FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you could have magical powers...... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you could have magical powers......
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
If you could have magical powers what would they be and why? I would be able to teleport so that way I could........teleport?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would settle for the ability to talk readily to total strangers of the female kind.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I would be invisible so that I could mess with people.
But then I would be afraid it would turn out like Hollowman. I just wouldn't make as many enemies, and I wouldn't be as ugly as Kevin Bacon. [Big Grin]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going with the ability to teleport, that way i could go see my Girlfriend without driving 6 hours
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
Mind control, teleportation, self-resurrection, telekinesis, telepathy/empathy, the ability to rip through the fabric of time and space, control of lightning and electricity, light and dark sides of the Force, etc.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
All those...
And the ability to heal and make plants grow everywhere.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
*is reminded of the Monkey's paw thread*
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd like the ability to read books before they're written.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have the power to deny anyone else their own powers and use them for myself at will.

[Hat]

Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cheating! It's like using one of your three wishes to wish for more wishes!
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

No, because the limitation would be that I could only deny one person his or her powers, and as soon as I wanted to take on someone else's powers, I had to restore the first person's.

I'd use it for good! I wouldn't take flying from someone if they were in the air, I promise! [Smile]

Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] to Vid.

And dang you kaioshin00, you beat me to it!!!

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Well in that case... [Big Grin]
(Edit: to Vid)

[ December 30, 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: MidnightBlue ]

Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, dang you Kaioshin!
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like the ability to answer any question correctly and completely, even if it's a question I asked myself, and even if it's about the future.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
:plays with the TomDavidson 8 Ball:

"What should I do next?"
"Who loves ya, sweetheart?"
"Why?"
"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
"What's so special about 7-foot lizards, anyway?"

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom - Am I going to be beautiful when I grow up?

::shakes Tom vigorously and turns him upside down::

[ December 31, 2004, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be neat to have ears that enlarge and shrink at will. Good party trick n'stuff.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oooh! I wanna be able to wiggle my nose!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
ELJay, only if you post video of you trying to do it first.

It would be good for a laugh, I'm sure... [Big Grin]

:::gets a visual::

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Actually, I can wiggle the outside of my nose, but I want to be able to wiggle the middle. Like a bunny. I can't wiggle my ears at all. [Frown]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe you....have any pics or video to prove it? [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

How, exactly, could you prove that with a picture?

I now have three current and one future member of my family registered on hatrack. If you won't accept their testimony, I'm afraid you're just going to have to keep on not believing.

signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought about wanting the ability to control fire, but I don't smoke so the trick where you light a cigarette/cigar with your finger would go to waste. I also don't live anywhere with stuff to burn and what good is fire if you can't burn stuff with it? I thought about telepathy and mind control, but even I don't trust myself with that. I think it would be sweet to fly. Oh and maybe super human speed thrown in. Yup, that's all.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand* I can, in fact, wiggle my ears without touching them.

I'm with JT on the teleportation. Though my 37 hours beats your paltry 6. [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just talking about this earlier tonight with my friend. He wanted the ability to count really fast.

As for me, the only "super-power" I ever thought was really cool was being able to pause time. There was some Saturday morning live-action show about a girl who could do this that I used to watch when I was younger. I loved that idea...

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, you guys DON'T have super powers?
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to just be able to grab a person and know what they know instantly.
It would save so much time. Rather than spend 50 years learning Russian I'd just grab some Russian dude, put my hand on his head, and boom! Instant Russian!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
The ability to speed up or slow down time at will, coupled with eternal youth for me and my sweetie.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
Besides all the givens (superman or spiderman stuff), I would love to be fluent in every language.

[ December 31, 2004, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: babager ]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Some powers would be great to have so that I could find out the answers to nature-of-reality questions. Like super-microscopic sight, so that I could watch what was going on down at the quantum level.

Or time travel/super warp speed/super invulenerability, to be able to go all the way back to the start of the Big Bang and see what REALLY happened. (And, ideally, if there was a previous universe, travel back into that one to see what it was like and what happened to cause its end.)

(Then, if I was really bad, then I could hang out at quantum physics conferences, and make obnoxious comments like "Superstring theory? Yeah, right!")

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Right at this point in time, I wish my superpower would be to control the water, and be able to push back tsunamis before they reach the land......

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
I'd love to just be able to grab a person and know what they know instantly.
It would save so much time.

But wouldn't it also land you a lot of jail time? I mean, if you started grabbing the wrong person? So time would balance itself out, probably.

[ December 31, 2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm with JT on the teleportation. Though my 37 hours beats your paltry 6.
Um... 5000 miles and the entire Atlantic Ocean. I think I win.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Oh yeah, Raia? In that I'm not dating, I'd have to travel time and have the potential to have to travel the entire globe to reach my girlfriend. So I win.
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rather than spend 50 years learning Russian I'd just grab some Russian dude, put my hand on his head, and boom! Instant Russian!
Whoa.... I know Kung-fu.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Yeah. Instant kung fu... *Wistful*
I wish they'd invent something like that.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whoa.... I know Kung-fu.
For the last time ---
no you don't.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather be the Sovereign Duke of Paper than have some silly superpower. Imagine being the lord controller of all things paper.

I've spent too much time (a) watching Read Or Die and (b) reading Nobilis [Big Grin]

[edit because I don't remember how to make links work [Roll Eyes] ]

[ December 31, 2004, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if Jamie has the teleport power, I'm going to go ahead with telepathy/telekenisis. I like messing with her head.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
I like messing with her head.
I think that alone, T, will make you a great husband.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Then I mess with his brain in return.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'd just grab some Russian dude, put my hand on his head, and boom! Instant Russian!"

Ok, but what if the dude you grabbed was the Russian equivalent of Fat Albert's friend, Mushmouth?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Mack, shouldn't you be oput partying? I have an excuse, for Pete's sake.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

One friend had a family crisis. The rest all drink and so I stayed in, drew cartoons, and watched movies. [Smile]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I had a Bloody Mary, realized it is not much different than how my brain feels all the time now, and decided to read until we had a sparkling cider toast at midnight.

Let's see:
slurred speech-check
dizzy-check
stumbles-check
sleepy-check

I never have to drink again!

mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote: Whoa.... I know Kung-fu.

For the last time ---
no you don't.

Bah, beat me on the line.

For a power... Um... to instantly be able to help others feel better, no matter what their situation.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Goat: [Taunt]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.