FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear You, (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dear You,
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I really think it's a wonderful thing that you are learning to play the violin.

But please, please, please, close the window until you are a little better at it. I beg you.

Sincerely,
Me

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynx
Member # 8760

- posted      Profile for Lynx   Email Lynx         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
Dear YOU! *points up*

Welcome to Hatrack! [Wave]

Love,
Raia

Oh, thank you. That's so sweet! *hugs* People have been really nice here so far!
Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I'm sorry I'm irrationally angry at you for something that isn't your choice.

I know you'd be sorry to hear that I was angry at myself for being angry at you, and how much it hurts to be rejected, even in so nice and accepting of a way (if that makes sense). So I'm not ever going to tell you.

I will always love you. I hope I won't always be bitter because you'll never be in love with me, or because you, being male, have a shot at landing the guy I thought I was over. I hope I get over him. I hope I get over *you*. I hope that as I work at getting over him and you it doesn't strain our friendship, because whether you're gay or straight or other, I love you too much to want anything but your happiness and I hope you always know that. Stay strong. You'll work it out.

Love,
Princess leah

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear y'all,

Thank you for being rational. I definately disagree very strongly with a lot of what you all say, but with a few exceptions, all discussion and disagreement and argument actually stays pertinent to the subject, instead of quickly disentigrating into mindless online SCREAMING and insults. It makes me proud to be even a small part of a community that can uphold that high a standard of courtesey. And it's inspiring to see so much brainpower present, whether in horrible puns [Smile] or serious explorations of issues.

Sincerely,
Princess Leah

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I wish you would write me back. It's been two months. I've sent three e-mails. I hate that I have to hear about you from a third party. I thought after your postcard that you'd actually reply if I wrote you, maybe acknowledge something, anything I said.

Silly me.

I'm sad. I miss you.

I'm ready to give up.

~Lindsay

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,
I'm sorry you misinterpreted what we were saying, and I'm sorry you're mad. If you want to go away for a while, I don't blame you, but I'll still be here if you need me.

Love,
Me.

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,
Please light a fire under the Apple Core OS engineers so that they fix that kernel panic bug before 10.4.3 is released because it is plauging my computer lab at work. I've submitted a bug report and even included 2 core dumps. It took me hours to figure out how to do that! But I don't even know if they are looking at their bug database!

BTW, I like the new iMacs.

Love,
Me.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Thank you so much for everything you said to me on monday. I can't tell you how fortunate I am to be working with you. You're the best teacher I've ever had, and the reason I was sitting on your couch with tears streaming down my face was because every word you said touched me to the very core, not because I was still down and discouraged from before. You're the reason I came to school here, and, far from regretting it, I keep thanking my stars for the wonderful luck I have in being able to work with you. Thank you. See you in a little while.

Love, Me

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You--

I am generally available in the mornings. But when I'm not, I'm not. My child's needs are tantamount to someone wanting to see an apartment. Come show it your own evil self if you want it shown this morning. If he wants to see it that much, he'll come by at a time when one of us is available. I'm not going to let my sleeping (or trying to sleep) child be unsupervised while I show your stupid apartment, and I'm not going to let her miss a nap that she needs! I am growing to really loathe just the thought of you. You annoy me so much!

-Anne

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,
I am completely fed up with your bad attitude and thinly veiled bigotry. You need to treat your coworkers and potential coworkers with respect. Just because you have a job and the applicants don't doesn't mean that you are a superior being, and that they are to be treated with disrespect. Just because you have seniority over some of your coworkers does not give you license to give orders and to delegate your workload to others while you take 2 hour lunch breaks. You are the boss of no one here, and you need to quit your bossy attitude.

And I would think that a modicum of gratitude is in order for all the work that people cover for you when you take 1 or 2 days off every week. Resenting that we did your paperwork, scheduled appointments, and took your calls is not making you appreciated around here.

And being interrupted in your personal phone calls, personal online shopping, and poring over catalogues is no reason to throw a tantrum and take the rest of the day off.

I used to pity you and defend you, but you make me feel dirty and hypocritical because I land up being complicit in your prejudiced behaviors. The (real) boss is going to have to get over her fear of you and put you on probation or kick your butt out to the street. And I'm going to help her do it.

So there.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I hope you're happy.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Who? Me??
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

No, the "you" I was writing to before.
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,
Stop whining. Just stop. Just shut up, please. I'm tired of listening to it. You have no idea what it's like to have real problems, and your incessant complaining just aggravates those of us who have to deal with mountains of stress and anxiety every day.

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

phew!
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,
I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I hope that you feel better soon.
Love,
Me

Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Dear You,

I wish I wasn't constantly haunted by thoughts of you. Granted sometimes it's worse than others (like right now for instance, when every time I think I'm drifting off to sleep I dissolve in tears), but for the life of me, I can't get up and move on. I miss you too much, and I don't even know if you know how much I loved you. That tortures me more than anything, to think that you possibly didn't know how much I loved, and still love, you. It's been a year, and I still am no closer to forgetting or moving on than I was before. Now I'm sitting in my room alone, crying my eyes out instead of sleeping... I just... I miss you. That's all I can really say.

Love, Me

*sobs*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(hugs Raia) I'm sure she knew. She knows now.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

Dear You,

I'm sorry I'm so grumpy. I know you know I don't like my job. I know it's not your fault you get to stay home and do fun stuff while I go to work. And I know you don't actually do fun stuff, but you clean and work and make me dinner and generally keep my world running. But I still resent it. I know that's completely unreasonable. I'm sorry.

Love
Me

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Can't this work? I mean, whatever it's become at this point... Why can't it work?

Stop blaming me. Stop pointing that finger in my face. Stop trying to turn Ashley against me. This has all become such crap. Can't you see that?

Seriously.

You:

Stop making everything personal.

Make an effort to help out your teammates once in a while.

I don't care if you don't "love" me anymore but don't take it out on Rhonda.

Follow the rules.

Grow up.

Or go away. Because if you keep doing what you're doing now? Making it a battle between us? Pitting yourself and Ash against me and Rhonda? ... If you keep doing that you're going to lose. I don't mean to sound arrogant but if you make it a contest -- I don't know how to put this. You can't beat us. It's impossible. Just get back on board and try to make it work, will you please?

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Dearest You,

I'm sorry I make what you have to do so hard on you. It's just hard on me, sometimes. I guess I'm in that clingy phase, remember last time? And it's harder when she just wants you, doesn't want me at all, won't eat for me, won't play, just cries for you. I wish we had like a bazillion dollars and you could stay home more. *sigh* I know, wishing is kinda futile. I just get so... lonely. Isolated. And sick of dealing with Jerry's crapola. I know it's not fair to put so much on you. Forgive me? Love me? I'm sorry.

Love,

Me

Pico de Gallo
Member # 8028

- posted      Profile for Pico de Gallo           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

"What is any man that he should be a judge of man?" --Chesterton

Sincerely,
Me

[ May 18, 2006, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Pico de Gallo ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I just wanted to tell you that I will always love you. Even though it endlessly feels like you've forgotten me; even though it seems like you want to forget me when I try to talk with you and you just don't converse (although that may be your messenger, but I just can't tell from this end). I am happy for you where you are at. And, I miss you. I hope you are well.

Sincerely doubting you will ever see this, and hoping you won't,

me

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You idiot:

Did you really think we care anymore? We were going to resign anyway. Although now we feel more free to pursue complaints about all those illegal things you do. Ha. Sucker!

-Me

aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,
Sometimes it can get the best of you. Let it. Wait till next time.
~:ME

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Please call me back! I haven't seen you in so long and I want to hang out for as long as possible today, so the sooner you call, the happier I will be. Can't wait to see you!

Love,
~ Me

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Senior Pastor,
First, I should thank you for all the wonderful things you do. You ahve been a great source of support for our family in times both good and bad. I cannot thank you enough.
I am so happy that you have finished writing your study on the Life of Christ and are getting to teach it. You know I pride myeself on always providing child care for Bible studies. However, that is easier for me to pull off when I find out about a Tuesday Bible study before reading the bulletin on Sunday. I have had to seek help from a higher power- Carol. Thank God for Church secretaries.

Sincerely, Your Nursery Director

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hey, you--

You know, I'm sorry it was a bad morning.

But cookies are not the answer to everything.

And screaming isn't going to get you any more.

Sorry, sweetness.

I know, I know. I miss Abba, too. But there's not much we can do. He really had to go to San Diego today. I wish we could have gone with him, too; I have friends and family down there! But it wasn't an option this time. So we're just going to have to deal with each other all day today. Think we'll make it?

Heck, there's always chocolate. Sometimes I think that is the answer to everything. But I'm not going to tell you that out loud, because then we'd have to eat some and make a huge mess for me to clean up! [Wink]

Love,

Me.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

*bouncebouncebounce*

[Big Grin]

Me

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

Dear you,

I know I made a commitment, but this audition is really, really important to me, and if you don't let me go, I will be unbelievably upset. Please understand.

Thank You,
~ me

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

Did you know that the last time I had to do a Greek verb synopsis sheet was three years ago? And here I thought that since we were in graduate school, we were beyond these things. Just because you can't identify the EASIEST POSSIBLE future form in the history of the Greek language doesn't mean the rest of us can't. And that aorist? Come on - it's the easiest and most obvious exception!

I do realize that this is supposed to be beneficial. It's crucial to know verb forms inside and out. Yes. I know this.

That doesn't mean I appreciate the busy work that's much more suitable for children (or undergrads). Get over your bad-a$$ Latin translating skills and put a tiny bit of freaking EFFORT into Greek class and I think we'll all get along just fine.

Thanks a lot, a$$hole.

Love,

Me.

[Oh, and to that other "You" - the one who actively argued for the sheets - you're going to get what's coming to you, I promise...]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

I've never really had the chance to tell you how much I appreciate you. You're the one that's made me feel welcome on Hatrack, even when I felt so immature and out of place. You've taught me so much. I love your witty, yet clean sense of humor. I'd love to meet you someday- maybe if I'm in that area? You're the one who convinced me to stay on Hatrack even when I thought I was in over my head, with people smarter than me, older than me, wiser than me... and you didn't even have to say anything. You just showed me how to loosen up. Thank you, *insert name here*. I love you, sista! [Kiss]

Love,

Me

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You in there:

It is not necessary to do jumping jacks before you're even born! I know childhood obesity is an epidemic in this country, but really! Squats are also not recommended. Please save the calisthenics until after you are no longer in the immediate proximity of my ribs and vital organs. Thank you.

-Me

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] kq
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

aww, don't laugh at her; that sounds painful!

Dear you,

I hope you realize how much this means to me, and act accordingly. I've been anxious since Sunday, and it's making me jittery. Please let me know what you've decided as soon as possible. (And please let it be a yes.)

Thank you.
~ Me

Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you (all),

Sorry I have not been posting. For the last 7 months World of Warcraft has been eating my brain alive. Maybe when I finally become immune to its addictive qualities I'll return. Until then, I'm going for Warlord!

Love,
Me.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Dear You,

[Kiss]

Goodnight.

Love,
Me

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

You fog things up. You push me away, but now you are pulling me back again. What do you want? If you want the me you see now, you're too late. I'm leaving in a month to kill this me. When I come back, I will be different. Decide then if you want me. Until then, try not to look at this me I hate so much with that insufferable twinkle in your eye.

Love,
Me

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hatrack Alias
Member # 8811

- posted      Profile for Hatrack Alias   Email Hatrack Alias         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

I'm sorry to report that you are neither as clever nor as subtle as you think you are. We are not subjects for your pseudo-social experiments, and we are not here for your amusement.

I could care less if you float through your daily life thinking of yourself as an enlightened and existential being; I just want you to do it elsewhere. I think people who consider themselves the puppetmaster of the poor beings around them are one of the lowest forms of existence.

Sincerely,
Me.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

My dog has issues.

I like pizza.

The macarina is cool.

And I miss Ricky [Cry]

Yours Truly,

Me

[ June 20, 2006, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Jeesh ]

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Thank you for playing porn from the back of your minivan. I hadn't seen that disk yet. The acting wasn't so good, but the lighting was excellent. I hope it wins an oscar for that.

Me

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

What on earth are you trying to do? Why are you even worried about what these people are doing or saying? You have nothing to do with them. Why do you even feel a need to say the things you say about these people? Do you not see how it's destroying relationships not only between other people but also with you? Is that your intention to create conflict between people? I know what you're doing and I know where it's going to lead. Unfortunately there is no way that I can't make you understand that it will eventually lead to your dismissal, not only with this company but also with the many people you claim to be your friends. And yet I fear that your dismissal is now imminent, as you have tried to get between two people you only barely know but unbeknownst to you have been friends for 15 years. They saw right through your little game...we, saw right thought it.

Yours truly,
Me and your now Former Boss

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear you,

Tomorrow!

~me

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Dear You,

I tried to call you, I really did! I wanted to, but she beat me. She called me. We talked for a while. Then, she called you. I stayed silent. She almost lured me out. Into a trap where I would have to admit what I felt. But I was quiet. I listened to you talk to her. I miss you. Just before you hung up, I spoke. Did you know that? You thought it was her? It was me. I said something. But you didn't hear, did you? I never said what I wanted to. She said it. I wanted to tell you myself, but I'm not brave enough. Me, the crazy girl who spoke her mind and broke her leg. Me, of all people! She said it for me. But she took so long and made it hard not to talk. When you heard, you dismissed it. My heart dropped. Was it the way she said it? Or did you not believe it true? It's true. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I wanted to, really! But I didn't. If I could tell you, what would you say? What would you say?

Love always,
Me

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

It's not everyone else's fault and I'm tired of hearing about it. You need to forgive, forget, and focus on what you can do to improve your own situation. If you quit looking for offenses they'll be a lot harder to find.

Sincerely wishing you better times,

Me

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Go listen to "Turnaround". I hope you fall in love with someone or something out there. I really do. Because that will mean I've finally made the right choice, and it was a very, very hard one, even if everything you always said should have made it easy.

I miss you lately, as a simple friend. I don't know why, so suddenly, but I hope it doesn't last.

Me

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Asta,
Is that 'Turn Around' by David Ryan Harris, or a different song?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be Stan Rogers. I'd link to the lyrics for you, but I can't find them anywhere online. I can send them to you if you're curious. It's a good song, though he has better ones, musically speaking.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Dear You,

I miss you! Only a week now until you come home! Do you want to go up to the park? We can ride our bikes like we used to. Or lets go to the juice place. Remember all the things we'd talk about? Everthing from movies to licences to politics and back. Why did you have to go? Why do you have to miss me growing up? You want to talk to me about lots of stuff. Will we have enough time? You only stay for a week. You'll be in for my half-birthday. We have to have a party. Because I broke my leg on my birthday, remember? How will we do everything? I don't know. But I know we will. After all, you're my big brother and I'm your little sister.

Love,
Me

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear You,

Thank you for being such a great friend. You've enriched my life so much! I enjoy your conversation greatly. It's always entertaining and fun, even when we don't say anything much at all. You are just a great person to hang out with. I can't help but be happy when you're around. I think the world of you, and feel privileged to be your friend. I hope that your life is always joyful and full, as I know it will be. You are such a cool person. I hope you realize that, and know how happy you make the people around you, and those that you love, every day.

Love,
Me

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.