FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » YAY for closing of threads, instead of immediate deletion!

Author Topic: YAY for closing of threads, instead of immediate deletion!
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks KathrynHJanitor!!!!!
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
::grumbles::

I don't get called sweet pea when MY posts get deleted.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the last post before the moderator! [Party]

What's my prize?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second that.

Edit: ^ was in response to rav

[ April 11, 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Miro ]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathryn has been busy today. I'm sad that she has had to be, but glad and grateful that she has been.

Thanks, Kathryn! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

Hobbes: Why it's Annie of course!
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was kinda hoping she'd call me Sweet Pea too. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Considering the circumstances, I think my new goal is to never be called sweet pea by our illustrious moderator! [Angst]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
jebus:

[ROFL]

I can call you sweetpea.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, how can I have been here off and on all day and missed all this?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well Annie is of course the best result for any action ( [Big Grin] ) but I think I already had her.

Hmmm...

How about really cool nickname? [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
You got that last post in, Hobbes, but the "Sheesh" was definitely directed at me.

* Cherishes the moment *

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Murphy's Law of Hatracking, Liz.

It states quite explicity:
  1. You can and will miss the most exciting topics because they wait until you surf elsewhere before posting.
  2. All the best threads explode from one post to fifty by the time you get back, ensuring you will not be able to keep up with the discussion.
  3. Any post involving a pun will be posted two seconds before what you were going to post.
-Trevor

Edit: For typo

[ April 11, 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

I could call you Calvin!
Hobbes
Member # 433

I don't think I have a large enough to diction or cynical enough nature to be Calvin.

Hobbes [Smile]

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I can call you Betty

And Betty, when you call me,
You can call me Al.

[ April 11, 2005, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*thoughtful* The hair's about right, though.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My hair is totally right for Calvin. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

But we already have a Calvin.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Very true, mack.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Trevor, you are so right!
The threads unravel so quickly sometimes, and I am left with nothing. So sad, really.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I'd call it threadbare, but it would be knitpicking. But you know better than to worry; you just needle Hatrack fix.

-Trevor

PS Ok, I'm going home and eating dinner before this gets any worse. [Razz]

KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not so sure I'm glad it wasn't deleted. On the one hand, I'm glad I don't just have to be futilely curious, but on the other hand I can't help but feel mortally embarrased that such people might actually think they are on my side. Where's that puking smiley? [Frown]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am laughing so hard I got a stitch in my side! If I don't stop laughing so hard, i will be meeting St. Peter at the Purly Gates.

(not laughing at you, KarlEd!)

[ April 11, 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Right behind the "Illuminating the troll with a flamethrower" smiley.

-Trevor

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
KarlEd, she said she'd delete it after they had a chance to read her comments. So hopefully it will be gone soon.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

It seems as though every time I meet other Hatrackers I hear about some of these threads that have been deleted. Maybe have a hidden forum where you could go look at them? I'm mostly curious about things that I've posted that got deleted.
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I saw her note to me and am duly chastised [Embarrassed] Sorry for getting out of line.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're sticking around, Stray [Smile]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
But of course [Smile] I won't leave unless I manage to get myself banned somehow, and I think I'd have to try very hard indeed to accomplish that.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
And yet some people manage it so effortlessly.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
KarlEd, she said she'd delete it after they had a chance to read her comments. So hopefully it will be gone soon.
Why would you want it to be deleted? The situation makes me think of the quote, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." The thread is awful and embarassing, but maybe people could learn a thing or two from it.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Man you guys are FUNNY! This thread is even funnier than the thread that started this...erm. you know what I mean. [Big Grin]

[Laugh] Sorry. I'm just in a laughy mood and this thread is just full of silly goodness...post after post of it!

edit: Ok, trust me to post that right after Miro's serious and pertinent post.

[ April 11, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
so confused.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
No joke.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hear hear KarlEd.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but maybe people could learn a thing or two from it.
Maybe. And I suppose the evidence is against me, but I'd like to have hoped that anything important to be learned from this exchange was learned before mommy started letting us cross the street without holding hands.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.