FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Homosexuality in America (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Homosexuality in America
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well for one, I certainly did it say it, two, they were being sarcastic, and three, why would you want to state it that way at all? What do you feel langauge like that is doing for your argument?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You said it. I agreed.
I did? Where?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Dag, people from Veeerrrginya don't get the benifit of the doubt. You're a bigot until you prove otherwise.
Oh, and I find this quite an amusing statement from someone who is apparantly opposed to bigotry.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Not you. 2. They were being sarcastic. I wasn't. 3. I don't mince words.
Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wrong, I, as a religious person, do.
I never said religious people don't believe homosexuality to be evil. I said that isn't their mistake.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

4. You don't know what you're talking about.
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well along with not mincing words, you didn't answer my question.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm racially -err, sateially - profiling you. Deal.
Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
sexy_aaron, you're being an idiot. Seriously.

I suggest, before you post any more, that you click on the search link above and look for "gay marriage" or "civil union" and skim through some of the many, many discussions we've had here. Look particularly for Dag's thoughts on the subject.

Screaming at us for being bigots and then screaming at us again for not taking you seriously will not get you very far. There have been some excellent, open-minded and thoughtful discussion on gay marriage here, discussions that generally manage to skip past most of the kneejerk reactions and reasoning from all sides of the argument. I urge you to read them.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

Also, it answered fine. What will this do to your argument? It will show I don't mince words.
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

[This has been removed as being offensive.]

Sweetpea, you're THIS close to being banned.

[ April 11, 2005, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: KathrynHJanitor ]

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
[This post has been removed because it is not in harmony with Hatrack River comportment. Stray, if you want to continue posting here, Sexyaaron's tone is NOT what you want to emulate.]

[ April 11, 2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: KathrynHJanitor ]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
What do you feel langauge like that is doing for your argument?
Hobbes [Smile]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I think people need to calm down and settle this over a pint. [Razz]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thank you. I was wondering if I should bother continuing.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
SA's obviously just poking the anthill in order to watch us flail and scurry. No one can possibly be as stupid as he's coming off here.

Indeed.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I just can't get over this thread.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
Two penguins were standing on an iceberg. One penguin says to the other "Hey! You look like you are wearing a tuxedo!" The other penguin says "How do you know that I'm not?"
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, the people in Virginia are okay. It's those in Guam that you have to worry about.

What ARE they up to, anyway?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[This has been removed as being offensive.]

Sweetpea, you're THIS close to being banned.

I can't say that I'm surprised.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

How many IBM execs does it take to change a light bulb?
Well none, they just upgrade the standard condition to darkness.

Hobbes [Smile]

KathrynHJanitor
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for KathrynHJanitor   Email KathrynHJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
This topic is CLOSED. What is this, a picnic of trolls?

I would delete it immediately, except that I'm hoping sexyaaron and Stray will see my comments to them.

After they've seen it, THEN the thread is toast.

Sheesh.

KathrynHJanitor

Posts: 92 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.