FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobNDanaCon wrap-up: Follow-ups, stories, and picture links. :) madowl link on page 2 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BobNDanaCon wrap-up: Follow-ups, stories, and picture links. :) madowl link on page 2
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*admires* Jamie, you really are an incredible photographer. Have you thought about doing it as a profession? These are amazing.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] I totally forgot to give that to you, too... I'll get on AIM and send it to you.

(FREAKS OUUUUUT!!!)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I met Bob and Dana!!!! [Party]

They are in London and safe and happy and all newly-wed-y. They have rented a lovely apartment in Sloane Square for two weeks - it's small, but tastefully furnished and in the posh part of London and cheaper than hotels. They need sleep, which is what I imagine they are doing now.

I met them at their apartment at 4 this afternoon London time and we walked up to South Kensington past some furniture shops (Bob had to hold on to Dana so she didn't disappear inside every single one - they are intending to go to Harrods tomorrow). We stood around for a bit by the V&A deciding whether to do museums or Hyde Park and Dana decided that we should do the park. We'd talked non-stop up to this point and indeed continued to do so all evening - I can't recall in detail everything we talked about but it was fun and much laughter was shared and I don't think Bob made many puns. Anyway after almost getting run over by silly London drivers a few times we made it in to the park and walked around and watched ducks play in the Serpentine and dogs play in the park and sat on a bench and talked more and then walked back out of the park.

I'd already suggested going for dinner at the Kensington Creperie - it's a tiny little place that's always packed and always serves fantastic food. We popped in earlier to see if they took bookings but they didn't, so we just chanced our luck at about 6 and found a table. It filled up not long after, though. We had a savoury and a sweet crepe each and Bob kept complimenting the food, which made me happy. We still hadn't stopped talking - there were no awkward silences at all. They are both lovely people and it was wonderful to meet them. Bob wouldn't let me pay my share of the bill, even when I told him not to be daft (for which he made fun of my accent). I walked back to their apartment with them, via a very small Tesco's (supermarket) - they bought coffee and quiches for breakfast. I managed to forget my camera completely and Dana left hers at the apartment so when we got back there we had the guy at the front desk take a picture of us. I imagine they'll send it to ludosti to be put on foobonic when they get back. All in all, it was a fantastic evening with two fantastic people (who are so in love with each other it's amazing).

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
26 more!

*blush* Thanks, all.

Katie, yeah, I'm actually in the process of forming a real photography business right now.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, I do? Uh . . . I just let yahoo do autocomplete. I only think it thought it knew one address for you. [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
mack's photos reminded me...

....we should mention Bob's nephew -- who could really really dance! Like RiverDance! That boy could move! I hope someone got video.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Yeah, rivka, 'cause we e-mailed about the SteveRogers quiz thing. But it's eljay@ as well, and after hotmail in the alphabet, so yahoo woulda picked the hotmail one.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, and nephew Shane was tap dancing... Irish step dancing (Riverdance) has little to no upper body movement. He was pretty incredible, wasn't he? The second time, when the band invited him to come dance to Putting On The Ritz, I think it was all improvised.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh. I'm sad I missed that. He was a good lookin' kid.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
...and 26 more.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ya know, he's Ivygirl's age...

[Big Grin]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Aah! run! A matchmaker!

[Razz]

Actually, I'm all for happy couples, though the disgustingly cute ways they smile at each other, hold each other, and get married to each other can get on a single person's nerves [Wink]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

...and he is really cute...
[Evil]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I was just throwing it out there for general information. *smilessweetly*

And let me again say what wonderful pictures these are, Jamie! So much fun!

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hands fugu a puppy. See! Unconditional love.
[Wink]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

FG, he lives in California, is the thing. But maybe when Bob & dkw are back from their honeymoon I'll suggest they should suggest he join Hatrack. [Big Grin] Of course, we'll be pointing all the relatives to madowl for the pics, anyway. Hmmmmm. I think I'll get Mary's email addy from Mom and do that once they're all up.
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are so mean, picking on me when I'm not even here, geez. [No No] I'll have to get a boyfriend just so you guys can't do this anymore. [Taunt]

Ivygirl

Edit: What about the pics, anyway?

[ April 05, 2005, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: IvyGirl ]

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that what they are trying to do? [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ivy, if you'd just ask that guy to prom, I wouldn't have to try to set you up with the cute Scopatz nephew who dances and has great hair.

[Wink]

Edit: And since when does this count as picking on you!?! I think you're great, and he seems pretty neat. I fail to see how there is any picking involved. [Razz]

[ April 05, 2005, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Actually, I know at least FG will try and set me up even if I DO ask the other guy to prom. Which I'm going to ask him if he's going, and if he says no, then I'm going to say he has to, he has no choice. I will drag him kicking and screaming if I must. [Big Grin] I'm such a kind person.

Ivygirl

Edit: [Blushing] Thanks. All I know bout the guy though is that he can dance. *shrug* Makes dating rather difficult.

[ April 05, 2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: IvyGirl ]

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Someone better call her bluff -- no way she's going to have the courage to ask him...
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Silence, you.
ElJay
Member # 6358

dkw talked to him a bit when she was in CA meeting the family. She said he was very nice, and smart, and funny, and all that. What else would you expect from one of Bob's nephews?

But good luck asking the other guy out! Are you sure you don't want to start with asking instead of demanding, though? Your call.

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
He can dance, what else do you really need to know?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

See - this is what happens when a girl is raised with two older brothers. She just doesn't know how to flirt and be nice. [Smile]
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Ooh, two prospective boyfriends! [Evil] He sounds cool. *shrug* I dunno.

Technically, I'm not asking the other guy out, per say, I'm just encouraging him greatly to go to prom. [Big Grin] And don't worry, the ordering thing works very well for me. I'm not allowed to date anyway, so I can't ask him out. Besides, he'd just say no. Why bother?

Ivy

ElJay
Member # 6358

I highly recommend eyelash batting. Keeps 'em off-guard.

Edit: Wrong attitude! He'll say yes.

[ April 05, 2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Maybe that's why I've never had a boyfriend. Haven't batted my eyelashes enough. [Evil Laugh]

Ivy

Tis the truth

Edit: BTW, with this one, I don't have to bat my eyelashes to keep him off-guard. [Evil]

[ April 05, 2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: IvyGirl ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Whoa! JUST WHO said you aren't allowed to date? I specifically gave you permission to have a date to the prom....

yes -- I'm leaving work now. I promise. Was supposed to leave 15 minutes ago...
..so we will quit de-railing this thread.

Farmgirl

[ April 05, 2005, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*adds to notes: eyelash batting == good*

[Wink]

*thinks back over weekend*

I wonder what flower-hitting signifies . . .

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Okay, I knew FG has a bad memory, but seriously!

"You can't date until you're 16, period."

Sheesh. I won't mind that rule being changed. [Big Grin]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Usually that the maid of honor is a brat, I think.

[Razz]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Ivy, how long until you're 16?
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

On your birthday this year, remember? [Big Grin]
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found throwing shoes at them works pretty well, never hit flowers (or hit with flowers).

Ivy, my cousin was told "no dating till you're sixteen" then the day she turned sixteen her mom said "well maybe 15 and a half would have been ok." I was just told "not till i say you're ready" and hopefully the parents just forgot to say I was ready.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*laugh* Oh yeah...

*notes calendar*

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Well, if my mom did it when I was ready, I would've been dating awhile ago. I think it's more when SHE'S ready for me to date. Which means when I'm 40. [Big Grin]

Also, FG did say that I could go to prom with this guy, so I don't know whether or not that's really dating. Hmmm....

lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to prom with a boy, but refuse to consider it dating. And yeah I get the 40 thing, I think my parents will be comfortable around the time I'm 30.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

Lucy, how old are you right now?
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

19, and I'm not new, I just switched sn's for a while.
mackillian
Member # 586

...26 more...
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, golly. Just busted out crying. Thanks a lot, large beer I drank, tripled with Mack's photos and Bob and Dana being together.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

mack, you're really cruising! Wow!
rivka
Member # 4859

ElJay, I thought I had another eddress of yours. Odds are it's even in my address book . . . but I confess to being lazy enough to let yahoo look for me. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*giggle* Well, delete the hotmail one, and then it will find the right one. I only check hotmail about once a week, or when someone tells me to. The other one I check, um, regularly. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

*goes off to test it*

Ok, not only do both come up, the non-hotmail one is first. [Dont Know] Ok, so I'm an idiot. [Wink]

mackillian
Member # 586

jebus christmas, 26 more.

...time for a break...

ElJay
Member # 6358

Lovely, lovely pics. Crazy photographer, working so hard. [Wink]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are our pics:

Wedding Pics (Note: the wedding pics start about halfway down, and continue onto the next page.)

Pics of Sophie

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
More and more pictures. I love it! Thank you, Mack . . . the "official" pictures are truly awesome. And thanks, too, to all of the rest of you picture posters. It's such fun to see other people's views of the wedding (my view was pretty limited - or focused - or both). [Big Grin]

And I loved hearing about amira tharani's visit with Bob'n'Dana in London.

What a friendly place to hang out!

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.