FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I’m leaving Hatrack (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I’m leaving Hatrack
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
On Tuesday morning I’ll get in a car and head to Provo Utah to begin my missionary service for my Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. On my mission of two years I will have access to e-mail (but not my current address), and certainly to snail-mail, but not to Hatrack, or any other portion of the web.

I’m announcing this now in case someone wants to say something or ask me a question before I leave. I’m not sure what any of those things would be, but what the heck, here’s your chance. [Smile] As you would imagine, I’ll be pretty busy before I leave, but I’ll check e-mail and, to a lesser extent, be on Hatrack.

If anyone wants to write to me while I’m on my mission I’d of course love to hear from you! [Smile] I’ve given my address to Kat, and I think she’ll kind of be in control of it. I don’t want it posted for obvious reasons, but if anyone wants it, an e-mail to me for the next few days, or to Kat should get it for you. [Cool] My policy is I will write back anyone who writes me (meaning, I’m no initiating anything, there’s just no way I would remember to).

Have a smash without me Hatrack! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a good experience Hobbes.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, man. We'll miss ya!
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nitasmile
Member # 8275

- posted      Profile for Nitasmile   Email Nitasmile         Edit/Delete Post 
I just signed up here tonight and wasn't going to post anything (following the proper protocol of lurking for new forums) until I saw your post. Have a wonderful mission: you'll do great. I hope you are going to post a similar good-bye at Nauvoo (I just checked and didnn't see one yet), I know everyone over there would want to say farewell as well!
Posts: 38 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
All the best!

My mission was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Both the highs and the lows. Treasure it all.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure it's going to be a rewarding experience Hobbes. Good luck, and see you around the fora when you get back, assuming they still exist.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck on your mission! [Hat]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Have a good one, Hobbes! [Hat]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, I am always so proud and awed to see a young man so thrilled to go on a mission. I'm probably going to miss you, even though I don't usually miss people who leave message boards I frequent, but I'll do my best to still be here when you get back. I will make an effort to write you, though I'm not the best about that kind of thing. E-mail is much better for me because things actually stay in my inbox until they're replied to, as opposed to being carried all over the apartment by little hands or shredded by a cat. Also, my life is going to be a bit hectic for the next few months, maybe more. But even if I don't write you much, know that I care about you, and that if there's anything you need and can't get (along the lines of spices or something), write me and ask, and I'll do my best to get it to you. (((hugs))) (You haven't been set apart yet, have you? Oops. Well, I think virtual hugs are okay, even if you have.) I'll be thinking of you and wishing you luck, and I'll pray for you now and then. [Smile] It's been an honor getting to know you. You're a good man.

Annie is very lucky. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, I sent an email asking for your address (in case you miss it somehow and see this). Good luck on your mission! You'll be such an awesome missionary, and the new "Preach My Gospel" system is fantastic. The spirit I feel with the newest missionaries is stronger than ever before. Raising the bar and the change to "Preach My Gospel" has really made a powerful difference. They say that even though there are fewer missionaries, they are more effective so it more than makes up, and the rate of baptisms is even higher. I expect it will be an amazing mission experience for you. I wish it were I who were going. Maybe someday I can.

I think the change in the missionaries is being felt throughout the whole church. It's strengthening and lifting our wards and branches, as well as gathering in new converts. I feel so privileged to be a part of the work that our Heavenly Father is directing here on earth. I ordered the "Preach My Gospel" book and have been reading and studying it, and going out on team-ups. My small way of taking part. [Smile] I feel sure you will love the whole experience. I'm so proud of you and happy for you!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes,

I'll look forward to getting updates via kat & the others. I hope it is a rewarding time.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, I'm sorry that I won't be in town to see you into the MTC, but we'll be up in Yellowstone. Hopefully we'll get to hang out with Annie up there. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to you. [Hat]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Goodbye and good luck, Hobbes!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you have a wonderful experience, Hobbes. Safe journey.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
best wishes on your mission!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Go Elder Hobbes!

My only advice: If you can't get along with your companion, you can't get much work done. Be friendly, open, and very forgiving.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Hobbes! Let us know what your new e-mail address is [Smile]
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
All the best, Hobbes. We'll miss you.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
Even tho i didn't really know you, i hope that your mission inspires you to do greatness.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck on your mission Hobbes! We'll miss you. (You better come back to Hatrack when you get back from the trip!)
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Hobbes. Come back quickly! [Smile] And have a fabulous time!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Hobbes! [Smile]

Be prepared to tell tales when you return. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who doesn't know where you are assigned? Or is secret due to there being a Hatrack conclave there?

Keep smiling Hobbesy. I love you, man.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, I wish you well on your journey, you will be missed.

Belle [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Good bye and good luck! [Smile] [Frown] [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. I'm just a lurker but I really enjoy and value your posts.
Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] wooot! Now we can PAR-TIE!
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Am I the only one who doesn't know where you are assigned? Or is secret due to there being a Hatrack conclave there?

Guess you missed it, mothertree. Here's the thread.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Or more directly: Spokane Washington Mission, which is Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, a small bit of Western Montana, and tiny, tiny, tiny portion of Canada.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. [Cool] I'm sure I'll have fun and I'm sure it'll be good for me. [Smile]

AK, I e-mailed you back, hope you got it!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Hobbes. I guess we'll see you when you get back. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck...I know it will be rewarding. If you decide to visit the Western side o' the state, drop me an e-mail. [Smile]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy mission Hobbes!!! How long are you gonna be at the MTC?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Hobbes. I hope you find the experience rewarding.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, yep, thanks! I got the email! Good luck and be SURE to keep in touch.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Elder Hobbes! (I never got the chance when you announced your call...must have been during the few weeks I didn't come to Hatrack...those were dark days. [Wink] )

I know you will make an awesome missionary. Good luck! Along with everyone else, I'm looking forward to your stories when you come home. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Goodbye and glad tidings! (I sent you an email, too.)
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Hobbes. Hope things go well. Safe journey the next two years. We'll "see" you in about two years. [Smile]
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Hobbes. Best wishes on your mission!
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck Hobbes,

Although luck has nothing to do with it.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Take care Hobbes! Best of luck and have fun! [Smile]
We'll miss you. [Cry]
Take care of that red head of yours.
Peace.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you an enriching and exciting experience. Be well and have fun, Hobbes!
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes' last day on Hatrack for 2 years!

We'll miss you!

[Wave]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes,

I just want to wish you the best on your mission. May it bring you and others even closer to God. You will be missed here.

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, Hobbes!

[Wave]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
*Cry.*

NO HOBBES?! I'M LEAVING TOO!

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a pleasure talking with and sharing a forum with you, Hobbes [Smile] Best of luck to you on your mission [Smile]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes you will be an awesome missionary. I was very touched by the testimony you shared with your friend and posted in the other thread. Your testimony will see you through the challenges you will face. Thanks for making Hatrack a nicer place to be. Best wishes!! [Hat]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Didja get my e-mail?

Regardless... be well, big guy... life will be nasty, brutish, and (hopefully very) short without ya' here [Razz]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.