FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Unique Opportunity (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Unique Opportunity
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously some sort of repressed desire to be either loved or villified with no ability to understand the reasons behind the yen.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

- posted      Profile for Jar Head   Email Jar Head         Edit/Delete Post 
My heart? Blood!
Posts: 117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*Suddenly reminded of a certain character in the Ender series.*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

I have no need to be a villian, nor could you make me one, nor do I seek approval or need it, I have the approval of my circle and myself. I offer an honest chance and nothing more. No Guilt or pain is involved, only the courage of your convictions is required, either way. I am seeing an almost hysterical lack of courage in a couple people. Vote or go away and chat about Dag's Meteor!

[ December 19, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Jar Head ]

Posts: 117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I find it funny that people are taking this so seriously. Who cares if he has an agenda? Who cares if he's trying to be a martyr or not? Once he's gone, everyone will stop thinking about him, except the occasional "Remember When. . ."

I say go.

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Synth, are thinking Bonso? Because Bonso was smart enough to get into battle school.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Go.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No Guilt or pain is involved
there is the chance of carpal tunnel syndrome
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

10 to 3
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't think of his name... He's the one that caused the riot where everyone started attacking the piggies and cutting down their trees.
He also had a rather b****y sister too who was just like him, only worse...
Gods, was she obnoxious.
I say he should go until he can learn to act like a human being.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I don't lack courage I just refuse to be manipulated by you.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Grego?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Ah, Grego in the third book. The sister was Quara.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Yeah! Them. It's been ages since I've read those last..
Jar Head
Member # 7018

quote:
I say he should go until he can learn to act like a human being.

This counts as an equivocation, I would not expect anything else from you Synth, I have long pictured you as bi-polar, lurching forward to set things straight and then falling back, emotionally spent! Try again!

[ December 19, 2004, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Jar Head ]

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

*irratably flips JH off*

*Reminded ieerily of CWFA* [Angst]

Jar Head
Member # 7018

Umm, that was not a clear vote either, Punwit, you are almost certainly facing irrelevence. A familiar feeling no doubt.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, Jar Head. You got your eleven votes. Going to start splitting hairs now? Oh, the drama!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Only it's not eleven, it's twelve. Remember he disqualified Kwea for saying
quote:
I would rather that you stay and learn (or remember) to be respectful of other peoples viewpoints.
<snip>
If you can't do that, or don't even want to try, then I vote leave.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Not really but thanks for caring.
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Punwit, you are almost certainly facing irrelevence.
Punwit's forte (one of them, anyway) is irreverence, actually.

[ December 19, 2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

The rules are clear, talk to Kwea and Synth and have them straighten up. I cannot break the rules of a game I set up!
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't approve of this.
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't approve of this.
do you feel disenfranchised?
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

Lets hear it for more irrelevence! Nobody sought your approval, your lack is noted, vote yes or no!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

WheatPuppet already voted.
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Jar Head...you want a clear vote to make it 11?

Get. Out. Of. Our. Forum.

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Irrelevance for an irrelevant topic, who'd thunk it?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sweet, I can cast the deciding vote right now.

Hit the road, Jar, and don't ya come back no more no more no more no more, hit the road, Jar, and don't ya come back no more.

It is a pity that we lose Jar here at the height of his posting. This thread garnered more attention than any of his posts before. We may fondly look back and say, "Remember that Jar Head guy? Man, that whole 'vote me off the island thing' was lame, wasn't it?" And so young Jar Head wormed his way into the dubious lore of Hatrack. Way to go out in a blaze of Glory, Jar Head, we salute you.

Now piss off.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

11 to 3 You were irrelevent Bob [ROFL]

[ December 19, 2004, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Jar Head ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Now piss off.
[No No]

I found out that's not allowed. [Wink]

[ December 19, 2004, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Should I feel disenfranchised?

I don't approve of knowingly exiling anyone from this community, regardless of whether or not it would be voluntary or not. I've been insulted numerous times by JarHead--I don't care. I think it's more important to be an inclusive community than a comfortable one. I'm amazed so many Hatrackers disagree with my belief, if the sample of this thread is any marker to go by.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WheatPuppet already voted.
For "stay", no less. He can't even be troubled to keep track of his own "supporters". Considering how few there are, that's just sad.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
Figured I'd get around to this eventually.

Now, scoot.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

WP, I disapprove of the whole idea, but not just because of any exclusivity worry.

That's why I proudly served as Jimmy Carter's envoy to ensure the elections were fair.

Dagonee

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that remark wasn't lost on you, Dag [Wink]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

So now we can talk about Jar Head behind his back, right?

Dagonee

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
So Jar Head, just for clarification, exactly how old are you? Two? Three?

Get the heck out of here.

(this is an unequivical vote to leave)

You will not learn, you will not have an open mind, you will not consider other peoples opinions. You are an idiot. Leave. Go fight your war that you love so much, go show your 'courage', go get your self killed and improve the gene pool. Maybe they'll give you a Darwin award if you're lucky. You have your 11 votes. Quit whining and splitting hairs and leave. You kept saying we wouldn't have the guts to do it, we did it. Leave. Now.

Edit: I see my vote wasn't needed [Big Grin] Yay, I would delete my nastiness... but I almost wish he'd stick around long enough just to see it... Oh well. My apologies to anyone else who read that and was offended. I normally try to be extremely accepting of people, but Jar Jar crossed the line of what I can stand... several times. So I figured I'd let it out and let him have it [Smile] Again my apologies to everyone else.

[ December 19, 2004, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Alcon ]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fluff
Member # 4835

- posted      Profile for Fluff           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got the last post!
Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care, I'm just posting to inflate my postcount -- which I don't actually care overmuch about, but I'm also bored.

So there.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

WP, Jar Head created a false dichotomy. He got what he wanted. I think most if not all of us would rather see him stay and stop being such a jerk. Not a choice. *shrug* Whatever.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
[wearing Cedrios-addled conspiracy theory hat]

Well, if BC is leaving, and JH is the same person as BC, then wouldn't he *have* to leave? I mean, this vote is nice and all, but if these two knuckleheads are the same person, the result would be a foregone conclusion, no?

[/wearing Cedrios-addled conspiracy theory hat]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Hey, do you guys remember that Jar Head guy? Wasn't he lame? Oh man, and that bit about the spanish drunkards that he and BC fought off together? *Priceless* I know I was impressed by it. And how he cleverly slipped in that he speaks Korean? What was that all about? I ask you.
Icarus
Member # 3162

I think they're both BannaOj.

Notice how we haven't seen so much of her lately? And she's never around when they are. And you know, if we could only see what she looks like without those glasses . . .

King of Women
Member # 7143

- posted      Profile for King of Women           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have said it before and I will say it agian, I am a rock head.
No, you're a JAR head. Transparent, empty, and easily broken.

You can't get away with this behavior in real life, so you feel the need to spout this vitriol on the internet where noone can find you in your little dark corner of a computer desk.

Frankly, this thread means nothing. You can just come back under a new name, leading us on for hours or even days before we recognize the arrogant, insulting and down right idiodic style that belongs to none other than Jar Head.

edit: FC, you have any more of those Cedrios-addled conspiracy theory hat? I have cash. [Big Grin]

[ December 20, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: King of Women ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Methinks FlyingCow is on to something...
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
What was it about? It was about 40 posts back, if I remember correctly...

[Taunt]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
*checks Dagonee's postcount*

[Eek!]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I still think it would have been amusing to see what he would have done if he hadn't received enough votes one way or the other. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

[ December 20, 2004, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

He would have gone on and on about how everyone was too much of a panty-waist to vote.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.