FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you could have magical powers...... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you could have magical powers......
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever since I stood in a line halfway around the next block to see Star Wars in 1977, (I was 7 myself), I've wanted to be a Jedi. (Sure I know that there are people who have elevated their appreciation of the Jedi tradition and have turned it into a quasi-religion. And no, I do not want to to follow Jedi traditions in real life, even though there are those that do. I would want to be the true embodiment of a Jedi.)

I would cherish the padawan/master relationship and enjoy learning as much as teaching.

I would respect the power of the lightsaber and refrain from using it unless absolutely necessary.

I would feel the continual inner- struggle between good and evil and hope that my training and my very fabric of being would be enough to resist the dark side.

And I would hope that my hard work and dedication would make a difference in this world as I spend my life searching out perfection in my practice of being Jedi.

That and the cool robes and killer boots, no less.

[ January 01, 2005, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
My gamers and I discussed this and came up with the following list of D&D powers most useful in the real world!

Alter Self! Assume any shape or appearance of either sex within the scope of human norms. This one is the bomb, turn into a hot chick and become a stripper, change into a group of African Americans and rob banks.

Regeneration! Nuff said, save only that you do not age as well!

Teleportation! and along with it the ability to scry or Remote View locations to teleport too! (scout ahead)

Invisibility! just because it is the cool one!

Command! issue orders that bypass the ability to not obey.

Ultimate Orgasm! This one is not in the core rules but it causes an addictive orgasm that leaves the recipient craving more.

Telekinesis! For all the little things you want to do.

With this package a group or individuals could go pretty far in the world!

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I think having a healing power would be great. No more cancer deaths in my family!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to sense, understand, and speak the chemical languages of plants and animals and insects.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, I thought of that, too, but I figured my ability to answer any question nicely took care of that. I'd just ask myself, after someone completed "speaking," "What's the best translation into English for what they just said?" or "How is my lettuce feeling right now?"

[Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom -- except the only time that WOULDN'T work would be, say, if you're walking along a street and you're not able to hear the azalea bush yell to you "Watch out!" just before the bus jumps the curb...

(Of course, that's assuming that azaleas care that much about us. They might like squirrels better.)

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Superpower- I would want to be able to transform into any living thing. Between animals, plants, and members of the opposite gender......I would also want to be able to alter the appearance of the thing I become to fit any situation.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I'd like to know what the feelings of my lettuce are.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
*blinks*

What, no one replied to this one already?

Huh.

OK, I'll do it:

Kama, I'm sure any lettuce will die happily for the chance to be touched by your lips. [Razz]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
"Whoa.... I know Kung-fu."

... So hit me! Stop trying, and hit me!

Hehe...

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Combining two previous ideas: how about the power to give plants addictively good orgasms? Hmmm. [Razz]
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I changed my mind. I want the ability to be in two places at once. That would make my life so much easier.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard, you and I are the same age. Cool!

As for the powers, I would like all of Xena's abilities, the jumps, flips, sword twirls, pressure-point pinches, and her other skills like medical knowledge and so forth...without having to do that high-pitched scream to accomplish them.

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I would fix every aspect of my body that I am unhappy about. And not just the shallow ones like looks.

That would be power enough for me. [Frown]

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't anybody else just want the ability to fly? I think flying would be the bomb.

It would also be useful to have Elastigirl powers, to stretch and reach things far away.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could fly and have super-strength. Because then I could get a job that involved flying and having super-strength. Oh, and I could effing fly.

I'd pay extra for wings.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I would want a magical power that would allow me to create magical powers for myself.

Hahaha!

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
I want the ability to give people what they need the most
Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I always said that I would like to fly. I don't want to read other people's thoughts, that's just scary. Being able to go invisible would be cool, but I have a hard enought time getting people to notice me.

Besides, think of all the gas money you could save if you could fly. [Wink]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Teleportation. Think, and be there.

Plus, the ability to pull anything I want out of the air.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to orb like Paige from Charmed. It would be cool to orb myself or others, items, fireballs, and throw "orb balls" at my enemies. With all this whitelighter stuff, I don't see why healing wouldn't come in handy too.

EDIT: I think I'd save more gas than you Eruve [Wink]

[ April 07, 2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Altáriël of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I would choose the ability to shapeshift. Become the ultimate spy, live indefenitely, seeing as i could just get new organs. Get wings or gills whatever, go anywhere do anything. That and I would look like Ewan McGregor.
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool, but then, it would be hard to "hang on to yourself" you know.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, lately I've been on a WarCraft III fix and I can only think about the Heroes special abilities now so I'd have to say...

-Warden's 'blink'
-Priestess' 'starfall'
-Paladin's 'ressurect' (but we won't have to worry about that one in the future)
and -"Prancle's" (Keeper) 'force of nature' (create my own little tree minions like in LOTR)

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Personally I would choose the ability to shapeshift. Become the ultimate spy, live indefenitely, seeing as i could just get new organs. Get wings or gills whatever, go anywhere do anything. That and I would look like Ewan McGregor
SHAPESHIFTING?!? how'd I forget that one?
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
If everyone else got superpowers, I would want the same as Rogue's. To be able to steal other's powers by touch. Just think of what could happen if I turned evil!

[ April 07, 2005, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Everyone talking about flight reminded me of the book I'm reading right now, Jame Patterson's When the Wind Blows . I think its really good.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The only power I've ever wanted, ever REALLY wanted, was the power of flight.

That's all. Gimme that, I'm gold.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always favored shapeshifting myself. When I say "always", I mean that literally....I have dreamed (in my sleep, I mean) of changing shape since before I was five years old, possibly much earlier.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If everyone else got superpowers, I would want the same as Rogue's. To be able to steal other's powers by touch. Just think of what could happen if I turned evil!
She didn't "steal" them, she "borrowed" them. [Wink]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know everything without my mind being destroyed.

Flight would do in a pinch, though. [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
The ability to understand what people really mean when they speak.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I would have the ability to have all the money thrown away in the U.S. put directly to my bank account. Yes, that would be sweet.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I would have the ability to have a super power.
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have a power I'll call the domino effect. What would happen is everything would always go my my. A series of small unrelated events would combine to ensure that things always go my way. Think of it this way: A hacker, while randomly surfing the web, would come upon a tool to hack the trafic manangment sowtware for cities, but only cities with outdated software. Meanwhile in the city I happen live in the IT department have become addicted to Hatrack, so instead of updating their software they are to busy posting. Back to the hacker, after a long seach he only finds one city with outdated software and hacks it. he randomly turns green light red and red lights green. The practical upshot is every light I come to is green while every street I drive on is virtually empty.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.