FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Songs that Creep me Out, though I like them anyway (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Songs that Creep me Out, though I like them anyway
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner by Fall Out Boy

quote:
So wear me like a locket around your throat.
I'll weigh you down.
I'll watch you choke.
You look so good in blue.
You look so good in blue.

But I love the band so much.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
"Kidnap the Sandy Claws." -- A Nightmare Before Christmas.

It's a fun perky song, but still... beating him with a stick, throwing him in the ocean, blowing him up with a cannon...

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Souljacker Part 1 by the Eels. I don't much like songs about incest, but that one has a rockin' beat.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
"I Can't Live Within You"- David Bowie, from Labyrinth.

"Your eyes can be so cruel... Just as I can be so cruel..."

"Blood Makes Noise", Suzanne Vega.

"I think that you might want to know the details and the facts/ but there's something in my head denies the memory of the acts..."

"The Curse of Milhaven", Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

"They ask me if I feel remorse, and I answer, 'Why, of course/ there's so much more I could have done if they'd let me...'"

Oh, and several others. I have something of a taste for the macabre.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
"I put my hands around your neck
You wrap your arms around me."

Creepiest lyrics ever.

And then there's BNL's "Tonight is the Night I Fell Asleep at the Wheel." I think the title says it all.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mambo #5" must be the most sexist song to come out in 30 years. "A little Monica in your life." Total womanizing dweeb.

The second most sexist song is played on our oldie station, just to prove that they were creepy back in the 60's as well. Its the song sung by the man saying, "One day I will be the faithful husband and you can be my well cared for faithful wife, but until I settle down, just be a good girl while I go make out with anything in a skirt that looks at me." I wish I could remember those names.

The other one is Tobie Keith and Willie Nelson's "Beer for my horses". Just not even thinking about beer and horses, the line "Justice is the one thing you should always find" drives me crazy. What about compassion, love, faith, God? They don't matter if we can string up anyone we consider a bad guy. I like Willie too much for that song to be connected to him.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I like making fun of Mambo #5 when I am at buffets.
"A little bit of chicken here we come, a little bit of rice yeah yeah yeah.."
But, dang is that song somewhat annoying, but catchy.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a song by Finch (ew, but I like three of their songs), and I think the lyrics are something like this:

"With my hands around your neck, who will stop me now?"

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Thea Gilmore, Holding Your Hand ("In your ashes and your smoke/Like the punchline to a joke/I'll be holding your hand").

Bruce Cockburn, You've Never Seen Everything ("Forsensics reveals the lady has pitchfork wounds in her chest/Pitchfork")

Grey Eye Glances, All Because of You ("Most days I'm just fine/But not today")

Agreed with Tante that people who find From a Distance a fluffy or uplifting song are not listening to the same lyrics I am.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Catchy and gets stuck in my head despite me loathing it... The award goes to "It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy an some other guy.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Nine Inch Nails "Hurt" does not creep me out but it makes me all crazy. (depressed but loving it, sort of)
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
Climbing Up The Walls - Radiohead

definitely a creepy song, from the atmospheric music to lyrics like "So lock the kids up safe tonight/and shut their eyes in the cupboards/I've got the smell of a local man/Who's got the loneliest feeling"

what a great song

Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Anything by the Dresden Dolls. See Girl Anachronism, for example, or Missed Me (warning: some foul language). I love the innocent way she sings the latter.

The new stuff by A.F.I. (The Art Of Drowning/Sing the Sorrow).

The track "Turned Blue" by Caroline's Spine is really creepy, too.

Rereading this topic, I saw somebody mentioned Eels. It reminded me that, really, the entire Electro-Shock Blues album fits this topic.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
"Lola" by The Kinks. It's creepy in a humorous way.
"Hyperballad" by Bjork, but I guess a lot of her stuff is similarly creepy. This song in particular just gives me chills.

I adore both songs though.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Mercy Street by Peter Gabriel.

Creepy in an "I don't really understand what he's talking about but there's clearly something wrong here" kind of way.

Also "Home Sweet Home."

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.