FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Celebrity Look Alikes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Celebrity Look Alikes
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Xavier looks more like Frankie Muniz, rather than Damon.

I agree. I don't see much of Jake, Tobey, or Matt in that picture.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So is that what God sounds like?
Yup. It's a well-kept secret—or it WAS until someone spilled the beans.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Theres a guy at my school that is identical to OSC. Except that he's around 17 and blond.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think someone on Hatrack once said I look like Renee Zelwiger. I don't see it.
I said that. And you do. [Smile]

quote:
Who do I look like? Raia? I don't have an opinion regarding myself at this aspect.
Let me think about this for a while, and get back to you.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
About every other day I get a class where someone says I look like Tom Hanks.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn, maybe I went to school with you.

When I lived in Connecticut (moved away at the age of 15) there was a boy in my school who looked so much like Tom Hanks--it was amazing. I still remember his name too....

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a great picture of my dad looking almost exactly like Robert De Niro. Unfortunately, he looks like the Robert De Niro in Awakenings....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who do I look like? Raia?
You so do not look like Raia. [Roll Eyes]

[Wink]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that Xav really looks like T. Sadly, T isn't a celeb yet.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AC
Member # 7909

- posted      Profile for AC           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been told toldthat when I have a goatee and wear aviator sunglasses I look like Rob Halford
Posts: 151 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been told by many people that I look like Drew Berrymore. I guess I can kind of see it.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
People used to tell me I looked like Winona Ryder, but I haven't heard that in years.

[ May 07, 2005, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: romanylass ]

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone here said on foobonic that I looked like Lucy Lawless. I wasn't insulted...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
People always told me: "You look like Yohana Puke."

I wonder who she is.

***I know, I know, the pun sucks, don't make fun of me.***

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I look like CW Eerily.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Eru: [Razz]

Allegra: You do! I never thought of that before!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pelegius
Member # 7868

- posted      Profile for Pelegius           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been told I look like Brendon Urie of Panic at the Disco. I had to look his picture up, but there is a resemblance.

Edited to add: as a child I looked remarkably like Harry Potter (except for the eyes) and was often told so.

[ August 06, 2006, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Pelegius ]

Posts: 1332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the most recent picture of me.

I've been told I look like:
Melissa Joan Hart (although it happened more when my hair was its natural dirty blonde)
Alyson Hannigan
Nicole Kidman
Kirsten Dunst (although what he actually said was, "That chick from Spider-man")

I don't think there are that many similarities with the last three beyond the red hair and pale skin.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I once convinced a group of eight year old kids that I was Harold Ramis. Or, more accurately, Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
pH, in that picture, you strike me as resembling the young Virginia Woolf more than any of those listed. I think it's the eyes and nose -- a sort of elegant, refined pairing.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told I look like Emma Watson and Anne Hathaway. No one has told me that since I cut my hair though.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see the resemblance to Kidman, pH. At least in that picture, and more so around your eyes and nose than than your mouth and jaw. Then again, I recall seeing a different picture of you that looked very little at all like Kidman.

This is me (in front)

I've been told I look like:
Keanu Reeves.
A Mexican.
umm, that's about it. I disagree with both assessments.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
I (from last weekend) have occasionally reminded the rather nearsighted of Elizabeth Shue.

--------------

Edited to add: Less so as I have gotten older, though. And I imagine that if Ms. Shue would style her hair with a briar bush, it would help the resemblance.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
No one has told me that I look like this celebrity.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone at a wedding recently said I looked like Ferris Bueller.

Not Matthew Broderick , mind you, but Ferris Bueller.

I've also gotten George Clooney, the guy from Goo goo dolls, and Harry Connick, Jr. (among others).

I seem to have one of those faces where everyone sees something in it that reminds them of someone.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, well I look like Yoda.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
When my hair was shorter, I looked like a young Gene wilder

More recently, I've been told that I look a lot like Pipboy, just without the guns.

Me a couple years ago (note no shotgun or laser pistol)

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

I've been told that when I smile i look like Mos
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Except otherwise I don't look like him [Big Grin]
pH
Member # 1350

Jux, it seems like every one of my pictures looks pretty different from the others.

Two other recent ones.

And I don't think you look much like Keanu. You have better lips. And Keanu exudes stupidity.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
"I know Kung-Fu"

Man, I love Celebrity Jepordy...

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa.

Dude.

Whoa.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah, I see what you mean about your pictures looking different, pH. If I hadn't known otherwise, I wouldn't be able to tell that those are all the same person. Well, maybe those last two, but I wouldn't have been positive about it. You remind me of someone else in those, but no one I can bring to mind at the moment.
Also, you're too kind. [Smile]

On an unrelated note, MightyCow you do kind of look like Gene Wilder. Probably more so if in that picture you weren't making the best face I've seen in a while.

I knew I was inviting problems when I mentioned Keanu...

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I tried really hard to find a picture of Willy Wonka era Gene Wilder making that same face, but no dice.

Do to a recent hard drive crash, I don't have easy access to any other pictures of me with hair that length, so you'll have to use your imagination [Smile]

I kind of wish I could grow a really nice, full beard so I could see how much I can make myself look like Chuck Norris. Alas, it will never be [Frown]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey pH,

You look like that chick on Mythbusters. Do you do the Gothic thing? Hope you don't do the thong and low-rise jeans thing.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

See, the key with wearing ultra low rise jeans is to also wear ultra low rise thongs.

As to whether or not I do the gothic thing, it completely depends on the day. And my mood. And where I'm going.

I kind of think I look like that one DA from Law and Order: SVU. Diane Neal, that's her name.

-pH

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I have any pictures available but in highschool I was always described as looking like a Teddy-Grahm. What's particularly odd about this is that half the time this observation was made while standing at attention with sabre drawn in my Class-A's in front of my company in formation... I don't know what kind of JROTC teddy-grahms everyone else was eating but I always found the comparison amusing.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad this thread was resurrected. I enjoy it.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
pH's Look Alike, Kari Byron on the Discovery Channel's "Mythbusters"

In her early appearances on the show, the camera kept accidentally catching glimpes of Kari's thong as she was shown building various contraptions. I was afraid she would catch it on something, and that would be the end of Kari. Lately the cameraman has been choosing more discrete angles.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ironically the only time I've ever been told I look like anybody celbritywise I was with celia60. (although lots of people claim they've seen *someone* that looks like me somewhere, bowling alleys, sister's friends cousin kind of things)

Anyway we were in CostPlus World Market (now just World Market) and I'd just managed to walk into my own car door in the parking lot much to Celia's and her husband's great amusement. I was working on a good knot on my forehead and had a throbbing headache. I sat down while they made their purchases and a checker came all the way over to where I was sitting down to tell me I looked like Julia Stiles.

It was a very surreal experience, partially from the altered state of consciousness the knock on the head induced.

On the other hand I really like Julia Stiles as an actress so I certainly took it as a compliment!

AJ

Assorted pictures of me. The "haircut" page is the most recent, and the "me" page is mildly not worksafe (there is one picture where I'm only wearing a towel.)
http://sjonesce.home.comcast.net/ajspictures/main.htm

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.