FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I’m leaving Hatrack (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I’m leaving Hatrack
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck on your mission, Hobbes. I will really miss you.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still going to suicide. I stopped myself until now just so I can hear the one and only concert that ever mattered to me, but now that I've heard it, I have no reason to live besides Hobbes.
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you serious?
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
No. I can't kill myself when I still have the chance of converting to LDS and preaching with Hobbes.
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

But thanks for your concern. I must've phrased it too seriously...
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget that you still have a chance of converting to the light side of linguistics.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Yeah. That's not something to joke about. I was about to blow the whistle on your post.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

quote:
Don't forget that you still have a chance of converting to the light side of linguistics.
And you have a chance of converting to the bright side of perception.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Suicide is, I think, one of the topics that it's not okay to joke about on Hatrack. There's a story behind that someone more involved might be willing to hash out for you, but it's good to know that it's generally not an amusing topic for people.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

And death generally is? *Thinks back to Tom's ridiculous joke in the "Danzig is Dead" thread.*
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Haloed Silhouette:
And you have a chance of converting to the bright side of perception.

You know, I wouldn't be bothered by your cheap jabs if they were at least somewhat realistic.

And you do realize that I'm only teasing you, right? Just checking.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

So am I.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem. Anyway....

I'll miss you too Hobbes. [Smile] You're going to LOVE your mission, best of luck!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Hobbes [Smile] ))))))
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Well I'm off; after I post this to Nauvoo as well, I'm going to shut-down my computer and wont start it again for two years. I've had a wonderful time here, and am sure I will again. I've learned a lot and got a lot, and I thank-you all.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

*Cry.*
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I am really going to miss Hobbes. I've pretty much watch for the past 6 years as he's literal grown up at Hatrack.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
okay now we can talk about him.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
By Hobbesey! Be a great missionary!!!!

-----

Okay, he's gone now. Whaddya want to talk about?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
on second thought, let's wait until Annie goes away, too.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*waves* Bye, Hobbesy.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Hobbes)))))

Good luck and have fun! I'm sorry I missed responding before you left, and I'll miss you but I'm sure you'll have some great stories to tell us when you come back.

[Smile] Dragon

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well I'm off; after I post this to Nauvoo as well, I'm going to shut-down my computer and wont start it again for two years
whoa.... imagine the system updates that are going to be piled up waiting for him...

Seriously though, I know I'm saying this after you've already logged out and are en route, but I wish you all the best and hope to "see" you when you get back home!

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Man, I could actually leave work right now and drive over to the MTC where I might even find Hobbes getting ready to officially start his mission. Don't really know what he looks like, and he would have no idea who I am, but hey...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
There are pictures, you know.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
ooh DO it AFR!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

I'm not dressed for it.

I DO know what he looks like from pictures, but I don't think I could pick him out from the enormous crowd that always congregates in front of the MTC.

That, and finding parking.

Actually, wait--MTC day is Wednesday, isn't it? So maybe I can plan a bit better and greet him there tomorrow.

Does anyone know what time he's going in?

katharina
Member # 827

His last name is towards the end of the alphabet, so I'll bet he goes in around 4:00.

6'2", bright-red hair, halo - he couldn't be that hard to find!

advice for robots
Member # 2544

Well, yeah, there's the halo and the little ray of sunshine that will be following him around.

4:00? You think? It seems so late.

katharina
Member # 827

I'm a "P", and I think I went in at 2:30. Doesn't the last go in at 4:00? Maybe 3:30?
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of halos there, I bet. [Smile] <will miss Hobbsey> Wow, he was 14 when he first started posting! <sniffs and wipes a tear> Our little tiger is all grown up now.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I missed him. I shouldn't leave for so long at a stretch. I hope Hobbesy has a wonderful time. Where's he going? Does anyone know?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Spokane, WA
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
What I want to know is what teeny weeny part of Canada is in that mission?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.