FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Serenity" Next Thursday?!?! (preview screenings, various cities!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Serenity" Next Thursday?!?! (preview screenings, various cities!)
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
This just came in my email:

quote:

THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM SERENITYMOVIE.COM BUT THE LINK IS DOWN AT THE SITE.

Preview of unfinished movie is 5/5 at 10 pm the following cities:

Hollywood north 24, Chamblee GA 770-936-9468

Gateway 16, Austin TX 512-343-5480

Boston Commons, Boston MA 617-423-2568

Rivereast 21, Chicago IL 312-596-0333

Palms 14, Las Vega NV 702-507-1525

Eastport 16, Portalnd OR 503-775-0000

Roseville 14, Roseville CA 916-797-3466 (I called them and they said earliest they will be on sale will be afternoon of 4/27 and yes you could call the theatre for tickets)

Loews Meridian 16, Seattle WA 206-622-2434

If all sold out more cities might be added and also each person on serenity site gets 200 pts.

All have a link to Fandango but when you get there it saus "Sorry, tickets not available for purchase"

I cannot confirm it because the message board is down at the official site.

But, someone just said the following:

quote:

I just bought mine! Go to amctheaters.com, choose Chicago, then Rivereast 21. Don't select anything under movie or date. On the next page, you can
select May 5. Then there'll be a "Special dvanced Screening" for 10PM. Click Buy Tickets!

I went to their website and checked it out. There is indeed some kind of "Special Advanced Screening" listed, but it doesn't say for what.

I am very tempted to go, but I'd have to find some kind of transportation home. Also, I would be very tired at work the next day.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks into quick, cheap ways to chicago* . . .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAAAAA!! I can't on Thursday, it's the day I have class and we are presenting. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

You have class at 10pm?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Austin is four hours away. [Frown]

Added: I'll have to encourage more showings. <quietly mumbles Dallas * Dallas * Dallas * Dallas>

[ April 26, 2005, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes fist at countryism*
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Ah, ouch.

I have a final that morning . . . but no transportation to Chicago in the meantime. *ponders*

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
May 5th is a Tuesday. If it was a Friday I could take the day off, train it to Chicago (Port Huron - Chicago return: US$46), and hang out there for the weekend doing fun things... but Tuesday?!?

GAH!

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
[giddy with glee]
Just got 4 tickets! Rock on! Thank you sooooooooo much, Xnera!

I just went to Fandango, selected the theater (for me Loews Meridian 16), picked May 5th, clicked Advance Screening Preview, and hit 10:00. Yes!

Searching for Serenity and picking it will only tell you the movie is due out September 30th...which I won't have to wait for! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
[/giddy with glee]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

May 5th is a Thursday, I think you mean, Twinky.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

It's a TUESDAY??
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
May 5 is Thursday, BTW. 30 days in April, today is the 26th, Sunday is the 1st, you do the math.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Oh. Thursday.

You know... I just might be able to manage that. I'd have to burn two vacation days, though, which is pretty significant since I'm saving them for New Zealand.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that theatre is just around the corner from my apartment.

Shame I have no interest in going. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Hmph. This is going to be so annoying, I can tell. People having seen it while the rest of us have to wait?

*cries*

EDIT: Trevor! Arghsdjfhsjkdh!

[ April 26, 2005, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

twinky
Member # 693

Trevor is now on my Death List. [Edit: Seriously, dude, for someone who professes not to like Firefly, you sure show up in threads about it often enough. Are you sure you have no secret Adam Baldwin lust that you need to get off your, um, chest? [Razz] ]

Teshi, if it's any consolation, they're screening an unfinished version of the movie on May 5th. Not the final version.

[ April 26, 2005, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Not much, but it is a little.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing in Florida, grumble grumble...

Although I did just send Shmuel the link for the Boston one, maybe. So I should get points for that.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I show up in these threads because my goal remains unchanged...

quote:

To explore strange new worlds...To seek out new life forms, and new civilizations... To boldly go, where no man has gone before...

Well, that and I'm insanely bored and fighting desperately to stay awake.

And antagonizing Tesh is just extra credit. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

[Mad]

[Cry]

[Razz]

The wait will make it all the sweeter when I finally get to see it [Smile] .

Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Although I did just send Shmuel the link for the Boston one, maybe. So I should get points for that.
And I bought two tickets. If this does turn out to be Serenity, you'll get lots of points. [Smile]
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::grumbles::
Of COURSE I'm all set to go to chicago THIS weekend.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
And of course *I'm* going to be in Chicago May 12th.

::also grumbles::

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I actually think I'd prefer to wait. I could definitely get to Chicago for it if I really wanted to, and I'm sure I could find other things to do apart from the screening to make the trip worthwhile, but I want to see the finished product. I want Serenity, not an approximation of Serenity.
fugu13
Member # 2859

*gets nervous twitch*

I so very, very want to see that, but I'm not seeing a way to get there! *contemplates buying car*

fugu13
Member # 2859

twinky: my perspective is I'm going to get Serenity with everybody else, later.

This would just be a bonus.

twinky
Member # 693

But then when you go to see the REAL Serenity you'll already know what's going to happen. I want to feel the full impact of it the first time.
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thus saith Joss on the Browncoats forum:
quote:
Well.

It gets better.

As thus: The movie is very nearly finished. You've seen many pretty images in the trailer. But I've still got work to do and you've still got months before you can see it.

Unless.

And, no, I'm not talking Australia (but Hi, Australia! anyway), I'm talking here in the more-or-less-United States, a one time multi-city Browncoat sneak event. Thursday, May 5th at 10:00 pm, the movie (Serenity! Pay attention! Jeez.) will be playing at exactly 10 theaters in 10 cities across the country. You (or possibly someone much like you) (or possibly a robot EXACTLY like you, but with better manners and sonic arm-lasers, sent to take your place) will be able to buy a ticket to see Serenity months in advance. Not just the bitty trailer with not enough Kaylee and Book, but the whole film, in its extremely almost completed state.

You probably have some questions. How is this possible? What cities exactly will it be in? What are these changes my body is going through? All valid. It's possible because some clown put a bunch of Universal execs in a theater full of Browncoats and dude, they came out SWEATING, they never seen energy like that. They loved it, and even though they were already wicked supportive of the movie (see: earlier posts re: we're making the movie) they simply weren't ready for you guys. When I whinged on about pushing the date and everyone here was posting about "what do we do till September", they agreed to let me sneak it out.

Maybe they thought it was a fluke. Maybe they wanna see if people really do care about the flick. Or maybe they're just treating us with respect and kindness, though that last option confuses and terrifies me as much as these changes my body is going through (I'm "perspiring" and becoming "interested in girls", which believe me is very unsettling when you're 40.) Does it matter? The plan works for me, and it can work for a select bunch of y'all. Here's what I know:

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle
Austin
Sacramento
Boston
Altanta
Chicago
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Denver
The Portland of Oregon

If you're in or near one of those, you might wanna stop by. There's supposed to be a "Can't Stop the Signal" page on this website (I don't know where it is -- hey, I remembered my damn password, doesn't that buy me any cred?) There should be more info there soon about how to get in, bringing peeps into the fold, I think there's even competetions and stuff. (All I know is I have exactly 20 Brownie points. I answered ONE triv Q and got it wrong. Forget cred. I have no cred.) Now a couple of us might just creep into one of those major metropolitan multiplexes to see if anyone does show up, so remember: swearing in Chinese ONLY.

All right. This will please the fans and satisfy the employers of Joss Whedon, so I must stop as my arm-lasers are getting tired. I politely thank you for your attention.

Should be fun.

-j.

Now I'm psyched.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

*cries*

I expect a full spoiler-free report!

*cries* I don't believe this. I just don't believe it! I'm having belief issues! ARGH!

Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
couldn't it be in louisville, KY?

I have to work at churchill downs the two days after that, and am taking a trip already this week, or i'd try to go, but if it were here, then maybe i could go. [Grumble]

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
And Australia says Hi back!

[Wave]

(Wow. Joss said hi to me. I'm sure he meant me personally. *me* [Blushing] )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
The "Can't Stop the Signal page

Includes city listings and direct Fandango links.

There's also a Can't Stop the Signal page at Serenity: The Official Movie Website, just click on the menu listing.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
May 5 is my birthday, anyone wanna give me a present? *bats eyelashes* [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Cry] [Cry]

One week later and we'd be okay. That's my last class, though, and we are filling out team member evaluations. I'm thinking skipping class would go badly for me. [Frown] [Frown]

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Joss.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bite_Me
Member # 7918

- posted      Profile for Bite_Me   Email Bite_Me         Edit/Delete Post 
All sold out already. Not like I was really going to be able to go anyway though. Guess I just have to wait until September when I will most likely end up seeing it repeatedly.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

If I like the unfinished version next Thursday, I'll also see it in September. The trailer has me excited about it, but I've been let down by trailers before. Luckily, the fact that it was an awesome TV series bolsters my expectations of it.
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jon, I'll roshambo you for one of those tickets. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

*puts on cup. assumes Matrix style kung fu pose. beckons with hand*

Brrrrrrrrrring it!

Frisco
Member # 3765

HIIIYA!
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Eek!]
fugu13
Member # 2859

Heh, today's Penny Arcade comments on the Serenity pre-showing. I didn't link it because it contains some pretty bad profanity.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Holy Crap! That guy's feet left the ground!

If you get to Seattle by next Thursday, Frisco, you can totally have one of my tickets.

Frisco
Member # 3765

I'll assume that you know enough about my travelling antics that you wouldn't make that offer idly, Jon. And it's not like I haven't been looking for an excuse to come up for beers.

Gimme the weekend to figure out my money situation. [Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOO! There's no showing for around here!
And I can't even watch the trailer!!!
[Wall Bash] [Cry]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Why not? Won't load? Too big? Don't have graphics? Wha?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have the plugin, and I can't download it...for some weird reason.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to an HD trailer of Serenity http://www.apple.com/quicktime/hdgallery/serenity.html
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

Mac users use Quicktime to watch that, everyone else use VLC MPlayer or something thats smart with h.264 codecs.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

I take it back, I tried VLC, and it crashed. MPlayer can play it back but has problems.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.