FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 1st Annual Hatrack Six Rejections Game (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 1st Annual Hatrack Six Rejections Game
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
This game's too political.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! I totally forgot about this..

I *did* manage to put together three rejections before my currently pleasant situation emerged... and I suppose it could change anytime, but for the moment I will be watching from the sidelines, yes. [Smile]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fiazko:
[Frown] I want to play. But--

1) I'm too chicken to ask anyone out.
2) All the guys I know are either too young, too old or taken, except for one...
3) ...and that's a delicate situation (i.e. I'm too chicken).

I am wondering who I was thinking of when I originally posted this. Obviously, that situation didn't go anywhere. The really amusing thing is that I am currently in a very similar state. (I'm still to chicken to ask anyone out. [Smile] )
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Harumph! The whole point of the game is to get you to not be chicken anymore!

In all seriousness, asking someone out is not a huge deal, and if you did it more often, you'd realize that... which is why I started the game. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

We, twinky, there is also still the severe lack of prospects as well as countless other lame excuses I can come up with. [Smile]
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Psh, every word of that is true. You've just got your timeline mixed up.

That I'm 100%, of course, goes without saying. I owe it all to good scouting reports [Wink]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Originally posted by fiazko:
We, twinky, there is also still the severe lack of prospects as well as countless other lame excuses I can come up with. [Smile]

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Some part of you must want to play the game, otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back to this thread. I totally don't buy this "severe lack of prospects" crap, either. [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by BtL:
Psh, every word of that is true. You've just got your timeline mixed up.

o_O

For certain definitions of "single," I suppose. But then, that's like saying "zero times anything is zero... except for very large values of zero." [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by BtL:
That I'm 100%, of course, goes without saying. I owe it all to good scouting reports [Wink]

You misspelled "I owe it all to being too much of a pansy to pursue anything."

[Wink]

You do have to admit that you exhibit a tendency to be the pursued rather than the pursuer.

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For certain definitions of "single," I suppose. But then, that's like saying "zero times anything is zero... except for very large values of zero."
I comfort myself in knowing that if she were asked if we were dating she'd be equally confused of how to answer the question [Wink]

quote:
You do have to admit that you exhibit a tendency to be the pursued rather than the pursuer.
What the heck did you think I meant by "good scouting reports"!? [Razz]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Some girls: "Are you guys single?"

BtL: "None of us are."

I rest my case. [Wink]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of interest, did this thread wind up producing any actual relationships? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think so. Heck I don't think it ended up producing any dates, just a bunch of people saying they were too chicken to ask people out or there weren't any prospects around. [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Tom:

Only if you count Jim's, I think. He didn't update the thread, but he certainly embodies the spirit in which it was intended. [Smile] Also, rivka is actively looking and I think that's great. [Smile] [Smile]

It seems to me, though, that that wasn't the question you were actually asking.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not qualify to play this game. I am, quite happily, watching from the sidelines.

I am currently torn between running around telling Hatrack everything and the stringent bounds of Kat's Rule of Life. *amused* I think the rule of life is winning, but I still like the idea of this game. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey kat. . . your rule of life doesn't specify you can't spill over at sakeriver, does it? [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
*Edited to be a good person, sorry no more post*
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
Also, rivka is actively looking and I think that's great. [Smile] [Smile]

Mm. Glad someone does. *mildly depressed about there actually being anyone out there who will say yes (at least that I want to [Wink] )*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I re-read this thread today. From what ElJay posted on the first page, you've only been actively looking for most of this year. With a potential dating pool as small as yours, I think it's much too soon to be getting discouraged. Far from it! I think you should be pleased with your progress. [Smile]
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The best part about the game is that it's impossible to lose, because not only do you win if you get to six rejections, you also win when someone says yes, because then you've got yourself a hot date.

quote:
If married people want to play, I'll count their scores -- however, I accept no responsibility for any ensuing divorces.

I think these two statements are contradictory...
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

quote:
Some part of you must want to play the game, otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back to this thread.
*leaves thread in a huff*

[Wink]

Yes, I want to play. I said as much, but my chickenness is too strong.

rivka
Member # 4859

Hmph. I'm chicken too. If I can play, so can you. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Indeed.

Chickenness is no excuse.

fiazko
Member # 5812

Ok then, how about "I don't have time"?

Like I said, I've got an entire stash of lame excuses.

rivka
Member # 4859

I believe I would win the lame excuses game. [Wink]
fiazko
Member # 5812

I don't know, rivka. You're already winning this one. Can you do both? [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

It will be difficult. But I will have to grit my teeth and try.
twinky
Member # 693

Lame excuses are, well, lame.
fiazko
Member # 5812

And yet, we wonder why I'm dateless. Hmmm...
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, I think it's still a great idea. It's not a race, but you're keeping the possibility open. So that's perfect. [Smile]

To stop being coy about the above, I am dating Matt, who met me in New York for this past weekend.

[ November 02, 2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avery Good Schreibner
Member # 8772

- posted      Profile for Avery Good Schreibner           Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to play but, geesh, the cards are stacked. I mean, I always get those polite yes-but's. So, I think I'm being rejected even though they say yes. Then when we do meet up, like met you at such-and-such a place, it's "Hi! Great to see you again! Oh! man. Look at the time. Gotta run. Hey, let's meet again!" Then, it's back to those cash-and-carry dates.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.