FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ElJay, will you go out with me?

Author Topic: ElJay, will you go out with me?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear ElJay, I think you are attractive, fun, and in general a cool chickie. I would like to go dancing with you sometime. Does the first Saturday in May work for you? I'll have a big pole in place for you to dance around...
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

[Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...ok.

And to what ancient and pagan God should I offer my thanks for the mental images currently bounding through the depths of my depraved imagination? [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
See the May Revel thread, Boon. It's a Maypole.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Goddess, Trevor. Goddess. [Roll Eyes] Sheesh!
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I know.

But that still didn't keep my mind from bouncing into the gutter first.

Sorry. [Dont Know]

[Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think any Goddess would want to be associated with my mental images, but ok. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh like Jenny, ElJay, Ralphie, Kama and all the others don't like being coy with us boys, eh? Seriously, I think it's like crack to them.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Look, I started a thread where you can all ask ElJay out. For those shy boys in the other thread (the "How do you do it?" thread. I thought I'd give an example, and tease ElJay at the same time.

Besides, I really WOULD like her to come to my May Revel, and for the above listed reasons. I think ElJay is fun to be with.

[ April 02, 2005, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Jenny Gardener ]

rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
So, is that...

"Compliment, Compliment, Compliment, request, request idea, idea refinement."

I'm just a touch confused.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
And then people wonder why I don't post in this forum ... [Kiss]

No, really - we think our greatest service to mankind on http://www.hatrack.com is that occasionally people to meet here and find true love. Go for it.

[ April 02, 2005, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: Orson Scott Card ]

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, I will not only take you dancing but I will wine and dine you if you make it to Australia.

So, whadda 'bout it?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to point out that I already have dibs on some unspecified future summer day with the mint juleps and the Jennifer Tilly dress. [Big Grin]

[ April 02, 2005, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, really - we think our greatest service to mankind on http://www.hatrack.com is that occasionally people to meet here and find true love
I agree. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
How long has it been since you've posted something that didn't have anything what-so-ever to do with Annie?

Gah, Mormons in love.

[ April 02, 2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: jebus202 ]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Plus I remember her being good with a jackhammer.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Ah, but you see, I wield a secret weapon: the illicit Vosges Red Fire Bar.

Oh, sweet bejimminy.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a second....Jenny asks ELJay out, and OSC posts saying go for it?

Hmmm....could be a new article in War Watch about the whole gay thing next week...... [Big Grin]

Sorry, couldn't resist... [Razz] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, kwea, it startled me too [Razz]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey CT, what does a Jennifer Tilly dress look like?
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe ElJay prefers the dark side. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

A Jen Tilly dress. See also girly girl and spunky. Mine is a wonderful dress, and my husband immediately identified it as a "Jennifer Tilly." I am rationing it for important occasions.

You will note, of course, that Vosges Red Fire Bar is a meltingly smooth dark chocolate with hints of fiery pepper and sweet cinnamon. I have great faith in its magnetic powers.

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
*gapes* Wow. [Eek!] That's a helluva dress!

Thanks for providing more than one link. I was "forbidden" to go to the first link. Unfortunately, your chocolate link has got my cravings going and I must "away" to the nearest vendor to satiate the chocolate beast inside.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*solemnly

Yes, this type of dress is not to be worn lightly. Many a man has died under such influence. Cardiac arrest and all. I reserve it for my husband (who is a man of great fortitude) and my female friends, due to the legal risks.

Man, I knew I was a chocolate snob, but that was the best $6 I've spent in a long while. We're rationing the Fire Bar too. [Smile]

[ April 03, 2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember when we showed ElJay this thread.

Boy, that was fun [Wink]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, she turned such interesting colors . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, I think you're really keen too, but I'm afraid I'm busy that weekend. May I take a raincheck? I'll put you on my calendar for the first weekend in May, 2006, and come revel with you with impunity. I have a floaty dress and beads in mind already...

-------

imogen, while your offer is tempting, my pocketbook just won't allow it. You're on my list of people I will meet someday, and if you do come to the US sometime I will happily organize your Con if you want to have it in Minneapolis. T-shirts and everything.

--------

CT, by virtue of living the closest, you're still on. [Wink] Besides, I want to meet your husband.

--------

Jay, but I'm also one of those pinko liberal bleeding-heart types. Sorry about that.

--------

fugu and rivka, to be fair, I walked into the room slightly after midnight and about three people yelled "ElJay! Jenny Gardener asked you out! You're going pole-dancing, and OSC said go for it!" Don't you think you'd have turned a few colors?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
She exaggerates.

Not by very much, though. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you trying to say I wouldn’t go out with a pinko liberal bleeding-heart type? Fooie! Guess you missed some of the lunch thread where I was talking about the Shop and Save deli girl!
If I limited on such fickle things I’d never have a date!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

ElJay, you are worth waiting for. And if OSC says "Go for it!", well.... [Evil Laugh]

You know I love you, girl!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.