and Luke was, what, 18? So it's 28 years after his birth.

Assuming Luke was conceived before Anakin became Vader, there's no way Vader was visiting the Noghri during the clone wars 40-50 years before.

This was apparant to me as soon as I read the book, long before the sequels came out.

Plus, the idea that the clones attacked because they were crazy has been so overdone. It was the weakest part of the book, in my opinion.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

"Assuming Luke was conceived before Anakin became Vader, there's no way Vader was visiting the Noghri during the clone wars 40-50 years before."

Yeah, I think Zahn deliberately just ignored the whole time compression aspect of Lucas' mythology. In several cases he almost goes out of his way to establish a campaign of oppression that lasted around thirty years, culminating in the dissolution of the Senate that we see in ANH; my personal opinion is that Zahn just didn't feel that you could wipe out thousands of Jedi and subjugate most of a galaxy in fifteen or twenty years, so he ignored that bit of inconvenient canon. [Smile] West End Games' RPG did pretty much the same thing -- which would explain why Zahn took those liberties, since I'm told that he relied on WEG's material fairly heavily for technical/social background.

To be honest, though, I'm kind of intrigued by what happens if you take Zahn's books as canon, and ignore the prequels. You're left with the conclusion that Darth Vader was identifiably Darth Vader, at least to the Noghri, for decades before the Jedi were finally exterminated and the Empire declared. It makes Anakin a father in his late 30s, and makes you wonder whether he was able to conceal that side of his personality from his wife and his associates for so long -- or whether he bullied his wife into sticking around until fear for their children's future forced her to act. It also makes you wonder whether he called himself Darth Vader before his fight with Obi-Wan and the volcano bath -- and, if so, whether the Noghri were shocked when he showed up wearing breathing apparatus later. [Wink]

[ November 09, 2004, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit, now I have to read those books again.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it when we took the fam to see The Incredibles, and I must say it was much better on the big screen. Gave me chills. Ron put his hand on my knee and said something about how much better that was than the downloadble one. [Smile]

I bet Mr. Z's books were great (I think I read one of them a long time ago) but Star Wars novels have no more bearing on the movies than fanfiction, Silly Rabbits! [Wink]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoiler Images

Someone tell me who/what that robot is!

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*cries*

With Lucas at the helm, it'll probably have horribly grating speech.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I've discovered that I can't talk about SW without being a troll.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well that robot's pretty hot and I see lots of Yoda, so maybe it won't be quite as bad as I'm thinking [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

Hot in what sense?

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Someone tell me who/what that robot is!
It's an uber robot seen in the Clone Wars microseries on Cartoon Network. You can watch the whole series at CartoonNetwork.com. It's animated by the studio that does Samurai Jack, I think, and it's pretty good, despite having 3-minute episodes.
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hot as in cool, hehe. I confuse a lot of people with that word, sorry [Smile]

And WOAH.

It's really called Revenge of the Sith?!

That's dumb.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.