FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear You, (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dear You,
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
This is an idea that I got from a friend of mine, over on pweb. Writing a note to an anonymous person:

e.g.) Dear You,
Thank-you for being there for me and putting up with me. I really appreciate it.

~me

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like this thread. I think it's a beautiful idea. I know I'll be using it if I have something to say to someone. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bite. [Smile]

Dear you,

You contribute so much to Hatrack, what with your sense of humour and approach to life. Even when you're angry or upset, you manage to do that with humour. You're terrific!

quiddy [Kiss]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,
Thanks for keeping my secret.
I owe you one! [Kiss]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Question: do you mean writing to an anonymous Hatrack person, or just anyone in general?
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Dear you,
that's a gray area.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I wish you gave yourself credit for what a wonderful person you are. You shouldn't sell yourself short.

Also, you were in one of my dreams. Watching.

It was kind of creepy. Next time, can you at least be drinking or something? Or maybe dancing. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Love,

Me

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I've been a lousy friend to you the last couple of weeks. I'm sorry.

I have no excuses. Things just got...busy.

I'll do better, I promise.

I'll see you tomorrow.

Love, Me

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I promise not to waste your time today. Or tomorrow.

Or ever.

Love,

Me

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Get better soon.

I love you.

Love,
Me

Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You:

You make me smile [Smile]

from Me

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

You've always been a great friend, even though I've never met you in real life. I really want to thank you. You defended me, despite the lack of facts, numerous times.

Your frienly neighborhood.....oh yeah...I'm not Spiderman,

SteveRogers a.k.a. Captain America

Edit: Can anyone guess who I'm talking to? [Razz]

[ April 18, 2005, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I love you, and I wish I could help you realize what a wonderful person you really are. Also, I hope that things start to go better for you soon, because you don't deserve to be as unhappy as you are.

Love,

Me

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
{grunt}
my Dear You letter would be kind of nasty... there's a couple people at work that could really use some anonymous notes telling them about certain issues...

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,
I wish you would feel better about yourself and stop letting people get you down.
I love you because you're wonderful.

-me

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I think you are the first people to tell me, when I'm hungry, that I'm not allowed to eat something...I'm not sure what to think of that...

~me

[ April 19, 2005, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: ReikoDemosthenes ]

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Dear you two,
Post that ____-boy thread at your peril.
You have been warned... [No No]

An Army of Me

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you two,

Thanks for cheering me up last night. You are good friends.

Hugs,

Me

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Dear You,

I'm sorry for the idiotic way I behaved and reacted to what you said. This just goes to prove how much wiser you are than me, for handling this so well. I can be a handful sometimes, and I know that, and I appreciate the number of times you've completely ignored that and payed attention to me anyway. Thank you for understanding, as you always do. [Smile]

Love, Me

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

Thanks for being such a devoted, loving, and fun person. Take life easy! Stop feeling guilty for everything that happens to the people you help and work with!

Love,
Me

(By the way, "You" isn't a hatracker...is that a violation of the rules?)

[ April 20, 2005, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: Beanny ]

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I miss you.

Love, Me.

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I am always wondering if I made the right choice not to come back this year, I know that there are many benefits to staying here, but I will miss you so much! I promise to visit, but I know it won't be the same.

I love you.

~ Me

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Pssst...Beanny...if you don't tell us, we won't know. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

quote:
(By the way, "You" isn't a hatracker...is that a violation of the rules?)
absolutely not! this thread is for you to write to anyone and everyone you wish...for those who will guess right away to those who will never see it...

Dear You,
*sighs*
~me

Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I wanted to apologize for the way I acted in the past couple weeks. I was bitchy and nasty, and you didn't deserve it. Sorry.

Love,
me

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I hate to break the trend of happy notes. . . .

Dear you,

Acknowledging that you've screwed up is the first step, but it doesn't mean much if you don't show any regret or sympathy.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope for the future is always a happy note.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

The only way we have to communicate is by E-mail. I don't want to stay just an E-mail read on leasure time. For me, your answers are like a dope. When i read it i feel better, for a few time. Then happen tremble, sweat and terror. I don't want continue like this. It's my last E-mail... Since your next answer.

I love you.

me.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,
I am concerned about the number of dreams I'm having about you. Last night was amazing.

Signed,
me.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I've run out of meaningful things to say to you, and no longer feel a need to try.

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Sometimes people just grow apart. People change. And not always in ways that won't break apart the friendship. I accept this as a fact of life. I wish you wouldn't make such a big deal out of it. I'm sorry we can't be friends forever, but I'm not the same person that I was. For that, I will not apologize.

Sincerely,
Me

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I'm sorry I lied, even if you don't really see it that way. I feel horrible about what I've done and I apologize. I'll be there next time. I shouldn't make promises I'm not sure I can keep.

Love, Me.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

It's been so good to get to know you a little better. You've made me feel like you care about getting to know me and that means a lot.

Love,
Me

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

You're the reason I came back to hatrack! (((you))) I missed you so much.

Love,
me.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I'm jealous of you. I've often tried to email you, and realized I have no connection in anyway to you, despite my admiration of you, and quickly deleted the email. You're a great person, that people love and talk to, and sometimes I find myself wanting that for myself.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(If we're doing this for people who won't see it...)

Dear You,

I thought about you a lot this week. I don't know, something about all the stresses of the week, and auditions that determine where I'll be, and where my life is headed... six months ago, spending time with you would have been a good reason for me to stay here. Now, during auditions, I can't help but constantly think about that.

I miss you. I just hope that, wherever you are, you realize that. I really miss you. And I love you. Sometimes it's more difficult to handle than others. This is one of those times. I just wanted to let you know how much I miss you.

Love, Me

Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,
I wish you'd stop getting mad at me and questioning my motives for doing nice things for you. And I wish you'd stop doubting that I'm your friend and asking me everyday if I still am.
And I wish you'd stop taking my picture..before I'm forced to kill you. [Grumble]

--angry me

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,
Thanx for being a fatherfigure on the nets.

Love, me

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Dear you,
Am I the only one who secretly wonders if all the good vibes to "you" refer to me, even when it's impossible?

And is glad I'm not one of the jerks getting the criticism?

Me [Smile]

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Sorry for giving you such a hard time. Yeah, we disagree a lot but we're more alike on many things than either of us will admit. I'm sorry for being at your throat so much. I don't really hate you.

Me.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You two:

That really hurt my feelings. Not only did I have an asthma attack, but you swearing at me really, really was uncalled for. If someone talked to your mother or sister like that, how would you feel? I didn't do anything but ask you to stop doing something illegal because it was aggrivating a health condition. It wasn't beause you're black, or because you're young (not much younger than me, btw!) or because you're not rich (if you have money to spare on those poisons, you've got more money than I do), or for any other reason than that I have asthma! I think I was well within my rights to ask, and I tried to be polite. If I wasn't polite, I apologize, but I really think I was. When did common courtesy die? Do you take pride in having no manners? And following me off the train when I chose not to talk to you any more, but simply to leave, was also very not cool. You're lucky there wasn't a DART cop around, or I might have reported you. Not to be vindictive, but because when you act like that, you're a danger to society, and because you endangered my health. I had to walk six blocks home after I got off the train; it's lucky I'd had time to mostly get the asthma under control by then. There's a reason for rules sometimes, and maybe you shouldn't disregard them without respect for others.

-Me

Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You;

I'm so sorry for falling out of touch with you. I ought to be shot for what I have done to you, but you still support me through everything. Thank you so much for calling me today, and supprting me. You deserve something, but I don't know what it is. Next time I see you, you get the first tackle hug.

Love Me

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Am I the only one who secretly wonders if all the good vibes to "you" refer to me, even when it's impossible?

And is glad I'm not one of the jerks getting the criticism?

*raises hand* I'm reading this and thinking, "Wow, everyone is so nice to me!" [Razz]

[ April 21, 2005, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You;

Thanks for taking the time to carry my bag and give me moral support. I was standing in the middle of the bookstore trying to move even though I was sore all over from using crutches and I just wanted to sit down and rest. Then, when I made it outside and saw the rain, you didn't just leave me there, you got soaking wet to talk me down the ramp, into my building, into the elevator, and safely to my classroom. Twenty minutes late to my final, but my professor seemed to understand as soon as he saw me. Thank you so much for doing that for me.

Love, Me.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I wish you had acknowledged my birthday. I know it sounds petty and trivial, but you are Brother Dearest and it would have been a nice thing to do. You could have responded to at least one of my voicemails over the past two days. Or emailed me or IMed me or something. I like hearing from you, even if the day isn't a special one.

I also really hope you're not dead or severely injured, because then I'll be guilty in addition to upset. So don't be a jerk and fracking talk to me. Please.

I miss you. A lot. And I know I'm not the only person who'd like to hear from you - the entire world doesn't hate you.

Love,

Sis.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Enjoy the silence.

--Me

<Edited for content >

[ December 27, 2005, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Lurker-Girl ]

Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I feel like it's been so long since we've talked, or seen each other, and it used to be an everyday thing, i'm hoping you're ok, happy and I'll see you soon so it can be back to the good old days, I really mis those.

Love,

Me

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I wish you believed me when I told you that it's possible to have a crush on someone you've loved for so long.

I wish you'd sing more. It drives me nuts (in a very good way) to hear your beautiful voice.

Love you,
Me

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I stoped to write to you. You received only my E-mails for our community, and you personnaly responded to me. If i answer you i know i'll re fall in love with you. You said you like me but don't love. I don't want you say it again. I would like to forget all the past tree months. I would like to lose all our mementtos, all the good instants we have together. I would like... But i cannot.
I love you, dareling. I love you, that why i attempt to stop to write you each day as i did, as you did too. I want to escape from you.

Love,

me.

[ April 23, 2005, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.