FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Girls aren't made of plastic... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Girls aren't made of plastic...
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen "Fried Green Tomatoes" does that count?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can we please get back on topic.

Who here is a lesbian?

*peers cautiously into the thread, which she hasn't looked at since the first dozen posts*

Hmm, Hatrack thread drift, I guess I shouldn't be surprsied if this is the topic now.

For what it's worth, I'm in a long-term committed relationship with another woman, but I do not identify as a lesbian (or even bisexual, for that matter). So I don't know why I'm even posting this. I guess because it beats working [Razz]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I clean the bathrooms, so I think it's only fair that I get to dictate the state of the toilet seat and lid.

Why? If that is the job you have chosen as part of your contribution to the family, why does that make you goddess of the potty seat?

It would be the same as if a sole wage-earner had said: "I make all the money around here, so I get to dictate all the decisions about everything."

Not! [Big Grin]

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Stray - out of curiosity, how do you identify?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a woman in Stray's situation who identified as "Straight with Shannon Tendancies" (Shannon being her girlfriend)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Gotcha
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah.

I had a girlie-fling last winter. Parts of it were excellent, parts of it drove me absolutely nuts. Currently I have an excellent boyfriend. So I'm not a practicing lesbian [Smile] . And since he strongly prefers monogamy, I doubt I'm going to have many more opportunities.

Sometimes we scope out chicks together, though.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont mind shaving, putting on makeup, or doing any of the stuff that girls do...I guess Im just a girlie girl.

And I dont think there is anything wrong with that...I am proud to be a woman!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I guess I should read the most updated replies before posting something...

sorry about the total subject change!!!

I might add I am proud to be a woman and I love men!!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JuniperDreams:
Forgive me if this sounds somewhat crude, or if I'm breaking shocking news....

But girls are people too.... We have skin... and.. wait-wait! Get this: On the skin.... we grow hair! That's right... hair just like you, fellas!

So tell me... why is it that we have to shave and you don't??? I mean.... what's the big deal about hairy legs? Everything these days makes it sound so unnatural.....

And we can get acne just like you! So why do we have to cover it up and you don't?

And while I'm up here embarassing myself... PUT DOWN THE DAMN TOILET SEAT!! thank you.

I agree on the shaving. I've never understood that, myself.

On the toilet seat... OPERATE THE DAMN TOILET SEAT YOURSELF!!!!! Thank you.

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who likes the feel of air on newly shaved skin? It's kind of invigoratin'. If I weren't such a wuss and feared being driven from rural Florida by a mass of pitchfork and shotgun weilding rednecks, I might shave my whole body.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
But think how invigorating it will feel if you shave your whole body and then get chased by that mob. Especially if you streak.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly enjoyed it when I shaved my head. But that's a way less bothersome than shaving legs.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.