FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Long Hair Support Group Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Long Hair Support Group Thread
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet, a thread I belong in! [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
School4ever
Member # 5575

- posted      Profile for School4ever   Email School4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Foundling, the same thing happened to me when I was six. I refuse to let anyone cut my hair anymore. Unfortunately, my hair's maximum length is getting shorter as I get older, so while it used to grow past my waist, right now it is only to the middle of my back.

(Everyone, please don't try to tell me that trimming my hair will make it grow longer. I let my cousin cut off six inches and it has not gotten any longer in the two years since I allowed her to do that.)

Posts: 188 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Space Opera, at four years old, my sister's hair was longer than mine at 11 (I had never cut it). It was GORGEOUS. She was too little to be able to take care of it properly.

I cried when she got it cut.

Now, though, I think short hair suits her better. Of course, now, she's grown it out again. She's twelve. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm maybe joining the support group and maybe leaving...

In short, I'm considering cutting my hair again. Short, that is.

[Smile]

I have very curly (ringlet-y curly) very dark hair. I had it long all through high school and first year uni, flirted with various shortish cuts second and third year and then fourth year had it cut pixie-short

I grew it out for my wedding - after a bit over a year of growing out it is on my shoulders dry (and curly) and halfway down my shoulderblades wet/straight. Pinned up here, but the general idea is there.

Thing is, though I like being able to play with it (as Katie said, styling is easy with curly hair) I am sick of the maintainence. Conditioner. Hair masks. Just the hot icky feeling on the back of your neck.

So... I'm considering going short again.

Advice? Opinions? Anything?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

I have an Anything: Your hair is absolutely gorgeous either way!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Like imogen, I have also been considering cutting my hair. It's currently a bit past shoulder length when wet (considerably shorter when dry), and very thick. It's actually easier to put up and under (snood, hat, wig, whatever) when it's long-ish.

But I'm getting tired of dealing with it, and it's not like I have anyone to keep it long for. And there are a couple hats I have that I can only wear when my hair is shorter.

Then again, I do like it long. I have really great hair, and I do hope to have someone who will appreciate it before it would have next grown out if I were to cut it short now.

But it was really easy when I cut it all off . . .

*ponders*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Same here, Rivka.

Plus pixiing my hair was something I'd been planning on doing since junior year in high school, but I wanted to do it when I was Ready. And boy, am I.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie cuts all the way!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

[Big Grin]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know absolutely nothing when it comes to women's hair or clothes, but here are some links.

The Long Hair Site [URL=
The Long Hair World
Long Hair Lovers Hair Boutique

Hope this helps.

[ March 06, 2005, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I had pixie cuts (or slightly longer bobs) most of the way through junior high and high school. Then I grew it long in 11th and 12th.

The year after that, I asked someone to trim my split ends. She talked me into 2-3 inches . . . and cut off EIGHT. It's been 13 years, and I still haven't entirely forgiven her.

Before she cut it, it was midway down my back (and longer when wet). It hasn't been that long since, and while short tempts me, so does growing it that long again.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.