FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantastic Four Picture

Author Topic: Fantastic Four Picture
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Link.

This picture is worth a thousands words, but half of them are just synonyms for 'sucks'.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Jessica Alba? Jessica Alba!?

Dammit, now I have to actually go see this thing. [Grumble]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
No you don't, she's going to be the invisible woman. You won't see her half the time. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
If you look at the bigger version of the picture, it almost looks like The Thing's rocky skin is tucked into his pants.

[ December 17, 2004, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Something looks seriously wrong with that woman's spine.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, she looks pretty ridiculous, doesn't she?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes: Is her superpower the ability to squeeze into tight-fitting suits?

Calvin: Nah, they can all do that.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize Ionn Gruffud was going to be in this. I'll probably go see it then. (Of course, I never read the comics so there's nothing for them to ruin for me.)
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Something looks seriously wrong with that woman's spine.
Let's get something straight...there is nothing wrong with Jessica Alba's anything...NOTHING.
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Her stance says "Look at my boobs and my butt. At the same time."

If only she used her powers for good...

[ December 17, 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey man, you wanna get something straight, you start with her posture.

[Wink]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, jeez, that movie looks so bad..... The Fantastic Four were by far the goofiest and cheesiest heroes that enjoyed too much success for their own good.

Hopefully, this will not attract people from the real comic movie, Batman Begins.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
The annoying thing is that Alba is clearly in there for one reason only, and I don't even have to mention it.

But, couldn't they at least get a famous BLONDE to do the same job? For Pete's sake.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

After seeing how Elastic Girl used her powers in the Incredibles, Reed is bound to be a disappointment.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, The Incredibles is going to be a tough act for FF to follow, period.

[Edited for the sake of subject verb agreement. I can't believe I did that!]

[ December 17, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't aware it was even a possiblity.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Look at the Thing's left hand.

What is he doing? [No No]

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

O_O
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Look at the Thing's left hand.

Maybe that's why she's arching her back like that?
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Actually, I was looking at his right hand.

The Thing is apparently quite a player.

edit: Do you think they do stuff like that on purpose to send subliminal messages?

[ December 17, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Actually, I was looking at his right hand.

The Thing is apparently quite a player.

[Laugh] PSI

He does seem to get around, doesn't he? Johnny Storm's a pretty stoic guy in this interpretation of the comic, huh?

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I think he's trying to appear oblivious.

We're not fooled. We can all see exactly what's going on.

[ December 17, 2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

That does explain he little wisps of smoke he's emitting.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

[ROFL]

Oh man. Are we the only ones that are seeing this??

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone here catch the Venture Brothers episode with the Fantasic Four rip-off?

I think the name of the guy was Mr. Amazing. And of course he could stretch and do all sorts of amazing things. But the Amazing Girl could only make her outer layer of skin disappear, and that was when she concentrated, and the Human Torch had to be kept in a tube without oxygen, since he would burst into flames on contact (and comically run around the place screaming in horror), and the Thing was a poor mentally debilitated young man who had turned into a giant walking callous. It was a Dysfunctional Fantastic Four.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
i love ioan, don't think much of jessica alba, and i think the thing looks horrible.
i really wish sean astin got the crack at directing this like he wanted.
but i will still go see it.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Which Avengers lineup though?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they did make an Avengers movie... [Dont Know]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, they did.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well, they made a horrible Captain America movie.

Horrible.

Worse than "Angel Sanctuary" bad.

Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
According to Brian Michael Bendis, due to various movie studios owning the film rights of different members of the Avengers, putting together an Avengers (or preferably, Ultimates) movie would cost a whopping $700 million.

They are, however, making an Avengers direct-to-DVD cartoon film for early 2006.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that a Fantastic Four adult film has real possibilities, Reed can elongate and Sue could turn invisible at the odd moments showing what is going on inside for Reed to scientifically inspect, or make Ben's "Thing" disappear. Jonny... Well that is Sues brother so he is right out anyway!

I would love to see Doom in Armor though, at least they chose the coolest villain to play off of.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.