FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Homosexuality in America (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Homosexuality in America
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]

Welcome to the most hateful 'progressive' countries out there.

If there's one thing the last US election proved, besides that America DOES, in fact, want Bush - it's that homosexuality has no place in America. I find this, firstly, completely disgraceful. Secondly, I cannot helpt but look at Americans, through the actions of their politicians, with contempt and scorn.

Is the issue of gay marriage an example of floccinaucinihilipilification? I don't think so. I think the issue is serious, is important, and is not being treated properly.

So welcome to America. We accept you, unless you're gay! [Big Grin] Gay people go to hell!

Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Um yeah, feel better now?

Or do you actually expect anyone to discuss anything with you?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you not want to discuss this?
Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I didn't personally think you wanted to discuss, just pontificate.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

Just because I view myself as beign on a higher moral ground then America doesn't mean I won't stoop to have a conversation with an American. [Wink]
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
And that attitude is why no one will discuss it with you. [Razz]

Besides, this is a topic that's been beaten to death. Do you have anything new to add?

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, because there was such a clear majority during the last election. What was it, something like 90%+ for Bush? Yeah, that's it.

And of COURSE, any conservative who doesn't believe homosexuals should be legally allowed to marry MUST be gay-hating bigots. Because there could not possibly be any other reason to believe that way.

It's all SO clear to me now.

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

If my country was committing human rights violations I'd talk about it.
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

And. Bush won a clear majority. There's no denying that. You can't hide behind the 'Hate the white house, not Amerians' like you did in his first 4 years.

Also, and I want to make this very clear: any conservative who doesn't believe homosexuals should be legally allowed to marry is a gay-hating bigot. It's that simple.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
any conservative who doesn't believe homosexuals should be legally allowed to marry is a gay-hating bigot. It's that simple.
Wow. Will you use your psychic powers to next determine why people oppose or support minimum sentences for convicted murderers?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, and I want to make this very clear: any conservative who doesn't believe homosexuals should be legally allowed to marry is a gay-hating bigot. It's that simple.
I see the world differently now. Thank you for clearing things up. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
::Throws confetti::

Hurrah for gay people!

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

Sure thing, big fella. It all depends on who the individual assosiates themselves with more: the convict or the victem. And if you think that should be an easy desision, you're very wrong.

If I killed someone I'd want my sentence to be short. If someone was coming after me next I'd want his sentence to be long.

But please, stick to the topic at hand. In case you needed a reminder: it's your country being a disgrace.

Katarain
Member # 6659

What country are you from?
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Actually, the topic at hand is your inability to talk rationally or politely on a complex, controversial subject, as well as your incredible arrogance in thinking you understand the motivations of millions of people.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
any conservative who doesn't believe homosexuals should be legally allowed to marry is a gay-hating bigot. It's that simple.
At least with these tactics, you'll never have a real discussion with anybody who disagress with you.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Which means, Port, he'll never be wrong.

In the crayon colored corner of his world, I suppose.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

That's right crayons!

Because you're a child!

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What country are you from?

Sadly, he's Canadian. Puts the "Canadians are nice and polite" myth to rest, eh?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
aaron:

If you would like to have a serious discussion on any topic on this forum, you need to seriously examine the way you open your discussion topic and the tone of your post.

At the present, you have been behaving like a troll.

[ April 11, 2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Why must we feed the troll? Clearly, all he wants is attention. Can we not post on this offensive topic any more and just wait for it to be deleted. We shouldn't even be discussing this.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

quote:
If I killed someone I'd want my sentence to be short. If someone was coming after me next I'd want his sentence to be long.
[ROFL]

And he expects to be taken seriously.

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, it's a slow post day.

At least he's more entertaining than Irami.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

Sounds like a pretty logical statement to me. [Dont Know]
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

This thread has recieved nothing but sarcasm. No one has addressed the answer at hand. I hardly think that it is my fault that no conversation has come from this thread yet.

"Dag" - was this little comment of yours you talking "rationally or politely on a complex, controversial subject"?

quote:
Wow. Will you use your psychic powers to next determine why people oppose or support minimum sentences for convicted murderers?
I'm not arrogant because I'm not Amiercan, I'm thankful.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
In all seriousness SA, what response do you expect and/ want from your post? Are you trying to convince people, do you want people to post in agreement? What is it that you think you can accomplish through that post? I'm really asking. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Wow, that was about 7 posts between when I clicked "post reply" and when my post appeared. I wonder how many this time. [Angst]

[EDIT: Fine, none. Blah. Everyone just go ahead and stop posting after I do, I don't mind]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ April 11, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
"Dag" - was this little comment of yours you talking "rationally or politely on a complex, controversial subject"?
Nope, because my comment wasn't about a complex or controversial subject. It was about you: simplistic, and non-controversial, since almost everyone seems to think much the same thing about you.

Dagonee

sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

I'd settle for an opinion.

So far the most interesting response has been from "Teshi" - who has shown that I may be hitting rather close to the mark with my gay-hating bigot remark. This topic of conversation is, according to him/her: "offensive".

Katarain
Member # 6659

quote:
Eh, it's a slow post day.

At least he's more entertaining than Irami.

-Trevor

Well, this guy could learn a few things from Irami. I haven't read all of Irami's posts about things, but I have noticed his views are at least well thought out and he's capable of an intelligent conversation--even if it seems nobody agrees with him.

-Katarain

Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
edit: 'cuz I shouldn't feed the trolls.

[ April 11, 2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Portabello ]

Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [ROFL]

EDIT: If I'm an American gay-hating conservative bigot, someone goofed.

[ April 11, 2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

sexy_aaron, the mistake of religious people isn't that they hold homosexuality as evil. Good and evil are not exactly set in stone. But that they feel the sanctity of marriage is more important then the happiness of homosexuals.

I'd like to see some christians get down and wash some damn feet.

(And yes, that is an opinion, before angry people get angry.)

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I sympathize with Aaron. I feel rage about this every day.
I say let him vent for a little. It is a terrible situation.

Now Aaron, after the declaration of your standings and your raging at the world of sin, we must calm down and talk to folks who think differently, and there are quite a few on Hatrack as in the World, with respect. They are still human and believe they are doing the right thing. And of course the fastest way to make people clamp up and ignore you is to be nothing but militant.

I myself am good Hatrack buddies with many people here whose religion says being gay is a sin, or at least the act is a sin. They are still great people. And THAT is the key. Being friends with peopleā€¦to show them that YOU are human as well. That will change the world.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

[This post has been deleted for being imbecilic and moronic. Sexy_aaron, you'd better change your screen name. There's nothing LESS sexy than the behavior you exhibit in Hatack River.]

[ April 12, 2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: KathrynHJanitor ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

[ROFL]
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sadly, he's Canadian. Puts the "Canadians are nice and polite" myth to rest, eh?
I'm going to assume he's the exception that proves the rule.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
You are responding to me, not my views for a reason. The reason is that you are a gay-hating bigot.
This is the first time I chuckled at anything on Hatrack in a long time. Too long really. Welcome back Chuckles, we missed you.

Hobbes [Smile]

sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

Guess what not responding means, Dag. [ROFL]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see why people reject gay people so much. What's the big idea? I'm not gay or anything, but I don't think a person's sexual taste has anything to do with judging them. Conservatives... [Grumble]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well if you want to respond to something, try this: why do you think you can engender rational discussion with someone by starting off calling them hateful bigots?

Hobbes [Smile]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Guess what not responding means, Dag.
Does it mean I'm a hateful bigot?

Or could it possibly mean that I think you're acting in ignorant manner with no clue about what anyone else in this thread actually thinks about gay marriage rights?

Dagonee

[ April 11, 2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

Actually, they called themselves that. This is my first post. I think you'll find it was someone else who called themselves gay-hating bigots through my mouth.

quote:
Welcome to the most hateful 'progressive' countries out there.

If there's one thing the last US election proved, besides that America DOES, in fact, want Bush - it's that homosexuality has no place in America. I find this, firstly, completely disgraceful. Secondly, I cannot helpt but look at Americans, through the actions of their politicians, with contempt and scorn.

Is the issue of gay marriage an example of floccinaucinihilipilification? I don't think so. I think the issue is serious, is important, and is not being treated properly.

So welcome to America. We accept you, unless you're gay! :DGay people go to hell!

Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
sexy_aaron, the mistake of religious people isn't that they hold homosexuality as evil.
Wrong, I, as a religious person, do.

quote:
Good and evil are not exactly set in stone.
Strike 2: It is set in stone. Stone.. tablets. *laugh* Okay, I hope I'm not the only one that laughed. [Angst]

quote:
But that they feel the sanctity of marriage is more important then the happiness of homosexuals.
Strike 3: Yooooou're OUT!

quote:
[Mad]

Opinion Schmopinion. Hmph.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

Dag, people from Veeerrrginya don't get the benifit of the doubt. You're a bigot until you prove otherwise.
Tater
Member # 7035

quote:
sexy_aaron, the mistake of religious people isn't that they hold homosexuality as evil.

quote:
Strike 2: It is set in stone. Stone.. tablets. *laugh* Okay, I hope I'm not the only one that laughed. [Angst]

quote:
But that they feel the sanctity of marriage is more important then the happiness of homosexuals.

quote:
[Mad]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
[Mad]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Do you deny posting "Also, and I want to make this very clear: any conservative who doesn't believe homosexuals should be legally allowed to marry is a gay-hating bigot. It's that simple."?

Dagonee

Hobbes
Member # 433

Ohh?

quote:
What did you think would come from those two sentances?

Hobbes [Smile]

sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

You said it. I agreed.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.