FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Humorous little kid quips

Author Topic: Humorous little kid quips
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
"I always confuse Saturday and Thursday because they both start with an S."
-my 5-year-old brother this morning. (more effective when you can properly impersonate his speech impediment)

"I hate whole wheat sandwiches. Don't we have any half wheat?"
-brother again [Smile]

[ January 11, 2005, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for Off Topicity, but "speech impediment" reminded me of Billy Connolly.

Parkinson: "So, Billy, I heard that your wife - who will be joining us later - has written a biography of you?"

Billy: "Oh yes! Bravemouth! I loved that book! It's so damn funny!"

As a note, I think it was Chapter Six that was entitled: "It's not a f***ing speech impediment! It's an accent!"

Ah, Connolly...

Another funny case: my mother can't tell the difference between Billy Cloose (that's how she calls him) and Basil Connolly. So my uncle pointed out "John ClEEse is seven feet tall and has a Nazi moustache. Billy Connolly is short, Scottish, and has long reddish-white hair - and a goatee - both half-dyed f***ing purple".

Sorry for the Off Topicity, but I has to stick it in! So funny (when heard)!

JH

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mom, when can we go to Disney World?"

"Some day, Hon."

"I'm going to do a lot of things on that day."

(My daughter, at age 3: remains my favorite saying)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
"Then we'll call it The Penultimate Supper."
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
When my little sister was young, she pronounced food "pood".

The great part was that my Dad loved it so much he adopted it, and would say to her, "Come on Hannah, let's go get some pood!"

to which she would reply, "It's not pood, Daddy, it's POOD!!"

It was just so cute that she knew that pood wasn't right, but she just couldn't manage the f. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

The Fenultimate Supper! (Overdone?)
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I always confuse Saturday and Thursday because they both start with an S."
-my 5-year-old brother this morning

See, that's cute coming from a 5-year-old...

FLASHBACK:

It's junior year of high school. I'm sitting in AP Language getting a story told to us by our teacher, who teaches two sections of AP Lang (2nd and 5th hour, I'm in 5th). It involves one of my good friends, who apparently gave the following quote:

"You know, it's in Idaho... Iowa... Ohio... one of those states that starts with 'I'."

When I saw her later that afternoon, I asked her about it. She actually did say that. She was 16.

(She's now 21, and we haven't let her forget it. [Wink] )

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
"Dad, can you come help me?"
"In a second."
"A second sure is a long time."
-- my son and I

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Liz, I love the someday quote... too cute!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, that quote makes me think of my daughter's favorite Dr. Suess story, The First of Octember. I fear that she really does think there is a first of Octember when every wonderful thing she could ever want will happen that day.

I love that quote...it sounds like something my girl would say.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Lasy week my 7 year old turned to me, ourt of the blue, and asked, "Do dragons have balls?". I stood there for a minute trying to figure out how to answer him, then asked what kind of balls he was thinking of.. "Oh you know, the kind where they put on fancy dress and dance". I told him I didn't think so.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
In my daughter's class, the kids have to read a phonics book and answer some comprehension questions. I asked one of the kids the question,
"Why did the frog drop the mops?"

The correct answer was part of the story, because he was afraid of the cops. But her answer was "Because he was constipated."

Edit: This is a first grade class.

[ January 11, 2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Amka ]

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orietrop
Member # 7259

- posted      Profile for orietrop   Email orietrop         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] @ dragon balls
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
dpr, that was hiliarious!
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
DPR, too funny.

I have never seen that First of Octember book, and here I live in the native land of Dr. Seuss!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
We are in JCPenney right now, and Cor is in the fitting room, and the girls are outside with me, and they are pretending to get dressed up, and Banana says to Mango, "Do I look beautiful, or do I look fat?"

:-/

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patsy
Member # 5699

- posted      Profile for Patsy   Email Patsy         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, the First of Octember is a fun story. Along the lines of Someday, everything wonderful, anything you could ever wish for or imagine happens or comes true on the first of Octember. And what a day it will be when it comes 'round. I think I got it with a set of Dr Suess books at Costco.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm gonna do it all by myself! Will you help me?"--a three-year-old I taught swim lessons to

"And that baby's name was Jesus; can I have a cookie?!"--Olivia's five-year-old while listening to a Christmas story

Then there's my friend's little brother, who at ten stated that "friends with benefits" means "being friends with really stupid people" and "hooking up" means "calling someone." At three he also proclaimed "When I grow up, I'm going to eat pasta!"

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

It might be one of those books published by the Cat in the Hat company, but not actually by Dr. Seuss - the P.D. Eastman ones are like that.

Icky, if you ever get tired of Banana and Mango, I'll gladly take them off your hands. [Smile]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine worked in a daycare for a while in college. They had these big chipboard cards with line drawing in them, in which an element of the drawing was wrong--a rabbit would have wheels in place of legs or something like that--and the kids were supposed to figure out what the incorrect element was. She held up one card that had a dog with a carrot for a tail, and asked the class what was wrong with the picture. They looked at it for a second and one little boy shouted "he's got a carrot up his butt!"
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had this conversation with my 15 year old brother

quote:
brother: GOP?
me: its the republican party nickname
brother: why?
me: stands for grand old party
brother: oh
brother: i thought it was George Outrageously-good President

[ January 11, 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: newfoundlogic ]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one I particularly enjoyed over Thanksgiving. Alisha is myself, Ashley is my 17 year old sister, and Amanda is my 10 year old sister.

Alisha: It’s like there’s no end to these cheesy game shows that no one’s ever heard of.
Ashley: Well, it’s the Game Show Network.
Alisha: Oh.
Amanda: So that’s what GSN stands for.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's not a SHEEP. It's a LAMB. L-A-M-E. LAMB!"
-Neighbor (from a few years ago)

(edit: She was seven.)

[ January 12, 2005, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend Austin (who has a brother named Jason two years younger than he and a sister who is four years younger) said that his baby sister's first words were, "Not funny, guys!"

She was, of course, addressing Austin and Jason. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid my father promised to go do something with me, I can't remember what it was though. Anyway he said that we would go tomorrow, and for weeks I asked, "Is it tomorrow yet?"
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SausageMan
Member # 5134

- posted      Profile for SausageMan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Then there's my friend's little brother, who at ten stated that "friends with benefits" means "being friends with really stupid people"
[ROFL]
Posts: 48 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night at dinner:

3-yr-old: Poop. POOP!
Me: Jesse, we don't talk about poop at the table.
3-yr-old: That's okay. I'll just talk about diarrhea.

edit: I knew that spelling didn't look right.

[ January 12, 2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Diarrhea.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, yeah. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] PSI!!!!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Okay, I'll admit it. I don't know how to spell diarrhea.

Although, now I do, and I doubt I'll ever forget it. It's like the first four letters of the word diary, and the name Rhea.

Now we're cooking.

Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
ooh...diarrhea and cooking in the same post?? [Eek!]

Edit: I can't spell it either [Razz]

[ January 12, 2005, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Lisha-princess ]

Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
When we were potty-training our first child (she was two), we had a chart on the fridge that she could put a sticker on whenever she went to the potty. She had a little friend over one afternoon, and was so busy playing that she didn't make it to the potty and peed on the futon.

My wife said, "Do you know why I'm so sad? You didn't go pee-pee in the potty, so you can't get a sticker." My daughter turned to her friend and said, "oh, poor mommy!"

I use this example to illustrate "problem ownership"

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pseudo-hobbit
Member # 7269

- posted      Profile for pseudo-hobbit   Email pseudo-hobbit         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite comes from Sarah, the daughter of a friend of the family. She was about six at the time and had recently moved into her grandma's house. When I was over visiting, she looked a little too intently at my chest.

Sarah: "When I grow up I want to order breasts as big as yours."

[Confused]

When I told my dad about it later, he laughed and said her grandma left a lot of catalogs lying around the house. Sarah probably found a Victoria's Secret and thought it was selling the breasts too.

Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.