FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Faith-Promoting Internet Twinkies: Love 'em or Hate 'em? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Faith-Promoting Internet Twinkies: Love 'em or Hate 'em?
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be the clueless one =)
{edit: ooh page!}

[ April 23, 2005, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a good chuckle out of this one my father (a marine and retired cop) showed me:

quote:
A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated he was going to prove there was no God.

Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!" The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall.

Ten minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting." His count-down got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine - just released from active duty and newly registered in the class - walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him tumbling from his lofty platform. The professor was out cold! At first, the students were shocked and babbled in confusion. The young Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silent. The class fell silent...waiting. Eventually, the professor came to, shaken he looked at the young Marine in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

"God was busy. He sent me."

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
That one makes me laugh.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
See, that's just FUNNY.

I always liked the one about the guy in the flood.

One day there was a terrible flood and a young man went to his neighbor's house to ask him if he wanted to evacuate. The neighbor, being a man of faith in God, refused. He said, "God will save me if it gets bad." So the young man left.

Later, the flood rose to dangerous levels, and the man was forced to abandon the first level of his house. He heard a knock at his second-floor window and opened it, seeing a policeman in a boat outside. The policeman asked him if he wanted to climb aboard to get out into safety. He refused, saying that God would save him. So the boat left.

Then, the flood got so bad that the man had to climb out onto his roof to escape the waters. A helicopter flew by and dropped a ladder, gesturing for him to climb it and be saved. He waved it away, refusing, still waiting for God to save him.

Finally, the waters rose up and he drowned. His spirit rose up into heaven and confronted God. "God," he said, "Why did you not save me? I waited for you!"

"I sent your neighbor, the boat, AND the helicopter!!" God replied.

I guess it's more a joke and not glurgy so much, but I still think it teaches a valid lesson.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.