FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » One more time, Weston Price (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: One more time, Weston Price
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, so that's how the Jews all got rich [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I suddenly understand why my mother doesn't add salt to most things she cooks.

She's hoarding the salt! :ninja:

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

If it's ALL B.S., ( and some alchemy is), how were they getting them across the Himalaya? The Silk Road didn't open until several centuries later.

steven, it's like your brain jumps from one statement past a whole bunch of other statements and arrives at an assumption which you promptly call a conclusion. Not only do you do this with your own opinions, but you do it when you're responding to other people's opinions. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the fact we have abundant evidence of regular exchange between China and places further west, including India and the Middle East, for much of history, is a minor detail.

Basically, people are pretty darn mobile. That there was no Silk Road doesn't somehow create an insurmountable barrier to trade, particularly trade in ideas, which are far more easily passed along gradually without any individual person traveling the intervening distance.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante,

This really is fun. It's become sort of morbid curiosity for me.

steven,

Am I being unfair in asking you to re-read the posts you respond to before responding? You just appear to be vomiting random "facts" rather than providing any connections between them, as I asked. How adding more unconnected "facts" helps the situation is simply beyond me.

It's as if we are speaking different languages and just haven't realized it yet. Either that, or we're holding two different conversations while using each others names in the headers.

This is the most baffling thread since Bean Counter's latest spew.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
With all due respect to comrade Bob, who is doing a sterling job of trying to educate a man who is clearly more spoonlike than knifish, I think you are all ignoring the root cause of the problem. (No, it's not lack of microclusters, whatever they are.) Take a look at this post on the first page :

quote:
Originally posted by steven:
Perhaps you are correct about me overcomplicating my life. What else should I do? I work full-time, and have a full life as it is. I don't date much, but that's my choice, is it not?

My emphasis. Here's my advice to you, comrade steven; get thee to a bar, chat up some woman, and get laid. You'll find that microclusters of titanium are much less compelling afterwards.

That aside, though,

quote:
Tom, I haven't analyzed it like that. My basic idea is that he didn't understand physics enough to see (and I'm still working on my understanding of this) how microcluster particles interact with fats, sugars, and substances that don't form natural microclusters.
Excuse me there, comrade. You have demonstrated a total lack of understanding of basic arithmetic, and you expect us to believe that you are 'working on' a good understanding of quantum physics? It is to laugh.

quote:
Brain matter, when rendered down to remove all organic matter, is 2.5% microcluster Rhodium and 2.5% microcluster Iridium.
Gosh a'mighty! And the average book, after removing all words longer than three letters, would be about 30% 'the' and about 30% 'and'. But in all honesty I don't think that's a valid argument for the importance of those two words.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy that nobody is arguing with me about the Price stuff anymore that I have trouble caring enough to post about anything else.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Or could it be this?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Ted Benson is hot.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.